• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeez, can't believe i didn't see this AAR before. The godfather of HOI2 writing an AAR about a great mod, which I'm playing a lot at the moment.

It's great, I love the id to make Tojo speek 1337. keep this up, blue emu..

One thing though, I personally would like to see some titles above your updates. I often read through a lot of updates at once, and it is very handy to recognize an update from another post, but it's your aar......

blue emu said:
In September, October and November, almost entirely UK convoys... at least 90%... with a few Dutch and French convoys on the side.

Now that the Dutch and French have been evicted from Europe (although I haven't yet updated the Chat-Log to the part where I over-run Holland), only UK convoys are running through the Atlantic.

Why are the UK sending convoys over the atlantic? Shouldnt they go along the coast of africa, spain and france?

Tayran said:
Why are the UK sending convoys over the atlantic? Shouldnt they go along the coast of africa, spain and france?

There is higher number of (smaller) coastal provinces, so AI tends to use bigger "central" provinces. If you give order to your fleet to move around Horn you will see that automatic route is across central Atlantic. (Or even from Bremen to Spain it goes around UK, not across channel).

Originally posted by Tarihci:
Great AAR! Keep going, the League of Nations guy is funny!

Frenchmen tend to be funny. Involuntarily, of course. :D

Well, seems like he discovered Dwarf Fortress lately, and out of experience I can tell you that that's one hell of a sticky game. :D

"Dwarf Fortress" is indeed responsible for the delay... I'll return to the AAR shortly, I promise... as soon as my first crop is safely harvested.

As is of no surprise to any who are aware of his services to the Paradox community, this AAR by blue emu has generated a magnificent response. The majority of comments, I am happy to say, have been on-topic. Nevertheless, there are a few that have veered into spam. Given the size of the feedback, and wanting to make sure that this AAR does not get totally swamped, I am going to strictly enforce a couple of AARland rules.

1) Posts that ask for an update will be considered spam and will be deleted, as per the AAR forum stickies. Likewise posts that contain nothing but smilies will be considered spam and will be deleted.

2) Posts that are off-topic, that is which do not directly relate to the AAR, or any elements of gameplay or the mod that blue emu is using, will also be considered spam and will be deleted. If you wish to say something to another member that does not directly relate to this AAR, use the PM system. That is what it is there for.

Finally, please do not reply to this post. Such posts will also be considered spam and be deleted. If you have any queries, please PM me.

blue emu: ...This "second wave" of U-Boats has totally dominated the Atlantic convoy routes in December, wreaking havoc on an unprecedented scale.

splendid results ! ! :D

awesome update ! !
:cool:

Yeah, the damage inflicted on the enemy merchant marine was impressive. But I am unsure of just how the effect will be on their overall performance in the war.

Hoping to see more of Stalin soon! :D

Btw, why have the U-boats in huge fleets?
would they be lone, then the enemy would find only one boat at time, not spot the entire fleet in one sea zone? :confused:

Enewald said:
Btw, why have the U-boats in huge fleets?
would they be lone, then the enemy would find only one boat at time, not spot the entire fleet in one sea zone? :confused:

But then they'd eat up Naval Leaders like crazy, and even Germany only has a limited number of those, and they are also needed for other fleets.

trekaddict said:
But then they'd eat up Naval Leaders like crazy, and even Germany only has a limited number of those, and they are also needed for other fleets.

ahha.
But having not so huge fleets would be more efficient...
and it would train more commanders.

Enewald said:
ahha.
But having not so huge fleets would be more efficient...
and it would train more commanders.

I rarely use Subs, but FAIK if you stack them in huge fleets they get several combat boni.

Originally posted by trekaddict:
I rarely use Subs, but FAIK if you stack them in huge fleets they get several combat boni.

Didn't blue emu say something about a "wolf-pack bonus" you get when you make even bigger u-boat fleets than he's done here?

Yes, but I think he said he wasn't sure exactly how it worked or maybe it was at what size pack it kicked in :confused:

btw. seeing the old pencil-pusher and pacifist Benes as general with offensive doctrine was really something to remember :rofl: i just can't wait how far he will be able to get :D

Will we get to see any Vichy French player like Petain or something?

My readers will be pleased to hear that I've started playing The Game again... I'm now up to mid-February 1940. Not much has happened during the winter, so I'll play ahead a little further before trying to put together an update.

Sounds good! If you are worried about having nothing interesting to say, fear not. You can give us an update on your force composition, research, industry, etc. so that the story makes sense from a gameplay standpoint.