• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
cthulhu said:
:rofl: Priceless!

Priceless Hey!?!?

Broadband Internet connection: £40

Copy of HOI2: £24.99

An update from Yogi: Priceless!!

...sorry couldn't resist.

:D

Met, how was your AAR (which one, BTW?) confused with mine? This I got to see! :)

OK, I will REALLY, REALLY try to get this updated soon, OK? I think the problem for me is atomisation, I want to cover so many things I get blocked and end up covering nothing... I'll see if I can correct that. I'm still very fond of the story-driven parts of TEATL, but I have to come to terms with the fact that this is NOT Empire of Fu Manchu, and the world events cannot work as a backstage to the plotting and adventuring of the protagonists.

As for this AAR being slower than real time, well, not really. So far, it has covered the period Autumn 1914 to Spring 1939. That's a good 24 years, and TEATL hasn't run for that long YET. Give me time though...

<scampers off to avoid the wrath of the readership>

EDIT: no luck with new jobs, BTW, but the old one asked me to stay another month, ie january. Maybe they're slowly realising what a friggin' DISASTER me leaving will lead to... ;)

From one jobseaker to another I'm glad to hear that sir...

I wouldn't worry about regular updates, as the only thing we prefer to reading an update from an author is bitchin about there being no updates! :D

Yes, I said in Met's Birthday Thread that he should update TEATL. Don't ask.

He Gonzo, go to the corner and think about your actions :p

The Yogi said:
OK, I will REALLY, REALLY try to get this updated soon, OK? I think the problem for me is atomisation, I want to cover so many things I get blocked and end up covering nothing... I'll see if I can correct that. I'm still very fond of the story-driven parts of TEATL, but I have to come to terms with the fact that this is NOT Empire of Fu Manchu, and the world events cannot work as a backstage to the plotting and adventuring of the protagonists.
That is hard for me as well. You cant cover everything because that would take too much time, but there are so many interesting possible stories/events you can cover, that truly can be hard to decide on. So I would try to focus more on the actual game then, maybe it gets you out the blocking.. I do like the story driven parts in TEATL, but the main interest goes to the strategy and world events, they are just so darn good.

The Yogi said:

Met, how was your AAR (which one, BTW?) confused with mine? This I got to see! :)

As for this AAR being slower than real time, well, not really. So far, it has covered the period Autumn 1914 to Spring 1939. That's a good 24 years, and TEATL hasn't run for that long YET. Give me time though...

<scampers off to avoid the wrath of the readership>

EDIT: no luck with new jobs, BTW, but the old one asked me to stay another month, ie january. Maybe they're slowly realising what a friggin' DISASTER me leaving will lead to... ;)
Have you considered just writing for the major events in the game first? After you write up a bit about a few of those, then go back to those events you have written and focus on something specific and write about the characters in that situation. It might take time, but you'll be able to fit in both styles.

The Yogi said:
...OK, I will REALLY, REALLY try to get this updated soon, OK?... ;)
yes, an update would be "OK"! :cool:

well, actually, it would be "REALLY, REALLY OK"! ! ! ! :D

It's that time of year: UPDATE!!!!

Update! *rabblerabblerabble*

Uh-oh, Yogi, I sense an angry mob gathering!

[angry mob] WE WANT AN UPDATE!!!! [/angry mob]

Not a part of the angry mob (fathers of small kids need to stick together, after all), but an update would be much appreciated :)

I'm a persistent fellow, so I'll insist on my method: I'm not in the least curious to hear about what happened to Gunderian's offensive, about the current progresses of the red menace around the world, or to hear about the adventures of our young austrian tanker as he drives his prehistoric battle vehicle around. The only reason an update would be fitting would be to finish this istory in a decent, orderly fashion, but have no illusions: it brings me no thrill at all.

... And the reason I keep checking for updates everytime someone posts in here is solely a very persistent nature of mine, not interest, good heavens, not in the least!

Nuclear Winter said:
... And the reason I keep checking for updates everytime someone posts in here is solely a very persistent nature of mine, not interest, good heavens, not in the least!

i believe you! :D

I have to join the crowd in saying this:

PLEASE UPDATE!!!