• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know the Khur family seems to have a long and ongoing hatred towards the French but you mustn't let that make you blind to the facts. If the United States is going to secure peace in Europe it is only logical that we stand with France.

I throw my hands up. If it is the will of my fellow Americans to sever our ties with the Earth and reverse a century of progress, then so be it.

It seems we have been possessed by the infantile notion that we can accrue world power and then do nothing to maintain it without fear of consequence.

- Anton Maxim

Our progress was reversed the moment the good relations President Jamous worked so hard to achieve with Germany were thrown out the window by the pig-headedness of the isolationists.

And there is no reason ti side with the French. Even the British see no reason to side with them. What did the French do when the Rebels moved onto Cuba and we demanded their release? They ignored us and risked war instead. We have no reason to assist France in any way, as they would never do the same with us.

- Vice-President Roderick Khur

I concur with the previous statements on this 'Polish Question,' and agree with Vice-President Khur about French inclusion in this Commonwealth, though I won't join the German Army; of course, I want to end the Commonwealth, so I may be somewhat biased.

If you wish to antagonize the Triple Alliance, then by all means, be concerned about them destroying our 'allies,' if that's what you call them. However, while a war in Europe would be a major concern to me, it is not our place to send our men overseas to protect the interests of the French President, Queen Victoria, or any other head of state. Let the Europeans fight one another, and let America benefit from such a foolish and self-destructive endeavour.

The only foolish and self-destructive notion around here is that leaving the United Kingdom and France to stand alone and inevitably fall into the German orbit is somehow the best method of ensuring the security of the United States. I cannot comprehend this reluctance to forge a preventative alliance of like-minded nations and this eagerness to isolated the United States and so leave her vulnerable in foreign affairs. It is the mindset of a third-rate power, not a first-class nation. It is an adherence to apathy.

- Anton Maxim

You have your facts greatly confused. The United Kingdom will never stand with France, never. The recent wars between the two have shown this. If any nation deserves our aid and friendship, it is Germany. An Anglo-Germanic Alliance would be more suitable to World and European stability than an Anglo-Frank one.

Once again, how would we be vulnerable? France and Britain are the only ones with any ability to attack us, and neither have any reason to. Furthermore, even if they do fall to the Germans, why should we care? The only reason we should care is if we let people like you have their way and pointlessly aggravate the Germans to the point of going all the way across the Atlantic to attack us.

We only have enemies because we make them.

We have made our enemies, Mister Carr. The question is whether we will succumb to them, or whether we will resist.

- Anton Maxim

Once again, how would we be vulnerable? France and Britain are the only ones with any ability to attack us, and neither have any reason to. Furthermore, even if they do fall to the Germans, why should we care? The only reason we should care is if we let people like you have their way and pointlessly aggravate the Germans to the point of going all the way across the Atlantic to attack us.

We only have enemies because we make them.

Indeed.

And Vice President Khur is again correct about the antipathy between Britain and France. But conversely, an Anglo-German Alliance would be another threat to European peace; Germany and Britain would invade France, and Russia would drift away from this league, due to their own hatred of the Britain.

The only enemies we have are the Governments of Peru, Chile, and the UPCA. Those are our enemies, and no amount of scare tactics by yourself will convince anyone that Russia or Germany are our enemies.

And Mr Jarvis, by Anglo-Germanic, I also included the US in such an alliance, as all our cultures are of the same source. As I have said many times before, it would be best for Germany to be included within the Commonwealth.

So long as men want to build Empires then we may be considered within the sights of a nation regardless of our actions. Isolation will leave us vulnerable. Deterrence through alliance will leave us both strong and in peace. Keep in mind that we are speaking in hypotheticals here, there is no immediate reason for war in Europe, there are tensions sure but they rise and fall without incident the majority of they time. Not that we should be unprepared should the minority arise. The most likely cause of war is the Polish Bill in our Congress, which is why it should be, and I have no doubt will be, rejected.

What is definitely a relevant issue in this election is the economy. ((nobody seems to have noticed how the Democrats plan to destroy it?))

How can this Polish bill be even a question? I advocate the freeing of the oppressed, The spread of Democracy and the American Way of Life, but this bill asks for open war with an alliance which can command more mobilized troops than ever in history. Mass death, destruction, and poverty, can only emerge from openly antagonizing Germany.

No, we must hand them the olive branch of peace, as we consolidate our sphere of protection and industry. I see our expansion towards the Pacific, not the Atlantic, and our mission towards De-Colonization, not the breakup of sovereign nations.

We must bring Liberalism into a new age! Here are my policies for president
State Capitalism: As we come close to a national deficit it has become obvious that we must nationalize our monopolies and massive industries, this can only improve our economy and strengthen our great nation.

Pro War((Kind of)): I am not a hawk, I do not wish to send any of our generations youth off to die, but if America truly is the defender of liberty we say she is we must stand up for the rights of all those who cry for freedom and democracy, and we need a strong military to do it.

Full Citizenship:We are a nation of immigrants! We must welcome the huddled masses of the world to our shores, variety can only improve our nation

Secularization: Religon has no place in government
And what's all this about creating an independent Polish state, are they even rebelling?

I second (LeeroyJenkins) question. We will not ferment rebellions and create chaos when there was nothing to begin with. Perhaps the Polish people deserve their own state, but perhaps they are not treated so bad in the countries they are currently divided in. I say, we assist Republican troops wherever they may be in the world, militarily when realistic, and economical when not.

We will not start a global war by putting words in a people's mouth.

The Poles are not treated so bad? In the eyes of the Russian authorities, the Pole does not exist.

He is governed by Russians, appointed from St. Petersburg with no consultation of the Polish people. He has no rights and no liberties. He cannot vote, he cannot speak his own tongue, he cannot choose his own representatives - he cannot even speak his own mind. His children are sent to schools which refuse to teach them their own language. His sons are conscripted into the army to fight wars on behalf of his oppressors. And if at any point he resists, he is beaten within an inch of his life by Cossacks, his house is torched to the ground and his family is exiled to Siberia.

To put it frankly, the Poles are living under conditions twice as intolerable as the conditions we were living under when we declared independence.

I have stated - time and time again - that I do not desire war, and will not countenance conflict to uphold a promise to the Polish nation. But it is the height of cowardice to abandon a fellow nation-state to the oppression of a colonial master on the basis of convenience.

- Anton Maxim

The first people who will be harmed come our request, are the Polish people, for desiring independence. I suggest we economically assist Polish Republicans, and suggest the the tripartite the idea of Polish Nationalism to relieve tensions, but nothing more.

He is governed by Russians, appointed from St. Petersburg with no consultation of the Polish people. He has no rights and no liberties. He cannot vote, he cannot speak his own tongue, he cannot choose his own representatives - he cannot even speak his own mind. His children are sent to schools which refuse to teach them their own language. His sons are conscripted into the army to fight wars on behalf of his oppressors. And if at any point he resists, he is beaten within an inch of his life by Cossacks, his house is torched to the ground and his family is exiled to Siberia.

You make it sound like Poles are especially oppressed in this regard. The only difference that you've pointed out between them and the typical Russian is that Poles are not allowed to speak Polish, nor are their children allowed to be taught Polish, although I fail to see how even that is so much of a problem. After all, our schools did not teach Mexicans in the West to speak Spanish when we conquered it from Mexico, nor did any of our schools teach the Indians to speak their own languages. If you are to criticize the Russians for this, you may as well criticize your own country for it.

If we are to lend our support to Poles for the reasons you've listed, we may as well lend our support to the entirety of the Russian populace.

Last edited:
Firstly, you have no evidence to support your claims.
Secondly, no one here has ever made a promise to the Poles, and thus there is no reason to wrongly support them.
Thirdly, they are not a "fellow nation-state" and thus were are not abandoning them.
Lastly, the long forgotten polish lands are not Russian or German colonies, they are integral components of their nations.

The first people who will be harmed come our request, are the Polish people, for desiring independence. I suggest we economically assist Polish Republicans, and suggest the the tripartite the idea of Polish Nationalism to relieve tensions, but nothing more.

Due to this statement, I revoke my support for you in the Federalist Primary, and hereby announce my attention to run for the Federalist Primary.

The Politics of Politics. Do what you feel is right Mr. Khur, I can only re-assert my commitment to a grand coalition of the parties, of the government, of the people, of workers, and of industry, to spread the Eagles Wings of prosperity and economic expansion, and to help Republican movements wherever they occur.

I cannot weave speaches to make everyone happy all the time, I can only give everyone the bare bone facts. If there is a popular movement of Polish people, why should not our Grand Republic have a say in the negotiations among all the members? I support Germany, and I wish to drop hostilities, but if there is a grand rebellion of the Polish people, my support of Germany does not extend towards silencing of minority groups.

Like I said, do what you want, but we will all pay the price when a divided government is left holding the tattered remnants of the success which was Harrisons job in Uniting the Nation.