• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
B02897E15D858C247DE0EED969C65788E7F671C0

Admittedly the Nestorian/Cathar schism is my fault (mended the great schism as Nestorian, then converted to Cathar), but the Hindu Steppes are all the AI. Slavic is reformed.

Sunni caliph got dethroned, and recovered by converting to Messalianism. Also you can see that apparently Sinai is some kind of luxury resort in this world, as current caliph holds his capital there too. I took Baghdad from them, but come on, there still Mecca, or Basra.

jGBe3YO.jpg

Some stuff of legends: all his family, including 7-years old daughter and infant sons died fighting.

GwuufEL.jpg

Shit AI does. So you're viking from Russia who decided to conquer some sea-side property in Tunis? Better visit all the sights of Middle East while getting there overland. EDIT: I checked wiki, and turns out Tahart is neither beach-side, nor in Tunis, shame on me.

klW7InG.jpg

Last edited:
Emperor is genius.

Marries female genius.

Turns out to be cousin.

Did not realise.

Fathers these two....

tQiIi7v.png

J7TsP87.png

CFC56C0A7B697339CBFA88AF391E3748737B5867

I think he's on a path of spiritual rediscovery, finding out why he first joined the church.

RSu74GN.jpg

Sire, I don't think Aveis is going to be much help....
lGMhNFi.jpg

Sweaty? More like pale, sire. Can we please just bury her?
YDhnBs4.jpg

My husband caught me in bed with...himself? (Okay, it's because my character has 2 lovers, her husband and a courtier, and the even just picked one of them randomly)
BYKdNVn.jpg

He has no family, but he is of house Jute, nontheless! (adoption?)
eWVP3NN.jpg

And thus, all the great Norse families forever forswore the dead god...except Birger, who had somehow ended up a cardinal...we have no idea how, house Yngling are doing fine as kings of Norway
XnLIV2G.jpg

Ah, it's a glorious time to be a Christian. Even the foul mongols have converted to our faith. Yes, no need to care about the Mohammedans in...wait, Russia? But there's no Muslims anywhere near Russia....
q69j9CD.jpg

Gee, I wonder why, sire.
rRDjcPs.jpg

For Moray!
rNwDAKw.jpg

Karlings making the HRE within 20 years? Rare, but hardly noteworthy. This time, they managed to not only form it within 20, but also lose it.
sRFQQbm.jpg

And so, Ammi very much regretted his holiday in Scandinavia.
hIhMpEv.jpg

And when you've paid back the money, you must tell us...how the hell did you manage to steal 5 years' income worth of gold without anyone noticing?
gcFqAH7.jpg

You may hold me prisoner, infidel, but I really do appreciate the way you withheld our bread and water until after sundown during Ramadan.

Hello, I just finished my first ever vanilla game of CKII. I was from the start a guy from Iceland and mostly stayed there, having gained and lost provinces and baronies occasionally on the continent. I purposefully made a game where I could be more of an observer for my first try - while I did a lot of things, some of it interesting, most of it not, I don't think I effected much beyond scandinavia and the British Isles.

And the world we ended up in sure looks interesting. I am sure that nothing here is weird to anyone who has played a hundred games, but please allow a newbie to post one shot of hhis first game :p

2014-08-11_00002.jpg

Herein, the british isles are now divided to three kingdoms, but Ireland not until long a go controlled scotland too - and me, since I got independent from Norway at some point and swore to Ireland. On the continent then... France was divided almost from the start. The muslims were beaten away from Iberia but managed to return. Eventually, HRE and Byzantium got a mixed up royal house - and this was what happened.
Also, the AI Cumania stuck together, eventually reformed Tengri faith, and now are a massive powerhouse. And have been for quite a while.
A question; while I enjoyed IMMENSELY seeing a tengri faith nation which probably will remain until "our" times, how often does the AI manage to do this? Can it ever manage to reform any other pagan religion? Hopefully the answers are rarely and yes; extremely rarely.

Also, interestingly, the islamic world is split in two.. between the Shia caliphate and the western states which are Ibadi. No province in the entire game is Sunni.

Sweden there got inherited by Poland long ago and treid to liberate itself 5 times, but failed, and in the endgame got independent when HRE swallowed Poland - only to be absorbed into (catholic) Lithuania. While all swedish provinces are swedish in culture, practically every single noble is polish in name and culture.

At the mixing stage of it all, it created absolutely hilarious names such as Erik Przyborsson Malachowski.

I've seen HRE and Byzantine AIs get close to inheriting each other but I've never seen it happen.

Ludolf di Monferrato, age 12, is "Basileius of the Byzanthine Empire", "Basileius of the Holy Roman Empire"

and heir to the County of Plock. He gets upset if you forget that.

A child like that would probably become a very grounded individual.