• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps not quite what Dragas invisioned, but it works well for the Knights. :)

daemonofdecay: ..."I don't understand why I must join your order. I already promised my service to you."

<Zacosta thinking> "you will soon, my son. you will soon understand." </Zacosta thinking> :rofl: totally awesome ! ! :D

daemonofdecay:
...Zacosta's mailed fist backhanded James with a sickening crack...

i suspect that got James' attention ! ! :D

daemonofdecay:
..."No man here is allowed to retain claims on any estates, lands, or titles. Everything we own becomes part of the order. Even those obtained in battle."...Dragas threw up.

methinks that Dragas now understands ! ! ;)

magnificent update ! !
:cool:

Great work on Cyprus, I am glad to see the grandmaster got the last word, and you annexing Cyprus made sure your empire grew even more, now you have some extra men to send against the heathens. Looking forward to see what is your next move :)

For sure that's not an order of idiots... BTW will you recreate the cruzader nations?

The Final Crusade
A Knights AAR

This is my first AAR. I thought I'd give it a shot.
Made with Vanilla Eu3 1.1.
If I mention ducats, I have multiplied the real amount by 100 for the sake of realism.

knightsaarcopyhj9.jpg

Chapter 5: For glory, God, and gold.

Cyprus, Winter 1466

Signore Garzoni stared at the meagre pile of gold ducats and pieces of loose jewelry atop the table, raising a single eyebrow. Slowly crossing his arms, the Venetian moneylender frowned in dissapointment. "Ah, Signore Zacosta, I do not understand. Perhaps I am mistaken? When my family loaned the Knights 200,000 ducts I was under the impression the knights would repay that amount after the agreed five year period." Garzoni shook his head with an exaggerated sigh. "What is this world when even the warriors of God do not pay back thier debts?"

Grandmaster Zacosta's face betrayed little of the loathing Zacosta felt for Garzoni at that moment. Mentally, Zarcosta pictured himself leaning across the table and beating the arrogance out of the venetian. Instead Zacosta forced himself to remain seated. "We do have a portion of the funds," Zacosta spoke through clenched teeth, "Cyprus was not as wealthy a kingdom as we had hoped."

Taking a sip from his wine, Garzoni waved a hand dismissivly. "That is not my problem, yes? You have made promises to the lending house and it would not do you or your order any good to be thought of as untrustworthy."

With that final insult, Zacosta lost his self-control. Leaping to his feet, he pointed an accusatory finger in the Italian's face. "Look, you dirty whore's son! We are on a sacred mission from God, and I don't care what you think will happen! I am above your earthly problems! So either take this payment, or get out!"

Garzoni calmly met Zacosta's gaze, finishing his wine before standing. "I am sorry to hear that Signore. I will return to the lending house, but they will not be happy when I tell them what you have said. I doubt you will be trusted with any kind of investment for a long while, Signore." Tossing his cape over his shoulder, Garzoni calmly left the room, shutting the doors behind him.

k015ay3.png

With a furious bellow Zacosta sweept his arm across the table, the gold and jewels cascading out across the floor with a crash. "How dare he speak to me in such a tone! I am God's chosen! Me!" Zacosta hurled his chalice against the wall, letting loose another wordless howl of anger.

The two guards stationed at Zacosta's door looked at each other in worry, the sound of breaking wood punctuated by screams of frustration. One moved a hand towards the door handle, but the senior guard grabbed his wrist, shaking his head. "Let him get it out, boy. Give him a while and he'll calm down. Don't worry." Releasing his wrist, he turned back to face the hallway. The younger guard considered his words for a moment, before grudgingly following his officer's example. Zacosta raged alone and undisturbed long into the night.

Lord E: Even loosing 30% of my income for the place being overseas, and another 30% for a different religion, Cyprus is still making more money that Rhodes.

Prince Ares: Famous last words, man.

Toltec: Thank you! I look forward to writing them.

Leumatiello: You mean like the Kingdom of Jerusalem, etc.? Hmmmm. . .

Excellent story so far. How much did your inflation jump when you went backrupt? This might delay your plans for a few years? :D

Joe

Oh, just a momentary setback is all. God would never punish his chosen like this...would he?

Enjoyable read so far DoD. I was thinking of doing my own Knights AAR when I saw yours. Oh well, I will just put my creative desires into creating events and systems to better represent the knights!

I have recently finished a system to replicate the fact that the Knights received a large amount of funds and recruits from their holdings (Tongues) throughout Europe.

I can't wait to read more!

Storey: I think about 6%. The worst is that I loose all my advisors and moral is reduced by 200%(!!!).

Sapphire: Oh I hope so!

coz1: Sometimes I have my doubts. . .

SharpAlignment: Ooo! Really? When I was doing my research for this AAR, I wondered if I could have implimented a system like that, but because I had no modding experience, I couldn't.

Would you be willing to post it here? I would love to see what you did!

daemonofdecay said:
Storey: I think about 6%. The worst is that I loose all my advisors and moral is reduced by 200%(!!!).

Sapphire: Oh I hope so!

coz1: Sometimes I have my doubts. . .

SharpAlignment: Ooo! Really? When I was doing my research for this AAR, I wondered if I could have implimented a system like that, but because I had no modding experience, I couldn't.

Would you be willing to post it here? I would love to see what you did!

It will be included as part of a bigger release. I can PM a private link to what I have though. Basically it creates 8 different triggered modifiers, one for each of the 8 Tongues.

They all provide modifiers to tax and manpower, as well as a specific bonus from each region.

These modifiers only apply as long as the knights are a smaller nation with a max manpower of less then 15k. Also, if you ever have a war with one of the nations that a Tongue is located in, then you will lose that tongue.

With the mod, the knights start with about 1400 max manpower, -0.02 ducats per month, and 5 ducats a year. This grows quickly as you capture territory, but the 15k limit means you can't get too big if you want to maintain the bonuses.

SharpAlignment said:
It will be included as part of a bigger release. I can PM a private link to what I have though. Basically it creates 8 different triggered modifiers, one for each of the 8 Tongues.

They all provide modifiers to tax and manpower, as well as a specific bonus from each region.

These modifiers only apply as long as the knights are a smaller nation with a max manpower of less then 15k. Also, if you ever have a war with one of the nations that a Tongue is located in, then you will lose that tongue.

With the mod, the knights start with about 1400 max manpower, -0.02 ducats per month, and 5 ducats a year. This grows quickly as you capture territory, but the 15k limit means you can't get too big if you want to maintain the bonuses.

Wow! That sounds really cool, and I'm impressed you made something like that work!

However, I have aquestion: Once you are over 15k, do you automatically loose the tongues, or is it you start having the chance of loosing?

Also, a good flavor event for this would to have the nations where the tongues are located have a random event where they could sieze the tongues, giving them money and taking them away from the knights, but also costing them Badboy and giving the Knights a CB.

daemonofdecay said:
Wow! That sounds really cool, and I'm impressed you made something like that work!

However, I have aquestion: Once you are over 15k, do you automatically loose the tongues, or is it you start having the chance of loosing?

Also, a good flavor event for this would to have the nations where the tongues are located have a random event where they could sieze the tongues, giving them money and taking them away from the knights, but also costing them Badboy and giving the Knights a CB.

You do not permanetly lose the tongues for going over 15k, you just don't get any bonuses for them if you are larger then that because the Knighthood has lost its focus and has to put those resources towards governing alot of territory.

I will be creating events of nations dissolving the tongues due to a change in national religion (which happened in England and in some of the German states), but no random events for it. Once a tongue is dissolved through an event, it is more or less permanent. When a tongue is dissolved due to a war, the host nation gets 50 ducets right now.

If you use the Mod, I highly recommend against attacking christian nations, because often times you permenatly lose a tongue due to the complex web of alliances. I lost 4 in a test by declaring war on France. But this is WAD because the Knights shouldn't be battling Catholic countries where they get most of their support!

Anyhow, sending you the link now.

Yes I can imagine him being slightly mad at realising that not everyone views the world the same way. Still, the money has served its purpose, and now it serves him right for employing Venetian userers ;)