• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heavy Field Artillery Brigade 1938 (21cm Gun) +10 softattack, defense +6, art-strike 10, -8% org, infantry only
Heavy Field Artillery Brigade 1942 (24cm Gun) +12 softattack, defense +8, -10% org, art-dtrike 12, infantry only
Expensive and slow (-2) but excellent fire suppot featuring high softattack values and artillery strike according to calibre.
Takes some div org away cause of great effort to transport,pack,unpack mount and support/supply very heavy art shells
Unit can and will be recruited by ai...especially SOV and US
IC values are not final
You've certainly captured my interest, chris. I think your rationale for game effects is well thought out but, picking up the major's last point, do you plan to include production bonuses or penalties? These things weren't easy to turn out and required a certain level of manufacturing plant and metallurgical expertise.

You've certainly captured my interest, chris. I think your rationale for game effects is well thought out but, picking up the major's last point, do you plan to include production bonuses or penalties? These things weren't easy to turn out and required a certain level of manufacturing plant and metallurgical expertise.
Well...Germany did not built a lot of them but it did...the player has the agony of choice where to spent his IC...I will really work the new brigades and rework some of the the existing ones to assure that the choice wont be as easy as each brigade and sometimes each model offer a different value which can be of advantage in certain situations..Stugs for example will give little org and morale making them more interesting and easier to choose rather just to equip selfpropelled artillery to everything which will have a little org and toughness loss cause of low ammunition carriage and the involved difficultys to maintain these units supplied during combat and their low armour and open turrets making them vulnerable to any sort of attack (tank,air,infantry)..

all in all I will keep things simple, plausible and balanced but with a greater choice of equipment...:)

EDIT Iam thinking about making the Assault Gun tree available for Russia too cause unlike US and UK they built considerably series of Assault Guns although its a bit of a mess with their tank destroyers and not easy to determine which one goes into which tree

do you intend to add a penalty for german/SOV CV production to reflect the weaker shipyards?
wooowoowooh...slow down;)...I will deal with production later when I have finished all the other stuff..this will take a while...but I have projected the production figures more or less and not only for CV...

Last edited:
my point was that eg german shipyards suffered heavily under the restricions of the versailles treaty.
and while the german economy was stronger than eg the japanese the japanese did build more ships (i'll leave the subs out here).

and this is not reflected in the game as its only IC for everything, no matter how the places of production were historically. iirc HSR had events for that.

Chris said:
all in all I will keep things simple, plausible and balanced but with a greater choice of equipment..

sure, i just thought i'll mention a few things which bother me regularly. just code your own ideas and if you're done with that and still motivated...

and this is not reflected in the game as its only IC for everything, no matter how the places of production were historically.
this is one of the main flaws in the game design (which is certainly owed to the need to commercialize a product and make it accessable to a wide range of more unexperienced or casual players)...relax,not gonna happen here

These things weren't easy to turn out and required a certain level of manufacturing plant and metallurgical expertise....
which Germany certainly had ...designed by Rheinmetall and built by Krupp there where 2 artillery regiments using the 21cm gun and the 24 cm gun was used by 84th artillery regiment and featured a very innovative mount ,unmount and transport system which did no needed a crane thus making the gun usable as field artillery.....all units participated in the siege of Sevastopol and Leningrad...so did 60cm Mortar Karl and 80cm rail gun Gustav

as a little comparison...In WWII Germany built 2 80cm railway guns, 25 28cmk5 railway guns, 4 38cm k3 railway guns , 7 60cm Mortars Karl (Gerät 041) and a buch of other heavy and überheavy artillery...
in WWI Germany had the Paris Gun which was a super heavy field gun able to shell Paris from 120km !!! away...the gun and plans had been completely destroyed to not allow allies to capture it neither its technology
have a look at wiki...nice article with photos

Last edited:
I'd very much like for this mod to work, but it looks like it can't now... :(

I got a message from Chris10 on the TWC forum and he said that he is only under a 3-day ban here on the Paradox Forum. He will be back at Friday 14.00 middle euro time.

I am not sure why he got banned, because I just re-read all the posts on this "The definite 1936-1946 WWII scenario" thread and did not see anything that broke Paradox rules. Anyway, he will be back in a couple days and he is excited to start working on his mod again.

I got a message from Chris10 on the TWC forum and he said that he is only under a 3-day ban here on the Paradox Forum. He will be back at Friday 14.00 middle euro time.

I am not sure why he got banned, because I just re-read all the posts on this "The definite 1936-1946 WWII scenario" thread and did not see anything that broke Paradox rules. Anyway, he will be back in a couple days and he is excited to start working on his mod again.
Ah ok, great, I guess...

which Germany certainly had ...designed by Rheinmetall and built by Krupp there where 2 artillery regiments using the 21cm gun and the 24 cm gun was used by 84th artillery regiment and featured a very innovative mount ,unmount and transport system which did no needed a crane thus making the gun usable as field artillery.....all units participated in the siege of Sevastopol and Leningrad...so did 60cm Mortar Karl and 80cm rail gun Gustav

Yep. Up with that, and again your research is impeccable. But should I infer from this and your previous reply that these brigades will only be available to Germany? If so I think there might be a rationale issue since a number of other nations did build heavy and super-heavy railroad guns, and some walloping great towed equipments as well. If not then the production bonuses/maluses issue is back in play.

Really like the way this is shaping.

NB! Because an author of this mod, chris10, can't access the user modifications sub-forum due to some technical problems anymore he continues his thread in the AoD main forum. He welcomes you there.

Last edited: