• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
nnZMM2lGJI.jpg

First Byzantium lost Anatolia and Greece to the Arabs, who where overthrown by the Persians who then lost Greece in a crusade. Greece is now controlled by the Franks, while Anatolia is divided between Greek Muslims, the Abbasids, some independent emirates and a few Byzantine holdouts.
It shows.

Zl0ZQzKUzf.jpg

His dynasty was given Socotra when the iranized Seljuks were Caliphs. At some point they became independent and the current Caliph just doesn't care. :D

i0xrkDgl0u.jpg

What a mess.
iieFGZqB49.jpg

Ragnarr's legacy lives on and a Castilian descendant of the Welsh kings wants to bring an end to the Celtic dominance in Britain - by uniting everything unter the Asturian crown.:wacko:
At some point, the Phokas dynasty in Byzantium was deposed by one of my kinsmen - that always seems to happen if I marry family members to nobles outside of my realm. The Abbasids lost control over the Caliphate for the xth time, but there many small emirates ruled by Abbasids in Anatolia. Maybe they're replacing the Anatolian Beyliks of our history.

I never thought the AI could form Miaphysite Abbyssina on their own. Really impressed. They've actually become strong enough that they're now an attractive kingdom to marry into. Its nice to see Afghanistan too.

54090F22D61CD683949BE3D57A53D86482F14807

Yeah, so I think the religious map explains the why. Sunni Religious Authority is a dismal 7%. The dominant religion is now Yazidi, embraced by Afghanistan and the Seljuk. The Hammadid are a heretical Zikri religion, though I can't find any Zikri provinces. The only Sunni state is now in Morocco.

04033BF28AA055C1EF266ECA583941191331E856

I'm more interested in the Knights Templar replacing Byzantium. I don't even know how this is possible since Knights Templar can only castles in Catholic provinces, whereas the Greeks are Orthodox. And they're only given castles, not whole counties and duchies.

Edit: Ah. Byzantium must have lost it in a Jihad, and then the Knights regained it in a Crusade.

I'm more interested in the Knights Templar replacing Byzantium. I don't even know how this is possible since Knights Templar can only castles in Catholic provinces, whereas the Greeks are Orthodox. And they're only given castles, not whole counties and duchies.

Edit: Ah. Byzantium must have lost it in a Jihad, and then the Knights regained it in a Crusade.
Yep, crusade. Greece is now a Frankish/Greek/Persian/Arab amalgam while Byzantium tries to assimilize the last Slavs not under my rule.

Holy orders often win crusades these days - so I found the Celtic-Castilian Wars more interesting. :)

Also, that happened:
KOkFX6shus.jpg

yf5Zg0RCdN.jpg

I don't want to know how many of their event troops they wasted on this war. :D

eh8TzplG1h.jpg

As if we hadn't a hard enough time subjugating the Russian tribes.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/31/1407092569-ck2-1.png
Earlier someone was happy with the Karens having found a home in India.... I think the Karens have gone too far in this game :D But well when you can't beat them in the old way become like them
I'm playing the Spartenos and I went East to see how things were going and he was there. I looked and I did not understand how it could have happened, a faction I presume

Happy Abyssinia

OOZ3vnq.jpg

Not as unrealistic as it might look, hehe. All it needs is weak Muslim competition from the north plus a compelling reason to go to war against them. And once you start the job, you often need to finish it, which leads to entire kingdoms changing hands. Strong BYZ and a Mongol invasion would have done that. (In fact, BYZ and Abyssinia did cooperate for a while before the rise of Islam.)

Still, is that a Christian Abyssinia as opposed to a Muslim ruler with invasion CBs/jihad wins against other Muslim sects?

VnKnuvw7A6.jpg

*spit-take*
The Shi'a were effectively dead for 200 years. Their Caliph was a one-province vassal of the Sultan of Mauretania. And now they're back. :eek:

lDzWfF7sDG.jpg

These silly Teutonic Knights and their "Ostkolonisation". :D

Last edited:
Long life to King Harald the Kind, who ruled for 116 years and died 72!

View attachment 112731

I didn't think this was possible. Well, this is just crazy. I think we have the weirdest glitch here. And I can't even see why this could happen.

Gg, screenshots thread, gg.