• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The King is dead! Long live the King!

Aurion leaves life to enter into legend. The dramatic events in King's Landing shouldn't blind us to the fact that Maelyx has inherited a rocky and fragile monarchy despite his father's long reign and Maelyx's status as the long time undisputed heir. Had things gone slightly differently, the Targaryens would have been cast down from the Iron Throne and Monford would have been sitting on it. Opportunists like the King's uncle Valerion will be wondering if the new King is more vulnerable than his father.

A new monarch can mean new policies and a shifting in the attitude of the throne. While Maelyx is similar to his father in many ways, he has always been more suspicious of some of his relatives than Aurion was due to his intrigue education. After Monford's rebellion and the Dance of King's Landing, that may expand to anybody with a drop of dragon blood in them. As Monford shows who was a rather distant relative, one does not need recent Targaryen ancestry to claim a dragon.

What will happen to the Velaryons of Driftmark now that Monford is dead? While the war is still ongoing, the defeat of the rebellion is almost certain now that Driftmark has lost their leader and dragon. In the canon, House Velaryon was almost the second royal house of the realm and an extension of the Targaryen family until the Dance of Dragons reduced their influence. In this AAR, the Velaryons haven't played a major role in a long time until this recent rebellion.

Maelyx finally has a dragon and I wonder which one did he claim. He had the claim a dragon ambition for a very long time, but he didn't claim a dragon unlike some of his siblings until now.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Great chapter! The game threw up the ball into your sweet spot and you smashed it out of the park! :)

As the hours ticked by, it became apparent that the capitol would not be reinforced by Balaeron Seafyre and his dragon Saphyre from the Stepstones, unbeknownst to any in the capitol, the Kings raven had never reached the Stepstones, as Monford Velaryon had positioned archers on islands northwest of the Stepstones, with orders to shoot any bird that approached to warn Balaeron….leaving the bold dragonrider blissfully unaware of the impending attack on the capitol.
Did something happen in game to stop him, or did you have to cover his absence by narrative means?
It really did happen like this in the game, almost immediatly after the defeat of Monford Velaryons attack on Kings Landing, King Aurion keeled over...right as I had been thinking what perfect timing/ending if he were to die at that moment
I was going to ask, but you already answered. A dream send off for old Aurion. Maelyx is mature and generally strong, but the Iron Throne cuts easily and deeply …

Reactions:
Will Lomas become relevant later?
I do have plans for at least one Lomas chapter, if for nothing else than to show what he is up too.

In regards to Lomas, I feel so far in the story, I have done a good job in managing to avoid inaccuracies to the timeline, however unfortunately I did mess up a bit with Lomas, as in the game he was born almost 11 years before when he was born in the story (132 vs 143 AC)...I messed up pretty big on that and forgot about the 17 year timeskip in Chapter 60, so it may be a while till he appears.

Where did Monford get the scorpions? Lys?
Yes

I wonder if Maelyx will have time to leave as big of a mark on Westeros as his father did. On the one hand, great stats. On the other, stress and drinking problems may dull his mind or cut his life short.
He will have a different approach to ruling than his father in some ways, he will likely have the carousing trait so there is the potential for him to lose the stressed trait, but those negative health traits are concerning, even with strong to balance them out.

Has Princess Shaelle been freed? I picture her as having taken control of Driftmark castle and awaiting transport home.
I actually did consider having a chapter of Shaelle recognizing that she was going to be imprisoned and managing to escape and avoid capture, but figured she was too young at the time. She will be freed however.

Is he going to put industrial strength duct tape across the mouth of the crown prince?
Not a bad strategy

Easily in the running for one of the best and strongest chapters in the AAR! Huge kudos to you.
Thank you!

Curious to find out what destiny has in store for little Lomas. If history is any indication then safest bet might be to run off and live with his Trendfyre relatives in Braavos.
As I mentioned earlier, I do hope to get him a POV chapter in the future, even if he doesnt become hugely relevent to the main story...though we will see, have not played long past Aurions death

The Small Council scene, which was great btw, really drove home just how much the Council has gradually become quite the family affair under Aurion. The House of the Dragons makes its decisions internally, and the Lords of the Realm aren’t given much of a meaningful say at a
Yeah, there are of course some councillers who are not Targaryen, but I figured in the face of an impending surprise attack, they would not be included or needed, and planning would largely be kept to Targaryens and Dragonriders.

Sad though it is to lose Moondancer like this, I will freely confess that Vhagar is my beloved lol, and she honestly might live up to the “hoary old bitch” nickname even more in this AAR than in canon. Every time it seems like she’s gotten too old, fat, and sluggish to win… and every time she bounces back and comes alive when given the chance to show some draconic whippersnapper why she’s still the best killing machine in the skies. I’m curious if she will follow her latest master to the grave, or if the old girl still has some atrocities left in her lol.
Vhagar has been a beast in this AAR for sure, and it was sad to lose Moondancer, especially when I remember there was a scene of Nyel and Vaemond on Narrah and Moondancer confining Vhagar to the dragonpit....and now Vhagar has killed both of them decades later, mounts of some of my favorite chars in the AAR.

I admit you managed to fake me out with respect to Aurion, cause I definitely felt like he had a few death flags raised going into it, and was bracing myself for him to die, but then he survived the dragon duel unscathed and I figured we were in the clear… only for him to drop dead right after. A climactic end for a King who could easily be regarded as the most towering figure in Targaryen history since the Conqueror. And dying like this, before he had the chance to grow frail and decrepit, can really only help his memory. I was honestly surprised that Aurion was only 56 when he passed, even if it’s not a huge surprise given his numerous ailments. He took the throne at such a young age, and we’ve been following his story for so long that it feels like he’s been around for ages and ages.
His death was well timed, and like I mentioned previously he really did die immediately after the battle in the game as well, right as I was thinking how climactic it would be if he died then.

To round off, I do have one question; what was the megawar situation looking like during this rebellion? I’m assuming none of the Paramounts sided with Velaryon, we probably woulda heard about that, and they were all too far away to actually influence the fighting at King’s Landing anyway, but did most of them at least rally to Aurion’s side or did they mostly choose to sit this one out?
Monford Velaryon recieved no suppourt from any lord, all either swore to Aurion or remained neutral....future wars may not be like that however

Opportunists like the King's uncle Valerion will be wondering if the new King is more vulnerable than his father.
There will be opportunists in the wake of Aurions death.....Valerion will have some very interesting developments that I am not entirely sure how best to convey (if I do include them in the story) but there will be a minor surprise in terms of relationships.

What will happen to the Velaryons of Driftmark now that Monford is dead? While the war is still ongoing, the defeat of the rebellion is almost certain now that Driftmark has lost their leader and dragon. In the canon, House Velaryon was almost the second royal house of the realm and an extension of the Targaryen family until the Dance of Dragons reduced their influence. In this AAR, the Velaryons haven't played a major role in a long time until this recent rebellion.
Monfords heir is his eight (I think) year old daughter and is of no real threat so I would not expect any major consequences for the house, with Monford dead they are pretty toothless.

Maelyx finally has a dragon and I wonder which one did he claim. He had the claim a dragon ambition for a very long time, but he didn't claim a dragon unlike some of his siblings until now.
Unfortunately both Maelyx (and his son Taegar) did not tame fully grown dragons but rather had eggs hatch into hatchlings.......Maelyx's dragon will be seen in the next chapter most likely.

Great chapter! The game threw up the ball into your sweet spot and you smashed it out of the park!
Thank you!

Did something happen in game to stop him, or did you have to cover his absence by narrative means?
Unfortunately, as Balaeron was the vassal of a LP, he could not be made a commander and there was no way for him to actually be present at the battle, though I did want to explain why he wasnt there.

-To All: Sorry for the delay, I have been extremely busy, and unfortunately that has not yet ended so I have not yet started the next chapter or played that far ahead (hope to make an outline soon and have a rough idea of what scenes will appear), I did however manage to squeeze in righting Chronicle Entries for the dead dragons and Aurion.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Chronicle of Dragons #4/History of the Targaryen Rulers #4
Chronicle of Dragons #4

fo-_LnJpv12UxX9Vu6HPC9QmYzEEtPbclSR4pZtTfQyxUdnpQF29GtdoBlMCu7tdzUKdanvZqu2Kn_bdEife13oFTbw-DODCdaWsr_1xQTq9H6iOTseiTfULppr0q-8uddCWETntWT4rX2B48Yqm95s

Prince Vaeron Targaryen atop the dragon Tridax above the city of Kings Landing, shortly before its death at the claws against the dragon Moondancer.

Name: Tridax

Description: Green scales and deep burgundy purple eyes the color of wine, thirty three feet in length at the time of its death.

Lineage: Was hatched from an egg lain by Moondancer in Riverrun.

Riders:
Lord Commander Aemorys Targaryen
Lord Commander Vaeron Targaryen

Chronicle: The dragon Tridax was hatched around the year 88 AC during the reign of Queen Laena in Riverrun by the dragon Moondancer, mount of Daena Targaryen, the niece of the late King Vaemond Targaryen.

The hatchling was meant for the Tully children of Daena Targaryen, who possessed some blood of the dragon through their mother, however, Tridax would not take to them, and would flee the castle courtyard into the wilderness of the Riverlands, prompting Queen Laena to dispatch her grandson and Kingsguard Aemorys Targaryen to find and reclaim the lost dragon for the royal family, and after weeks of searching, Aemorys would find and claim the beast somewhere in the Blackwood Vale.

Aemorys would bond with the beast, and when it grew large enough would fly it in service to his nephew Aurion, with Tridax being a common sight beside the dragon Vhagar during Aurions early progresses. Tridax would see combat against the pirates of the Stepstones under Aemorys, most notably at the battle of Deepstone where it turned the tide of the battle.

Following the death of Aemorys, Tridax would bond with Vaeron Targaryen, brother of the King Aurion, though the pair would be a rarer sight as Prince Vaeron only occasionally took to the skies, though the beast would be present during the campaign against Lys. During Aelor Seafyres rebellion, Tridax would be left in King's Landing to guard the capitol against a potential attack. Years later, Tridax would once again take to the skies to defend the city against Monford Velaryons assault on the capitol….in the ensuing battle, the smaller Tridax would engage the dragon which had hatched it….Moondancer. Tridax would be mortally wounded in the battle of flame, tooth and claw and would not survive.

gJN-tHhGRKqvVLI2WjM0Q3WPb35dChVbi29XR8RRPi07qbooQ9vCx5Lah-xgH8RHyrjMYX6NBDfjc_DiMAuxTGXB-igly9bADWbjuWXsK51I6ll4fNKhudwPnGe4E7GeIp8KLxetmtg3KbdPMoEjdM4

6QgMHsaRKZnVVtErCxKUqwDLiIUQPaOt2cQx8XtUYhLTe2cPpzg7FjCaWEs3axssJk156y9hZhcFppr1otTT_Jz9o3484wOMf8a7UytBrihQe15ghwnoGHC84bcsEkAHQVCYlx1pQYLoukPmQUaqBuE

The dragon Moondancer shortly before being claimed by Monford Velaryon, the Lord of Driftmark and the beasts final rider

Name: Moondancer

Description: Perhaps the most magnificent Targaryen dragon of its time, thousands of thin sharp scales, thin as ringmail and white as snowy frost. Eyes as blue as a northern glacier. Was the second largest and oldest dragon in the world at the time of its death, surpassing eighty feet in length.

Lineage: Hatched from an egg laid by the dragon Meraxes, mount of Princess Rhaenys, the egg would later be gifted by Rhaenys to her nephew Prince Matarys as a parting gift as the boy departed for the Vale.

Riders:
King Vaemond Targaryen
Princess Daena Targaryen
Monford Velaryon, Lord of Driftmark

Chronicle:

The egg which would hatch the dragon Moondancer would be laid by the dragon Meraxes, mount of Princess Rhaenys in 12 AC. The Princess would later gift the egg to her nephew Matarys Targaryen, second son of the Conqueror as he was sent away to be educated in the Vale. 2 years later, in the year 14 AC, the egg would hatch in the Eyrie.

Following the Conqueror's death, Matarys and the hatchling would return to the capitol, yet Moondancer would not take to the prince, tearing a chunk of his hand off and flying away from the castle.

The wounded Matarys would not venture forth to reclaim his dragon, but rather his older brother, the boy King Vaemond, who would set out from Kings Landing with his distant cousin, the Lord Commander Corlys Velaryon, the pair eventually coming across the dragon on a small island, where Vaemond would claim the dragon as his own.

Moondancer would grow alongside its young rider, and while it would not be large enough to play a role in the Lion's Rebellion, soon after growing to a size where it was a common sight in the skies above Kings Landing alongside the young King Vaemond, often joined by Queen Nyel and Narrah. Years later, Moondancer would get its first taste of combat, being ridden by Vaemond while attacking the pirate stronghold of Dark Den in the Stepstones, burning several pirates and saving the young King's life.

King Vaemond and Moondancer would have a remarkable bond for much of the Kings life, however when the aging Vaemonds beloved queen Nyel passed away, a change would come over Vaemond, who secluded himself in his chambers, a veritable shell of his former self and it was rumored he had begun to fear the very dragon he had called his own since he was a child, and Vaemond would not ride Moondancer for the final years of his life.

Following King Vaemond the Strongs death in Dragonstone, Moondancer would be confined to the Dragonpit….for a short time until Daena Targaryen, the Lady of Riverrun and a niece of King Vaemond would enter the dragonpit whilst Queen Laena was away and spirit the dragon away, claiming the powerful mount as her own, leading to a long feud between the cousins Daena and Laena.

Moondancer would continue to grow during this time, and once again see further combat when conflict broke out between Stark and Tully, and Daena would utilize Moondancer to deadly effect, burning many Crannog villages in the neck and even leading an attack on Moat Cailin, which was captured for the first time in its history, Moondancer burned hundreds that day….though shortly after would be taken out of the war by a poisoned arrow shot by a crannogman archer, wounding the beast.

Moondancer would be mounted by Daena Targaryen at the funeral of King Jaerion Targaryen, lending its flames to the brief Kings pyre, and shortly after, Daena Targaryen would pass away, the last living grandchild of the Conqueror.

Following Daenas death in Riverrun, Moondancer would never be captured or interred in the dragonpit, living a rather peaceful life for decades in the Gullet near Driftmark and Dragonstone, making itself a large den on an island, being a common sight in the region, frequently flying to Crackclaw Point or Massey's Hook in the Crownlands to steal sheep.

Moondancers peaceful existence in the Gullet would abruptly end when Monford Velaryon, Lord of Driftmark and Master of the Tides would venture to Moondancers lair, successfully claiming the beast for his planned attack on Kings Landing and King Aurion.

Monford Velaryon would lead Moondancer, now the second largest dragon in the world during his sudden attack on the capitol, and the large dragon would make easy work of Tridax, the dragon of Vaeron Targaryen, killing its smaller relative.

Moondancer would meet fiercer resistance in Vhagar, ridden by King Aurion itself, and after a brutal fight above the streets of Kings Landing, Vhagar would get the better of the former mount of King Vaemond, slaying the dragon, though Moondancer dealt terrible wounds to the old Vhagar.

vUrrXlWp0Gbe7fRF1slGJ6vGqqIgqOedJnM52qZoirOZfpSHZRYr6_iOZ9JhwFkCmyQafWORrHn8e5Q8CeKy7aJ-q_twiohbvgsfCI4aaQNjE6GKT3kFD7d3vEx7hVrdd0YgaiLrAmPAFG6KvtWS0Z0

History of the Targaryen Rulers 143 AC

L-KybJjG8cJOLUoWsFPVFV60FB8ZKN_GqXnWlPG9tQuGe4Oxq691hfAQfXrdf4nr0eBJMThZvNglmOzQ8cgxkwQFFRVBWZ1SOWIXC85LUBiBbC9-g5MXBwC6gfuNQeq5S0gOtaJ7_Vl9oYAUhBmGedk

Name: King Aurion Targaryen, First of His Name

Commonly Known as: King Aurion the Dragon, ‘’Good King Aurion’’, ‘’The Dragon King’’

l6IYe5jgcFO0eLc5FS8f22yvpyeX5sGwePqnI82OYzfcNu2_NbEdqE0kDfUpQGc88UJ2U0ySawqwlpBmFsB4cg-JQ5u2vKjpCkykcNzTgjZ0wRqOka2wB9WfMRKN9wMcbojXYrcO89miHbpSDV66UCs

King Aurion Targaryen shortly before confronting his Great Aunt Vaella in the Dragonpit

Years Reigned: 99 AC - 143 AC, 43 Years, 2 Months (Including a 3 year Regency)
Progeny: *d=Deceased *b=bastard

-King Maelyx Targaryen, 39 y/o, Aurions heir and current King of Westeros
-Prince Taegar Targaryen 24 y/o Heir to the Throne
-Prince Valaenor Targaryen 22 y/o, Master of Laws of Dragonstone
-Princess Naehna Targaryen, 17 y/o, Married to Ser Byren Royce, heir to Runestone
-Prince Baerion Targaryen 11 y/o
-Princess Shaella Targaryen 8 y/o, recently freed from captivity in Driftmark by her father
-Princess Syaella Targaryen 4/yo

-Prince Jaenar Targaryen (d)
Fell to his death atop the dragon Oathwing in 125 AC above Kings Landing

-Prince Maegor Targaryen, 35 y/o, Presumptive heir to Oldstones
-Raelor Targaryen 16 y/o Serving in the household guard of his kinsman Balaeron in the Southern Stepstones

-Prince Vaegon Targaryen 32 y/o, Dragonrider of Kastax

-Princess Baela Targaryen 29 y/o, Married to Raymund Tyrell, Heir to Highgarden

-Lynesse Tyrell 9 y/o
-Olene Tyrell 9 y/o
-Samwyle Tyrell 0 y/o

-Prince Yraenor Targaryen, 29 y/o, Commander of the Gate of the Gods and Dragonrider of Proudwing

-Princess Rhaena Targaryen (d)

Succumbed to a long battle with cancer in 141 AC
-Edgerran Tarly, 6 y/o Heir to Horn Hill and the Westmarch
-Hobber Tarly 4 y/o
-Gerold Tarly 3 y/o

-Prince Taegon Targaryen 26 y/o, Acolyte and Maester-in-Training at the Citadel
-Eraenya 0 y/o

When Aurion Targaryen succeeded his father King Jaerion after a short reign of one year, just weeks shy of a boy of thirteen, and with the realm not far removed from the violence of the reign of his great grandmother Queen Laena, it must be said not much was expected of the boy King, with much of the realm doubting he would amount to much.

King Aurion Targaryen would prove these doubters wrong, being the longest reigning Targaryen Monarch since King Vaemond the Strong, with his 43 year rulership of Westeros being a single year less than that of his great great grandfather.

Aurion Targaryen would ascend to the Throne in 99 AC, after the less than two year reign of his father Jaerion, who would succumb to an infection sustained while hunting.

The young boy of thirteen, whom had lived most of his childhood on Dragonstone, would be largely unknown to the realm, though those close to his fathers court would be impressed with the lads sense of diligence and personal bravery, bravery which would lead him to claim the mount Vhagar on his thirteenth nameday, the largest dragon in the known world.

Shortly after this promising triumph however, the reign of the young Aurion seemed doomed to never begin as Aurion would be stricken by the Bloody Flux during King's Landing's plague of 101 AC, and as he lay on the brink of death, his councilors began to fear the worst.

Aurion however, was a youth strong in body, and for the first, but not the last time would pull through a serious illness, and survive the dreaded bloody flux.

-MGomZoeC-_QQKqRNUEN08F0klXvpnITz_0zVd2ag0IpIU7Nf1ltMJ2C7yg5wZtgymXm7YeY1XoCunZEquYsLCmUu5y8pekVTognrqiCmN8Bf4o1Z6wgsVt29CGa0lwfIh_wd2FL-sAl6wqPVHx490w

A Teenage King Aurion shortly after his recovery from the Bloody Flux

In his place however, the plague would take with it Aurions mother Belle Tully, leaving the young Aurion and his five brothers orphans,adding to the heavy burden and responsibility that the young boy, fast becoming young man would have to shoulder.

In time however, the short reign of Aurion would come to an end, and the time had come for him to become King in his own right. Unlike his father Jaerion, who had summoned the High Septon to crown him in King's Landing, Aurion would keep with tradition and make the journey to Oldtown.

9XYRlrvO1wvlKBewzPuBHffIqAHNqpuTZYhipBwdt0PMoQjBv6Aduu-M0O_5I2qcyZITr76kwsyNxtNElczP-ePZNTcFd0w9wp43YWXw8G7g85FFdhfe68pO99KRzidp3hD7R_ppgjToc0rWd3b-Zq0

A young Aurion Targaryen riding through the Streets of Oldtown

This would prove to be among the most important decisions of Aurions young life, as it would be in Oldtown that he would meet Alicent Hightower, the woman who was to be Queen and lover, the two being married not even a month after meeting.

Freshly married and crowned, Aurion would waste no time in taking to his duties as King with diligent vigor, ordering the realm's first major census of all Seven Kingdoms, and sitting the Iron Throne in judgment of matters great and small.

Not long after his coronation, Aurion would set out on the first of his many progresses and journeys across the realm, attending the coronation of Lady Helia of Dorne in Sunspear, ending decades of royal isolation in the capitol seen in the late stages of King Vaemond’s reign and the long reign of Queen Laena.

This would prove to be a theme of Aurions reign as he would embark on no less than five great progresses of the realm during his decades long reign (with countless shorter trips and visits in between), spending many entire years of his rule on the road, visiting houses great and small from the Stony Shore to Sunspear. Good Queen Alicent too would become well known for her presence on her husband's progresses, holding many famed ‘’womens courts’’ across the realms, open forums for women, nobly and gently born to share their concerns, hopes, and ideas.

King Aurion would see combat for the first time as a young man on his first royal progress in Dorne, slaying a party of Dornish separatist assassins near Skyreach, though this taste of treason would not poison Aurions love of Dorne and its mountains, evidenced by the fact that Aurion would make several more trips to Dorne. Aurion would also befriend Norman Tyrell as a young man and the King and the Heir to Highgarden would share a close bond for many decades, ending only with Aurions death.

Aurion would face his first true test upon his return from his first progress, entering the capitol with news that a court dispute between his spymaster and Great Aunt Vaella and his Hand, Aegon Bar Emmon, had led to the latters murder and Vaella barricading herself in the Dragonpit with her dragon Narrah.

Aurion would personally confront his Great Aunt in the Dragonpit, causing the daughter of the Queen of Skulls to stand down. King Aurion, who would become known for his honor and generosity, would spare his wayward kin woman's life, instead banishing her to the Silent Sisters.

It would be during the reign of King Aurion that what is now known as the Kingsroad would be begun….and completed. Aurion would appoint Anders Swygert as his new Hand, a capable man who would oversee the vast network of roads which now connect the Seven Kingdoms, increasing the efficiency, safety, and volume of trade across the realm and a feat which can be considered among the most important of Aurions reign.

King Aurion, even as early as his coronation (evidenced by a discussion between the young Aurion and the High Septon in his holiness's private diaries) was known to have ambitions to drive the pirates out of the Stepstones and bring order to the islands, having grown up in an time where news of constant bloody raids, attacks and plundering in the lawless region was never far from his ears.

Aurion would make good on these ambitions, in 108 AC ordering the conquest of the pirate fortress of the Skulls, granting the islands to his younger brother Valerion, the man who would one day be known as Valerion Seafyre, first Lord Paramount of the Stepstones. Aurion would order further campaigns and incursions against the pirates in the narrow sea for a another 15 years before at last the islands were finally tamed and incorporated into his realm, with the young King also granting land to his younger brothers Aelor and Matarys, for Aurion was a generous man who wished to provide for all of his brothers, though granting his brothers land, power, and isolated seats would be a decision he would one day have cause to regret.

The reign of King Aurion would also be known for the tense, and often outright hostile relationship between Westeros and the Serene Republic of Lys, which Aurion sought to oppose when the aforementioned slaver republic launched an invasion of the Myr and Tyrosh whom had recently been liberated by former slaves and had formed an alliance known to history as the ‘’Free Sisters’’.

After Lys refused to back down, Aurion ordered direct military intervention against Lys to protect the Free Sisters, and the campaign against Lys, led by his brothers, most notably Valerion and Aelor, would culminate in several major victories and the eventual capture and looting of the city of Lys itself, ending the war with Targaryen victory.

Aurions foreign policy decision to intervene in the Lyseni-Free Sisters war would have long lasting consequences, culminating in a pirate attack on Kings Landing that was seen off by Aurion and Vhagar, the attack in 124 AC was widely assumed to have been funded by the Lyseni, the eventual attack of Monford Velaryon would also be funded by the bitter Lyseni.

King Aurion would make good on his close friendship with Norman Tyrell, arranging his son and heir Maelyx to wed Myria Tyrell, a daughter of Highgarden, cementing that the close bond between Targaryen and Tyrell would endure, several other marriages of Aurions children would also be brokered with House Tyrell and other noble Reach houses.

E-7V2V4B5pZc4Inmc34-WtX8LhwhygymZOQIfOTOcjAUp0dEI2zVerA3dqYyMVAbyLmFaPNvXZcVc1pNwFXJW2XxK6A-uqFRYovxCCANdX4O4mr36uZ5uWwPp35mxKRyDP7KoM4sPsdBnttH12qtUQQ

King Aurion Targaryen at the wedding of his son and heir Maelyx, 118 AC

The realm would enjoy some years of peace in the period following Westerosi intervention against Lys, however that peace would soon come to an abrupt end in 125 AC with the outbreak of the first Seafyre Rebellion, led by Aurions own younger brother, Aelor Seafyre.

The rebellion, started after Aelor would escape imprisonment in Kings Landing for his alleged plot to murder a knight of the Kingsguard (an escape which is thought to have been aided by Prince Matarys targaryen), Aelors flight from the capitol would quickly escalate into a full blown uprising when Aelor would name himself King Aelor Seafyre upon his return to the Stepstones.

King Aurion, still reeling from the recent death of his son Jaenar, would travel atop Vhagar to the Stepstones, hoping to intimidate his wayward sibling into submission, however unbeknownst to him, Aelor had secured the support of Prince Matarys, rider of the dragon Narrah, who ambushed Aurion and Vhagar near the island of Deepstone.

The battle between Vhagar and Narrah would mark the first (but not the last) time that the dragons of the Targaryens would engage in their deadly dance above the skies, and after a long fierce melee, the older Vhagar would prevail against its younger kin, killing Narrah and severely wounding Matarys.

The King, fitting with his chivalrous temperament, attempted to help his wounded brother, but the traitor Matarys Seafyre would use Aurions aid against him, drawing a dagger and attempting to slay Aurion in cold blood, successfully wounding him and forcing Aurion to kill his younger brother with Blackfyre. The wound sustained to his thigh by Matarys’s dagger would trouble the King for the rest of his life, and along with an old shoulder wound from an Ironborn spear sustained in the North, would cause the King to turn to drink in later life to numb the pain.

With his brother Aelors rebellion crushed and the traitor safely secured in the castle dungeons under armed guard, peace once again returned to the realm for many years, and eventually the King would recover enough to continue his progresses across the realm, it is during this period that a change would come over the King, as in addition to his newfound thirst of wine, he would also develop a strange fixation with fire, spending many nights and long hours sitting in silence, observing the flames, though little would come of this harmless fixation.

The aging King would suffer a scare in 137 AC, collapsing in his chambers as a result of a cancerous growth within his skull, like his many other previous wounds and illnesses however, Aurion would pull through and survive, a fortuitous turn of events for the House of the Dragon, for if he had died, events in later years may have ended all together differently.

I0q20KcH5sULH2_WFkBoC5PsNYZd1qs8Nim68rIOhAIX2CeAtZIrs0oZJm_KDYrDaFWVSJJAOy_ip3VqzlM1zY5nYg9bsA9Uk8f5jBFILTCKVqp7NsqS_oVpOayALl_GHiBoUsfULyMBzItuztmiGdY

King Aurion Targaryen shortly before collapsing in 137 AC

King Aurion would face one final test in his reign, as in 143 AC, Monford Velaryon, the Lord of Driftmark would tame the wild dragon Moondancer, and after securing an army from the vengeful Lyseni, would launch a surprise attack on Kings Landing itself.

ERRMmg9pZ-CzgBK-CexZmeQxbtjq9jpamvzd8LyZ9nMTlZSwOoQGxtCEfD5HEUiOsQ_0MIoayZ5JFtPM55pMhf_oOI-GJTpooeUu0uUaXLHdrBB_ENFYVQeFsgWnPbNb3XyTMMvXEJCqqZZWTDfOb_c

King Aurion surveys his troops shortly before the battle of King's Landing, 143 AC

Monford Velaryon and Moondancer would successfully kill the dragon Tridax in the attack, and very nearly succeeded in casting down Aurion and Vhagar as well, wounding the old dragon in a fierce melee of tooth, fire, and claw, however both Aurion and Vhagar had one more fight left in them, and would eventually win the fight, sending Moondancer and Velaryon to their doom.

King Aurion would not live long to celebrate his victory, collapsing after dismounting Vhagar at the Dragonpit following the battle, his heart giving out.

He was 57 years old.

zMTC2YPnTlfj-NLjcCvOcN-6rjLEFf9KKR8cTeXuw2Cv3LfH2ucSEMYbbr7Yo1qbLxLBGo4wEikrmwq3xIZujLl_nipoSNNWtx5PoV7OtVpI4ulgYlbZPLinjXm7Fqokb0ia5L0oUopuHzu0Ea1W9yU

• 3Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
It certainly goes to show just how important and towering of a figure Aurion was when the summary of his reign is basically long enough to be a standalone chapter lmao.

Also, though, what’s this I spy about Maester-in-Training Taegon having a (presumably illegitimate) child? I guess Vaeron isn’t the only one breaking his sworn oath by sowing some royal oats.

• 1Like
Reactions:
King Aurin will cast a very big shadow for a very long time. My king may you know no more pain and your labors cease. What happens to Vhagar? Thank you for this wonderful retrospective on a great, great man and several very special dragons.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the dragon and reign summaries. Taken together, there is some very striking AI art in there, especially the portraits through the years of Aurion.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Aurion's 44 year-long reign is rather long. How will the realm adopt to his absence?

Also, I didn't realize that a crannogman shot down Moondancer, taking the dragon out of commission. Why did more enemies of the Targaryens not take advantage of this discovery and try to use poison against their dragons?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Why did more enemies of the Targaryens not take advantage of this discovery and try to use poison against their dragons?
Maybe because it's in the mod to grant non-dragonrider players a better chance of defeating dragons, and the Martin actually does not paint an Achilies' heel on his pets, letting dragons fall prey to the poisons of puny mortals being rather anti-climactic.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A well written summary in a well written AAR. Sorry if i joined to the discussion late:) rest assured i read and lurked:D. Rest well your Grace you earned it! May the new king Maelyx's reign start as a peaceful and a prosperous one but we will seee what fate holds for him. He is already 39 soo maybe he 'll has a long reign liked old king Jaehaerys or .... perhaps . He already has multiple sons we will see if Taegar can hold up as a Prince of Dragonstone.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Interesting parallel between Vaemond and Aurion. They seem to travel almost opposite paths, with Vaemond losing his will to fight, to rule and to live and Aurion giving one heck of the last hurrah and dying functionally in the saddle. Seems like Targs need some conflict in their reign to stay sharp.
Or maybe things would have been different if Nyel lived longer or Alicent died before her king husband.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Interesting parallel between Vaemond and Aurion. They seem to travel almost opposite paths, with Vaemond losing his will to fight, to rule and to live and Aurion giving one heck of the last hurrah and dying functionally in the saddle. Seems like Targs need some conflict in their reign to stay sharp.
Or maybe things would have been different if Nyel lived longer or Alicent died before her king husband.
Great insight!

• 3Like
Reactions:
A wonderful summary of the reign of Aurion Targaryen, with him gone his heir is going to have to pick up the pieces left behind, at least he is competent, the current king's heir however....yeah, judging from the previous screenshots Taegar has BIG shoes to fill especially with King Maelyx having the stressed trait, that's an ongoing RNG there if you suddenly get a king who died due to stress, Westeros is going to be interesting in the coming years.

• 2Like
Reactions:
A wonderful summary of the reign of Aurion Targaryen, with him gone his heir is going to have to pick up the pieces left behind, at least he is competent, the current king's heir however....yeah, judging from the previous screenshots Taegar has BIG shoes to fill especially with King Maelyx having the stressed trait, that's an ongoing RNG there if you suddenly get a king who died due to stress, Westeros is going to be interesting in the coming years.
Indeed Taegar needs to fill some pretty BIG shoes . Maelyx is stressed and 39 - not too old to considered khm old but not too young to have ehm a youthfull health - stress included. I 'm looking foward what the next course of actions this will cause :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
It certainly goes to show just how important and towering of a figure Aurion was when the summary of his reign is basically long enough to be a standalone chapter lmao.

Also, though, what’s this I spy about Maester-in-Training Taegon having a (presumably illegitimate) child? I guess Vaeron isn’t the only one breaking his sworn oath by sowing some royal oats.
Good catch, that will be explained in the near chapter, Taegons situation at the Citadel will be...interesting, being a Targaryen prince at the Citadel does come with its perks and priveleges (and its dangers...)

King Aurin will cast a very big shadow for a very long time. My king may you know no more pain and your labors cease. What happens to Vhagar? Thank you for this wonderful retrospective on a great, great man and several very special dragons.
His shadow will be cast on individuals as well as the realm as a whole as the next POV will show. Vhagar is heavily wounded but still alive in the Dragonpit.

Thanks for the dragon and reign summaries. Taken together, there is some very striking AI art in there, especially the portraits through the years of Aurion.
Thank you, Aurions AI art is some of my favorite as I think it remained fairly consistent throughout the years.

Also, I didn't realize that a crannogman shot down Moondancer, taking the dragon out of commission. Why did more enemies of the Targaryens not take advantage of this discovery and try to use poison against their dragons?
Good point, those events did happen decades ago so they may have just been forgotten, but just as I responded to this I realized that there is potential for this to be mentioned again in the future.

A well written summary in a well written AAR. Sorry if i joined to the discussion late:) rest assured i read and lurked:D. Rest well your Grace you earned it! May the new king Maelyx's reign start as a peaceful and a prosperous one but we will seee what fate holds for him. He is already 39 soo maybe he 'll has a long reign liked old king Jaehaerys or .... perhaps . He already has multiple sons we will see if Taegar can hold up as a Prince of Dragonstone.
Thank you for the suppourt!

Thats a good point, particularly with Nyel and Alicent, Targaryen rulers so far have mostly had very supportive spouses. Vaemonds death and decline was quite sad I agree.

Thank you! Maelyx is competent, but he will have a different style than his father. Westeros (and Maelyx) will have some interesting situations to contend with for sure.

ndeed Taegar needs to fill some pretty BIG shoes . Maelyx is stressed and 39 - not too old to considered khm old but not too young to have ehm a youthfull health - stress included. I 'm looking foward what the next course of actions this will cause
Thank you for the suppourt, Taegar will have some personal growth that might be considered positive, but Taegar (and numerous members of the coming generation) will be involved in things that morally good characters are not associated with as well.

-To All: Thank you for the support and very insightful comments, and I apologize for the long wait!

Unfortunately I do have some news that is not great in regards to the AAR, I am graduating in around a month and am quite busy at the moment, and a while after graduation I will likely be pursuing some opportunities that means I may not have access to a computer for several months. This means that updates will continue to be pretty sparse as they have been for a while, and there may be a long ''on-hold'' period though I will make sure I give an update on that when I have more information.

To be clear, this AAR is not ending, and I would like to continue it for a long time, but I am at an interesting period in my life where I have not had much time to spend on the AAR. Because of this, new chapters will be infrequent and sporadic, but what I may do is post individual POV's as opposed to full chapters just so I am able to post occasionally as opposed to taking months on a new chapter.

Again, thank you all for your support, I have loved writing this AAR. I will go ahead and post a single POV chapter shortly.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Chapter 62: What is Left Behind (143-144 AC) (Vaeron, Maelyx, Sefton Seafyre) (Part 1) New
11th Moon, 143 AC
Mountains of Kingsgrave, the Princes Pass, Dorne

Music Reccomendation: Mhysa Ramin Djawadi

It was a beautiful day in the Dornish mountains, the sky was a clear blue and a pleasant wind was upon the air, in normal circumstances, Vaeron Targaryen would have considered it a pleasant day, but the weather did not match his mood, as today was the day his kingly brother would be sent to his final rest.

His brothers death had come as a shock to Vaeron, whom had been captured by Velaryons Essosi mercenaries following Tridaxes death and descent from the skies of Kings Landing, he was swiftly taken to the rear and placed under armed guard, but not before he had seen Aurion and Vhagar defeat Moondancer and Monford Velaryon in a ferocious dance, spelling doom to any chance the attackers had to take the city, and causing half the enemy to flee to their ships, while Vaerons captors remained trapped north of the Blackwater rush.

And yet, even as he was imprisoned he felt that something was wrong, Aurion and his sons would have surely sallied out of the city to put an end to the remnants of Velaryons men by now….no doubt they assumed him dead and would not hold back from attacking on his account, though Vaeron did not complain about the lack of an attack, such a battle would only end in his death he knew as the desperate Essosi would seek to inflict some measure of revenge before their slaughter….he had fully expected to be dragged from his tent in the late hours of the night and executed, yet the footsteps had never come, though Vaeron had imagined them more times than he cared to admit.

That night he heard whispers and rumors from his guards that the King was dead, but Vaeron had put no stock in such words, he had seen his brother cast down Velaryon and Moondancer with his own eyes, and it was entirely possible they were referring to Monford Velaryon, who had styled himself as King in his own right, regardless of the truth, Vaeron had no intentions of drawing any further attention to himself and asking his captors for clarification.

After several hours, when he had thought it unlikely he was going to be immediately executed, the exhausted Kingsguard had allowed himself to fall into an uneasy sleep.

The footsteps came in the morning.

Without warning, he had been pulled from his cot and dragged in front of the camp of survivors, spears and swords aimed at every inch of his body, Vaeron had shouted and begged for mercy but his cries went unanswered, as instead of being dragged to the center of the camp he was taken in front of the camp, in sight of the city walls, where his white cloak was affixed to a pole and brandished to the defenders, among them his nephew Yraenor, who had said not a word and stormed off.

Vaeron, feeling foolish for assuming he was going to be executed instead of used as a hostage, resolved to carry himself with more dignity, though the days that followed were nerve wracking as his captors made it no secret that if they were not given safe passage he would be slain, Vaeron only kept his nerve with the reassurance that his brother Aurion would not let him die like a dog…and yet, with every day that passed, the feeling that something was wrong increased.

Finally, after days of captivity, he was awoken by the sounds of movement in the camp, as Velaryons Essosi mercenaries began to break camp and march south across the shallow parts of the Blackwater rush back to their ships, Targaryen and Crownlander forces having recently abandoned the positions and allowing them to cross unopposed, When most of the Essosi were far out to sea, Vaeron was cut loose, and his armor and sword Dark Sister were returned to him, and he was unceremoniously pointed in the direction of the city walls.

Legs cramped from inexersise and chains, he had slowly made it to the city gates, and had been expecting to be greeted by his brother Aurion, whom had clearly negotiated safe passage for the enemy for his own life, and yet instead of his brother that awaited him, Alicent and his nephews Vaegon and Yraenor had stood…..and Alicents dress was one of black….it had been then that Vaeron had known…his older brother….the young prince whom Vaeron had watched grow into a King, the man that had protected him as a child…..was dead, and it had been his nephew Maelyx who had forgone vengeance to negotiate his life.

The days that followed were a blur, Aurion was burned rather quickly in a small private ceremony following Maelyx’s return from the Narrow Sea, where he had rescued his daughter Shaelle from captivity on Driftmark. His nephew clearly understood the dangers that followed in the period of succession, he needed to be crowned as soon as possible without delay, and Alicent had confided in him that most of the city and realm believed that Aurion had died in defense of the realm of wounds sustained in battle rather than natural causes, and the new King was eager to keep that truth, and too many funeral guests might raise question of the absence of wounds on the Kings body…Maelyx meant to honor his fathers legacy at a later point, but for now it had been decided that Maelyx would ride to Oldtown to be crowned with due haste, while Vaeron would escort the late Kings ashes to Dorne, along with the new Dowager Queen Alicent.

Vaeron gave a slight glance beside him, Alicent sat ahorse, dressed in a black mourning outfit, and it seemed to him that a light had gone out of her eyes, it hurt him to see her like that, when he had been a young child, Alicent had always been kind to him and his siblings following her arrival to the Red Keep as Aurions bride…the years had distanced them, and changed their roles, and yet Vaeron felt a fierce determination….he had failed his brother Aurion many times, but he would not fail Alicent….or her children.

B4H26IFgA0vXSNLHS8S1GAQg2CPIms6dEbnRT_vfJAERO5amG4GefobslgRdbHhxMm-m44aRwhFOfGXDqpBO55q-ZEz5bENAV_IQtdHtjF1bTI8CYG7piJaedgYJZ6QlhFjFQnD1-jYMjGNBhhhfze0

They continued riding in silence for quite a while through the winding sandy roads of the Princes Pass, until quite suddenly Vaeron caught a glimpse of white marble in the near distance….they had arrived at the Dragons Sepulcher, the tomb that his brother Aurion had commissioned for his eventual rest years ago….now completed.

NvnInHLoguX6vC2Uw2TRHhoeBleg2iUdJdRQzemnl5Co20cHzhmdzYelKQBl5_FljTGdCOInUIp9UC8bBv1tBSbu2oskT01juyYobceUOhwT063hr4yoNahnv75AOyOyFlIMec8qjF-htWClBHjabAA

As far as tombs went, it was not overly large, yet it made up for this with its stately and elegant appearance, the whole building constructed of beautiful white marble, with images of dragons carved into the rock, Vaeron had to admit it was quite a sight, rising from the red, orange and brown cliffs around it, his brother had always spoken of how there was not one Kingdom in the realm half so beautiful as Dorne, and Vaeron was inclined to agree with him.

qTFguZBQS-8szRPCVZzsmeU-6jkEF6apMXDeTsXHpQeIQUgiYnMKpVRBvW3299rRKwpW5JbnP-OoTFf1HZBVrDqBLHX3eapIdrYhWSPM8cHs00XoeedGZHdWit4x9vOT5STFUYaXF1KgQPRZVnpV6DM

Clearly expecting their arrival, a dozen Silent Sisters emerged from the tomb, clad in their typical modest robes, their eyes downcast as they walked down the marble steps towards Vaeron and the retinue, being led by what appeared to be the eldest of them, holding a pole with burning incense.

For a moment, Vaeron could almost see his former lover Aelinor in the crowd, smiling beneath her robes, but the Lord Commander quickly banished such thoughts from his mind, feeling shamed and he lowered his eyes out of respect to the approaching Silent Sisters.

The Silent Sisters made their way through the retinue who respectfully parted, allowing the Sisters to access the light wooden casket which had borne the ashes and bones of his brother Aurion from Kings Landing all the way to Dorne.

The Sisters set upon the task quickly, taking hold of the casket with poles and ascending the marble steps towards the sepulcher, though this time they departed not in silence, for a young girl, the only one among them without a headscarf, began to swing sweetly, filling the crisp air with soft hymns of pious nature, as they grew further away towards the cliff top, the songs faded sadly away until nothing more could be heard.

Vaeron, after ensuring the Silent Sisters had safely reached the sepulcher, dismounted and barked a command for the retinue to begin making camp and to set up the Queen Mothers Tent….they would journey no further today, taking the day to rest and mourn.

Vaeron turned, and saw Alicent had wandered off to a nearby cliffside, sitting upon a sand weathered red stone, looking out into the horizon, Vaeorn approached hesitantly and Alicent, sensing his presence, gestured him to join her, the Lord Commander doing as he was bid sitting on a nearby rock.

‘’Me and Aurion traveled to Dorne many times, it was our first trip together in fact….but always through Stoneway when I accompanied him…he always spoke of the beauties of the Princes Pass….I see now that he spoke the truth…he promised me once that we would travel together to see this tomb…he spoke true on that as well….but not in the way I had imagined.’’ Alicent said sadly.

‘’My brother had a good sense of such things.’’ Vaeron said, talking in the view of red and orange cliffs and canyons, stretching as far as the eye could see.

After a few moments of enjoying the peaceful silence, Alicent slowly took his gloved hand in her own.

‘’He was proud of you Vaeron….he spoke of it often…..even when I had first arrived it was clear…he always knew you would be a Kingsguard…and he always knew he could trust his family in your care.’’ She said, a sad smile drawn on her face.

The words hit Vaeron as if he were slapped.

He was proud of you Vaeron thought bitterly in his mind And for what….Aemorys…Aelor, Aelinor, Lomas….now he knows all of it….every ugly secret…every broken oath…whatever pride he may have had is long gone

He turned his face slightly so that Alicent could not see his discomfort, looking in the direction of the tomb, and seeing that the Silent Sisters were standing in front of the Sepulcher, heads bowed, their tasks complete.

‘’They have finished.’’ Vaeron said, clearing the bile from his throat..

‘’Go to him….he was your brother before I was his wife…and I would enjoy the view a moment longer.’’ Alicent said gently and Vaeron nodded.

It was a long ascent to the top, and all the while the same words tore at his mind and soul.

He was proud of you He thought once again, the words attacking him with every step.

The Silent Sisters respectfully parted as he finally made it to the top, allowing him to enter the Sepulcher alone, the pleasant smell of incense heavy on the cool air of the marble sepulcher.

The inside of the temple was expansive but sparse and simple, with only two features of note in the center of the large room. There were two tombs, one carved of black dragonglass and the other of white marble. On the white casket was carved the likeness of a young woman…Alicent, and on the other was his brother…..the masons had done a good job with his brothers younger likeness, capturing his broad shoulders, long mane of curly hair, his beard and a soft smile, his carved hands gripped the likeness of a blade…Blackfyre.

Vaeron knelt before the casket, and memories came unbidden to his mind, memories of running into his brothers arms after hearing of their mothers death, then years later he had knelt before his brother much like he had now to accept his Kingsguard cloak….and now he had come before his brother a final time.

He wanted to reach out and take his brother's carved hand…and yet such an act would only profane his brother's final rest and he resisted, instead looking into the likeness of his face.

‘’Now you know what type of man I am…..you know my sins, my broken oaths, you never truly knew me….but you do now…I stand before you as who I truly am…..are you still proud brother?’’ Vaeron said bitterly, not able to help his voice from quavering slightly.

Silence.

Vaeron sighed deeply and pushed himself to his feet, a harder task than it had been just even a few years ago. The eyes of his brother seemed to follow him as he stood.

Vaeron Targaryen unbuckled his sword belt slowly, taking the sheathed Dark Sister in his hands, memories of how his brother had given him the blade after the murder of their uncle Aemorys heavy on his mind.

The man you gave this blade to never existed Vaeron thought to himself, his mind made up.

Well what can be given can be returned….may a better man than me wield it in the future Vaeron thought to himself as he placed the sword of Visenya upon his brother's carved tomb.

Without a further look, Vaeron turned and marched out of the tomb, feeling lighter than he had ever been in the past, and not because of the absent weight of his sword.

Hours later, Alicent found him sitting at the same rock they had spoken at earlier, staring out into the canyons, the sky pink and blue as the final rays of sunlight retreated.

He noticed that Alicent no longer wore the Hightower cloak about her shoulders she had been wearing previously before she had ascended to Aurions tomb.

Alicent noticed his look and smiled softly ‘’I see we both have left him something.’’

Vaeron nodded, his eyes still fixed on the horizon ‘’Yes…but not as much as he left us.’’

The sun set on the mountains of Dorne and King Aurion was sent to his rest.

Last edited:
  • 3Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Unfortunately I do have some news that is not great in regards to the AAR, I am graduating in around a month and am quite busy at the moment, and a while after graduation I will likely be pursuing some opportunities that means I may not have access to a computer for several months. This means that updates will continue to be pretty sparse as they have been for a while, and there may be a long ''on-hold'' period though I will make sure I give an update on that when I have more information.
Congratulations to you! Well done, @streaker77 . This is an important and crucial time for you as you are no doubt tired of hearing from people. So that has to take precedence. From my experience, your readers will patiently wait for you. (And don't we all wait for GRRM?) Take care of those important issues. We will benefit from your focus returning here when it is refreshed. Very much appreciate the creativity you bring to this AAR and the forum.

• 2Like
Reactions:
First of all, yea, congrats on graduating! It’s most definitely not bad news that your life is full of interesting new opportunities (even though I will miss my regular fix of this AAR desperately haha), so go with whatever approach to writing best suits your situation!

In any case, this was a great little POV. Vaeron has been through a lot lately (a sentence that has been true basically every day of his life), and it’s good to see both him and Alicent finding ways to soldier on in spite of their grief. In death Aurion proved to be more approachable for Vaeron’s honesty than he had seemed in life. (I do hope someone actually grabs Dark Sister on the way out though lmao, would be a shame to leave that just laying out in the desert. Did you actually remove the artifact from Vaeron in-game as well or was this purely a lore thing?)

• 2Like
Reactions:
But that is great news for you! Congratulations. :) You must of course take all the time you need and I’m sure all your readers, myself definitely included, wish you great luck and fortune in this important coming phase of your life.
To be clear, this AAR is not ending, and I would like to continue it for a long time, but I am at an interesting period in my life where I have not had much time to spend on the AAR.
That is good to hear - and if GRRM can take years off before returning to his concluding volume(s) I think anything less that that will be counted as a bonus by your readership. Just make sure you have copies of all you need in duplicate or triplicate on different and well labelled storage devices before you embark on your extended break! (Speaking from experience there :D).

Knowing this, I will take my time in reviewing and commenting on the latest chapter. Just wanted to respond to your announcement in a timely way.

• 1Like
Reactions: