• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the refreshing, I'd kinda lost all the things that you'd been doing. Gotta love this AAR, what you managed to do with the country being in such a state of chaos. Too bad the Germans gave up so quickly. What's the plan now? Going for the West Coast of the US.

Carlito Gambino said:
Thanks for the refreshing, I'd kinda lost all the things that you'd been doing. Gotta love this AAR, what you managed to do with the country being in such a state of chaos. Too bad the Germans gave up so quickly. What's the plan now? Going for the West Coast of the US.

Remble doesn´t have enough troops to land in the West Coast...

Charming update.

It is amazing how much progress has been made isn't it?

In my current Britain game I have tried out your tactic of raids. It seems that most AIs, and certainly the Italian one are simply not able to deal with that. In africa I set 12 Divisions, 6x INF and 6x MNT off at Benghazi and could take over half of Lybia before the Italians were even moving. Same went when I raided Taranto to force their Fleet out into the waiting guns of the Med Fleet and when I raided Rome for their stockpiles.

thanks for the flashbacks. when i see the review, i couldn`t believe for a while how you managed to get those areas. regarding the deep resource problem which is not shown in the flashback updates, this is really difficult to achieve and i congratulate you one more time with my deep respects.

and waiting for the Emperor`s decision about Persia ???

Very nice summary there.

Now, I may be a pessimist, but I don't believe that SU will be beaten in any reasonable amount of time (that is, before the end of the game time). All we've seen this far has been slow withdrawal of IJA, although it's been a controlled one and has caused a lot of losses to the enemy. Minor incursions to Iraq and along the SU east coast have been semi-succesful, but they have not made any big strategic difference. After all, no major attacks can be made against USA or any other Allies before the Bear has been tamed, and that front will continuously take every possible division that Remble has. Possibly the line can be held indefinately in the northern China and Manchuria, India is also possible although if the soviets took advantage of the hole in the line in north it would be most definately lost. In that case new defensive positions would fall to Calcutta area or in a worse case to burmese mountains. The airforce is the only thing that is holding the soviets back, but I seriously doubt that it can eliminate so many divisions that it would shift the balance so much that withdrawing would change to advancing.

That being said, I have not been very succesful in forecasting any previous developments either, so.... :rolleyes:

Velko said:
Very nice summary there.

Now, I may be a pessimist, but I don't believe that SU will be beaten in any reasonable amount of time (that is, before the end of the game time). All we've seen this far has been slow withdrawal of IJA, although it's been a controlled one and has caused a lot of losses to the enemy. Minor incursions to Iraq and along the SU east coast have been semi-succesful, but they have not made any big strategic difference. After all, no major attacks can be made against USA or any other Allies before the Bear has been tamed, and that front will continuously take every possible division that Remble has. Possibly the line can be held indefinately in the northern China and Manchuria, India is also possible although if the soviets took advantage of the hole in the line in north it would be most definately lost. In that case new defensive positions would fall to Calcutta area or in a worse case to burmese mountains. The airforce is the only thing that is holding the soviets back, but I seriously doubt that it can eliminate so many divisions that it would shift the balance so much that withdrawing would change to advancing.

That being said, I have not been very succesful in forecasting any previous developments either, so.... :rolleyes:

If Remble could destroy the infinite US navy, maybe after some time he can destroy the infinite SU army and slowly start to advance. But I also think he will not have enough time to reach Moscow, nor invade US west coast... well, surviving and keeping China, India, Indonesia and Oceania under control is a great achievement though. If you think in terms of population, he controls something around half of worlds population.

Last edited:
Nice overview once again. Useful for people with a lousy memory like myself... :D

I really enjoyed the stroll down memory lane. :D This was my favorite part.

Remble said:
"Aren't you forgetting something fairly important?" asked Ginjiro.

"Oh I almost forgot. The United States Navy was close to being totally destroyed in the process." replied Mamoru.

"No, no thats not it."

"It isn't?"

"No. We captured Australia and New Zealand remember."

Mamoru looked at the map a little closer. "Why so we did. Thank you for pointing that out."

"Your welcome."

"Now where was I."

"The Pacific?" Ginjiro added helpfully.

"Right. The Pacific has remained unchanged since. The odd naval battle has occured from time to time but no territory has changed hands."

I love the fact Ginjiro had to remind Mamoru about that little invasion of Australia and New Zealand.

I think that the soviet army is showing signs of being about to break.
Once the cracks start spreading, the bear will fall fast and hard.
So I am very much a believer of the emperors tea-party in moscow.
Too bad Remble will have to release them to their own devices, if he wants to take USA too, as the TC trouble in soviet will no doubt be unmanageable in the time that remains, with the very limited manpower available.
Still... making a nice rug out of the bear to keep the imperial feet happy is something.

LordSlowpoke - Your welcome. World Conquest is still undecided and will largely be determined by all of you when the time comes to decide, if I can even beat the Soviets of course.

Deus Eversor - My strength remains around 170 divisions with the Soviet numbers in the update.

Carlito Gambino, Inner Circle - Turning chaos into order is fun for me. The US is safe until I either beat or lose to the Soviets, at which point it is likely to receive a few envoys.

Thurak, Maj. von Mauser, robou, elbasto - Thank you. I wasn't sure I covered enough but the details are elsewhere if anyone was more curious I guess. Brief was more what I was after with this update.

ozidnz - Landing in the US does force them to change build priorities for sure. Unfortunately the AI still builds what is in its current build queue, and that will almost certainly contain somewhere close to 20 Carriers by now.

trekaddict - Decent tactics work well :) I called off Tedious largely because it was overly confusing the AI as well as being of little continued benefit.

harezmi - Thank you. Trade was a lot more complex this game than last but once its sorted out it becomes much less of a burden. Persia will be in the update.

Velko, Leumatiello - Thanks. Being pessimistic is fine as its not completely clear cut yet. After this year we should know for sure whether Japan or the Soviets will win their War or if it will turn into a giant stalemate.

Murmurandus - Thank you. I remember you love secret operations so I made one up for you :D

Nathan Madien - Thanks. I am glad the humour is welcomed and I try to keep it tongue in cheek most of the time :)

Argus Eritarami - TC will be a massive problem if I win against the Soviets. Controlling it is going to be the hardest part of the game.

The next operational name was chosen by Krogzar way back on page 117. Only one other operation is still to be used, named by robou, and it is Operation Lynchpin. There remain no plans for this operation at this time.

Monthly update to follow ...

Update (May 1st 1947)

0000 May 1st 1947.
Imperial Palace. Tokyo, Japan.

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. We will begin with an Intelligence update this month." Hideki began the monthly meeting.

"Your Majesty, Gentlemen, good morning." began Kuniaki. "I have managed to place another overseas agent during April. This will give us a slightly more accurate picture of British forces but it is still inaccurate."​

may1470000intsov.jpg

"As usual I will begin with the Soviet Union. No change to base Industrial Capacity. They completed research ito a better Radar system and are close to completing Modern Infantry. I do not expect them to have the capacity to upgrade their Infantry forces to the new model very quickly, but it will speed up the process of their more outdated troops.

The Red Army is the most important thing as always. They had a particularly bad April and this was without one of our Air wings targetting them as it spent most of the month in the Middle East. The numbers are not thought to be completely accurate and I think some forces are redeploying. Comparing this month to last we have a loss of eighty four Infantry divisions and nine Armoured. Most of the losses were to the Imperial Japanese Air Force but some were captured during the ill fated advance towards Baoding."

"Those losses are fairly high." stated the Emperor.

"Yes they are but I estimate that the true number of Infantry losses was closer to fifty."

"A very large increase nonetheless. Minister Tanigawa?"

"Yes your Majesty." Tanigawa replied.

"Are your plans advanced enough to proceed?" asked Hirohito.

"They are."

"You have a name for the Operation?"

"Yes your Majesty. Operation Improbable."

"That is a particularly good choice I think at this juncture."

"It would appear so your Majesty." replied Tanigawa.

"Your Majesty?" asked Ginjiro.

"Yes Minister Ginjiro."

"We only name offensive operations is that correct?"

"It is."

"Our manpower is in bad shape for the moment after losses sustained in April."

"This I am aware of. Minister Kuniaki are there still Soviet spies in our midst?" Hirohito asked.

"There are yes. I am under orders to leave them alone for the time being." replied Kuniaki.

"They also know that our manpower reserves are low then. When better to launch an offensive than when the enemy least expects it?"

"As you will your Majesty." replied Ginjiro somewhat reluctantly.

"When is this offensive to begin?" asked Mamoru.

"How long do you need Minister Tanigawa?" asked the Emperor.

"Twenty four hours your Majesty." replied Tanigawa with a shrug.

"Does that answer your question Minister Mamoru?"

"Yes your Majesty, thank you."

"Please continue with your briefing Minster Kuniaki." said Hideki when it was clear that the Emperor had finished speaking.

"Thank you. Soviet air and naval numbers are mostly unchanged." continued Kuniaki.​

may1470000intuk.jpg

"The British are still receiving large trades in Rare Materials which is allowing them to use a fairly large amount of their Industrial Capacity. Their base capacity is unchanged. They did not complete any research projects but the additional operative has made their chosen technology paths more transparent.

They apparently gained thirty four Infantry divisions and lost one Armoured. The numbers indicate the loss of some bomber squadrons and of some smaller ships but these numbers are not too accurate."​

may1470000intus.jpg

"American Industry is unchanged. They completed research into a Semi-Modern Motorized division.

Overall their Armed Forces is much the same with the addition of one Carrier and some smaller ships. They did suffer some smaller ship losses during April as well, which means they appear to have stepped up production of this type of vessel."​

may1470000intjap.jpg

"As for our own research, it is possible that we might complete one project, Advanced Encryption Devices, this month but we may have to wait until June. June and July should see significant advances which will allow further projects to begin. A better Infantry division is next on the drawing board and we have a blueprint for it from our Manchurian friends. That is all." concluded Kuniaki.

"Industry please."

"Your Majesty, Gentlemen, good morning. Production continues without pause and we have no major resource problems with one notable exception." Ginjiro began.​

apr30472300prod.jpg

"Our Industrial output increased by one factory complex in April. This will have been in the Middle East where we still have some more to acquire once we stop the constant Allied bombing. Transport Capacity overload has increased due to conquests and offensive supply load.

Our resource stockpiles have all shown a slight decrease during April but are all acceptable for the time being. Supplies and Oil are also at a decent level but I would prefer them to be higher. You will notice that our manpower reserves have dropped from twenty seven thousand to nine thousand men. This drop was mostly a result of the forced retreat from Xilinhot. We cannot afford a repeat of that unless you Gentlemen wish to wait for reinforcements. The planned offensive is going to reduce our reserves to zero almost certainly and I may have to consider disbanding some forces if it becomes a major problem.

Current reinforcements are mostly for ships and aircraft and are not manpower intensive. Upgrades are almost complete for our Interceptor forces and I shall begin on our Close Air Support aircraft shortly. Done." concluded Ginjiro.​

"Armed Forces please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. April saw a renewed offensive by the Soviets which has caused us some problems." Tanigawa began. "We have lost little in the way of ground but the losses to manpower were regrettable. We continue to hold our ground in Manchuria and the Middle East but are withdrawing in order in India and north western China. The Red Army center suffered massive losses after it failed to adequately support its breakthourgh in Datong and we now have that situation under control. The Pacific remains quiet. Over to Minister Satoru for a more detailed briefing." concluded Tanigawa.

"Thank you. Good morning your majesty, Gentlemen." Satoru began.​

may1470000asia.jpg

"The highlighted provinces in northern India and western China show the slow advance of the Red Army. Their forces in India currently comprise of two Armoured divisions, one of which is close to destruction. They do have at least ten Infantry divisions marching into the border mountains but they are moving very slowly. The forces in north western China are large and will almost certainly force further withdraws by our forces once they make their advances into new terrain."​

may1470000me.jpg

"The Middle East has settled into more or less a stalemate. Our Interceptor forces have arrived enmasse in the region and will attempt to significantly damage Allied Strategic bomber forces during May. We have no plans to advance towards Suez without bomber support which was withdrawn to assist against the Soviets in India. We require a decision on Persia your Majesty." Satoru asked the Emperor.

"Annex it." replied Hirohito.

"As you wish your Majesty. This will, of course, invite the Red Army into Persia which will probably result in a general pull back by our forces in the Middle East. We would expect the Imperial Japanese Air Force to deal with any Soviet threat given enough time."​

may1470000ind.jpg

"Northern India has seen the loss of two provinces so far but our Tactical bombers should keep any gains to a reasonable level in this area and we do not think any reinforcements are needed unless the Red Army commits more troops."​

may1470000nwchi.jpg

"Our main concern remains with North China Army but has switched to its western flank. A large Soviet force has mustered along this front and is thought to contain anything from fifty to seventy divisions and possibly even more. Any enemy advances will be slow as the area is mostly mountainous but there is the possibility of losing Lanzhou and its airbase. This would not be good but we may have no choice given the force comparisons."​

may1470000meng.jpg

"The entire right flank of North China Army has stabalised after being reinforced by troops from the Kwantung Army. The weakening of Xilinhot did cause that province to be lost with large casualties on our part. This area is considered secure for the time being."​

may1470000manch.jpg

"With Operation Tedious concluded we are now in the usual stalemate in Manchuria while we wait for the enemy to retake its coastline. Enemy troops are being observed moving towards this area but we do not expect to have too many problems holding our defences. This entire region had been fairly calm for months with our aircraft causing heavy losses to the Soviets. Nothing further." concluded Satoru.

"What about Operation Improbable?" asked Ginjro.

"Classified until it begins at which time it will be common knowledge. We are not trying to hide anything this time and it will be fairly obvious." replied Tanigawa.

"Minister Osami, you have a Naval briefing?" asked Hideki.

"Yes Prime Minister. Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen." Osami began. "A fairly quiet month for naval activity but I will cover losses."​

may1470000sunk.jpg

"Eleven in all with one Japanese Submarine Flotilla lost. 17 Sensuikantai was sunk in Gwatar Bay at the mouth of the Persian Gulf. The remaining losses are all small ships with a large number of Transport Flotillas amongst them. The enemy Merchant Marine losses are very much the main reason why we have seen very few attempts to land anywhere by the Allies. They have troops to use but nothing to put them on. Nothing more from me today." concluded Osami.

"Let us hope fortune smiles upon us once more as the weather is now very much in favour of combat. The almost total inability of the Allies to cause us harm is giving us the necessary time to deal with the Soviet menace and I hope it remains that way." said Hirohito as he stood and left.​

yay, I'm happy you recalled the misison name. I almost forgot it myself :rofl:

I wonder where Improbable will hit, but the name will suit the operation, mostly concidering your current situation.

Great couple of updates btw Remble

/Krogzar