• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like watching films related to what i'm writing about to help get the creative juices flowing XD

canonized said:
I like watching films related to what i'm writing about to help get the creative juices flowing XD

Actually, reading Jeffg006's AAR has done that fine. It is just some small sticking points that I am struggling with. I'll iron em out.

I know exactly what you mean. I've had an update on my computer for the last fortnight which I just haven't been able to work right.

stnylan said:
I know exactly what you mean. I've had an update on my computer for the last fortnight which I just haven't been able to work right.

When you figure the secret, let me know.:D

Well Done

Grayghost,

I have only now read this AAR, in the past I skipped over it as it had no screenshots and did not have gameplay descriptions. Perhaps because I am currently playing a Japan game (and grateful for the Manchukuo armies I control) I began reading your AAR, and did not stop until the end. Wonderful writing, just wonderful. I do not generally go for non-gameplay AARs, but this is fantastic stuff. You are a talented writer. I look forward to continuing reading this. Thank you for sharing your work.

gunboat said:
Grayghost,

I have only now read this AAR, in the past I skipped over it as it had no screenshots and did not have gameplay descriptions. Perhaps because I am currently playing a Japan game (and grateful for the Manchukuo armies I control) I began reading your AAR, and did not stop until the end. Wonderful writing, just wonderful. I do not generally go for non-gameplay AARs, but this is fantastic stuff. You are a talented writer. I look forward to continuing reading this. Thank you for sharing your work.

gunboat: I want to thank you for your kind words. I am all too well aware that narrative AAR's play second fiddle to the gameplay, historical, and comedy AAR's that have lots of things to look at. I myself enjoy reading those type of AAR's because it does not require a huge commitment of time and energy to enjoy them. I am greatly honored that you took the time to read all the way through this and enjoyed the endeavour. Although I am in a bit of a slump right now, when I do finally get out of it, I hope I do not disappoint you. Oh, and if you like it that much, go vote in the ACA awards.:D

Whoo! (or perhaps Wu! :p), I finally got around to reading your latest update, having been fairly busy lately. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't realize that Li and Wu were in any sort of relationship, so it surprised me. Though its also always nice to learn more about Li's past. Whipping at age 12? Ouch :p

Myth said:
Whoo! (or perhaps Wu! :p), I finally got around to reading your latest update, having been fairly busy lately. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't realize that Li and Wu were in any sort of relationship, so it surprised me. Though its also always nice to learn more about Li's past. Whipping at age 12? Ouch :p

You didn't miss anything...well, it was all very subtle and only hinted at and not really acknowledged by either party openly. I am sure it surprised Li as well to find out he was in a relationship. Li had always been interested but wouldn't allow himself to get involved, and Wu had a crises of conscience to deal with. Yes, another layer of the onion that is Li's life is peeled away.

Ok guys...last day to vote.

If you haven't voted...GO VOTE!!

Even if it means you are forced to vote for this fine AAR...against your will:D...GO VOTE!!!

All you lurkers...GO VOTE!!!

Final day for AAr Choice awards for the 1st quarter 2008...GO VOTE!!!

If this is the only AAR you have been reading...and you don't vote...well, I guess I have work to do.;)

So, for the last time...GO VOTE!!!

where do you vote? (link perhaps?)

Okay, it has been a couple of weeks since an update, and I figured I better come on here and let everyone know that it's not dead.

Not that I see anyone complaining or clamoring for an update.:D

Just takin a little break from this and working on a little liter fare with the Paradoxian Idol AAR going on, in which I am a judge.

So, if you think you can rewrite lyrics to songs and make them pertinent to HOI2, EU3, CK, or Vicky, click on the link below and give it your best shot.

None of the judges are as mean as Edmund, so you don't have to worry about us insulting your wardrobe or singing voice.:D

This will be back. Just need to recharge the "dark, serious, thriller" batteries for awhile. Thanks for your understanding.

- Starts slamming his fork and knife on the plate - We want upda-- oh ... fine . You and your singing ! XD Recharge recharge !

Wow, who the hell would have thought Grayghost's productivity on this would fall off after the NCAA football season ended? It must be watching Cal play that gets him in the "dark, serious, thriller" mood. :p

canonized: Fa, la, la, la. You'll survive a bit longer. So don't bend your fork. You may need it to eat with. Unless of course you are Uri Gellar.;)

Brian Roastbeef: That's it. I don't have Cal driving me into a deep dark depression with their weekly losing, so there is nothing left to motivate me. :(

Who's Uri ? o_O

canonized said:
Who's Uri ? o_O

Uri Geller was a psychic who was purported to have the ability to bend spoons with his mind. I think it was proven a hoax, I don't remember. It is also a song by Toad the Wet Sprocket called "Uri Gellers Spoons".

And there is your useless bit of information for the day.

Oh hey, I wanted you to know!
For my Rapid Visualization Final, I have to create an illustrated "Storyboard" based on a piece of short fiction. I've decided to use an excerpt from this AAR!
In particular its the warehouse debacle from Chapter 5. Just in case you are wondering.

At the moment however, I haven't yet gotten a grasp on what many of your characters really look like. It would be awesome if you could provide some input as to their general appearance! It would really help me along in the final :D

Quanto said:
Oh hey, I wanted you to know!
For my Rapid Visualization Final, I have to create an illustrated "Storyboard" based on a piece of short fiction. I've decided to use an excerpt from this AAR!
In particular its the warehouse debacle from Chapter 5. Just in case you are wondering.

At the moment however, I haven't yet gotten a grasp on what many of your characters really look like. It would be awesome if you could provide some input as to their general appearance! It would really help me along in the final :D

I'll PM you.

Wow that's so cool ! You're so lucky grayghost XD .