• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Wow, sudden surge in voters. I hope they stay around for the presidential election.))

((I'm still here, though I'm Alfred Howard now. And I think you may have just caused a large upset...))

(Teddy Roosevelt is my favorite president hands down, simply becuase he was one of the most un-presidential ones. But, I kind of want to see Monopolies become powerful in the US. Lets bring in the Hank Reardons and the Dagny Taggarts).

((The New democrats are.... So...cia..list *falls to the ground and crys*

But how did that happen?

And what are you on about? Monopolies? The board game?

And who's this Harrison fellow?))
((Yeah, that was one of those oddities in politics. The Democrats now are basically the Libertarians of old. :laugh: The Conservatives are all the more libertarian fellows from the Republican party with some old SNP vibes for flavor. The Federals are an enigma, but mostly a centrist semi-populist party. Aside from several strong political bases, the electoral map has just been a whirlwind of colors as party loyalties flip and slide around* - so basically like real life politics I guess.

*Which gives me an idea. At the end of the AAR (or at some times in the middle, to add interest) there should perhaps be a video of all the election maps one after another (maybe with other graphs on the side, or pictures of the presidents and major historical events), so we could see the shifting party votes [with colors readjusted to make things flow logically]))

((What part of the country is Carr from, Seek75?))

((I thought he ended the primaries a few days back. Did he retcon that?))

I did, and I haven't. The only active primary for two days has been the one for the ACP.

My reactions to the last few votes:

ACP: ermm... I don't think I ever set a rule against voting in the primary of a party you're not officially in. I set a rule against voting in two primaries. The former you created and enforced all by yourself.

Federal: It... It was closed. :eek: I had won. Now you reject me? Is this what God feels like?

I'll come to a decision on both by the end of the day.

I did, and I haven't. The only active primary for two days has been the one for the ACP.

ACP: ermm... I don't think I ever set a rule against voting in the primary of a party you're not officially in. I set a rule against voting in two primaries. The former you created and enforced all by yourself.

Federal: It... It was closed. :eek: I had won. Now you reject me? Is this what God feels like?

OOC: You can have Khur winning the Federalist nomination through suspicious means, which lead to Harrison walking out of the Convention in protest and teaming up with Hayden.

((I sort of interpreted primaries as closed primaries, just based off how voting has gone the entire AAR, but if they aren't...))

As a small businessman, I understand that all pro-business policies are not always good for the people, nor even for all businesses. The trusts need to be busted, and I can think of no better person than James Harrison for the job.

((You could have the Federals split in half over the issue, one half joining with the Democrats, the other with the ACP.))

((You could have the Federals split in half over the issue, one half joining with the Democrats, the other with the ACP.))

I am formulating a plan. A most diabolical plan that is extremely... diabolical.

((The return of zombie President Cameron?))

((Sort of like the Great Whig Split right before the Civil War? We could be New States Federal Democratic Republicans vs. Conservative Federal National Republicans))

((Civil war? :eek:))

Nothing that drastic.

My main concern is that, if I win the Federal primary and don't go coalition with Hayden, the guys who voted for Khur will jump ship to the ACP and ensure their victory. However, if I do go with a Federal-Democratic coalition, the thread will unravel in an Occupy Coalition Street protest.

If however, Khur wins and doesn't coalition with the ACP and I go to be Hayden's VP, then the pro-trust vote will be split and me dragging the Harrison votes with me will ensure Democratic victory, and the ACP will organize an Occupy Roflstomp Street protest. On the other hand, I can't approve an ACP-Federal coalition since A) It would seem like base hypocrisy from the ACP since they've opposed coalitions so vocally this primary season, and B) it would make no sense since literally their only agreement is on pro-trust.

The worst part is, either way, if the Federals don't go coalition they'll likely end up in third place for the third time in a row. It's damn hard to justify survival after that. :(

The most obvious option is the proposed option: The Federals can't decide who to nominate. Party splits. But then they're probably dead, and I really don't want to kill them before the century's even over. If Mr. Khur and his supporters can assure that they will reconcile with Mr. Harrison and his supporters in a reinvigorated Federal Party next election, I will do as Mikeboy proposes, if not, I'm in for a long night.

The ACP is a little less troubling, but still. The independent vote went to the candidate that (out of the two who the votes were for), I think the party would choose in-story, but on the other hand, nobody knew he could vote. The rules, interpreted as rigidly as possible, say Garrett won though. I really should have stepped in before it became a problem. Now you know that independents can vote in any party's primary. If however, you are officially a member of one party, please vote in your own primary if you vote.

Goshdarn this is hard. :mellow:

The Federal primaries were over. I think it will be the least painful if you just enforce that rule. People won't be mad at that, they'll be mad at your coalition with the Dems, but that anger won't be cumulative.

That is to say, you aren't fudging anything or doing anything but enforcing the rules and preventing cheating by not counting those votes for Khur. The Federal primary was over.

So you are the Federal candidate and you can just coalition with the Dems like you wanted; and the only anger you have to worry about that can be construed in anyway as legitimate is the existing anti-coalition anger; which is less than the general fallout of the entire political system collapsing into something dramatic.

That's my opinion anyway.

And I think it's a very good one (especially since it'd be in a draw if I counted the votes made after I called it. No need to stretch this primary further).

The Federal primary ended 2/1 in favor of James Harrison.

The Federal party will form a temporary one election coalition with the Democratic Party.

The Federal-Democratic Presidential Candidate will be Joe Hayden. The Federal Democratic Vice-presidential Candidate will be James Harrison.

The ACP Presidential Candidate will be Richard Orleans.

Get me platforms.

If you feel wronged by the preceding decisions, I offer my most sincere condolences, and hope you decide to stay with us regardless of any disappointment this electoral cycle.

Last edited: