• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What a sad chapter! Hoping young Swaefraed takes up the mantle and stops those northern horse lords.

I, a mighty duke, an even mightier General, the last anglo-saxon ruler.... Defeated so easily.
Soon the news of my defeat will reach the capital, the Emperor's ear, the other nobles courts...
All of this is too much to bear. All the prestige I fought for, all the glory I earned in my people's name, all lost.
Did the stress take him... or... in his defeat... was it his own hand?

Reactions:
Pride goeth before the fall... but how were you defeated so quickly?

Let's hope that the Anglo-Saxons in Crimea can recover from this utter humiliation.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A sad chapter indeed, particularly as it started so well. As always the CK Succession screen is a truly harsh judge, surely his time as a general for the Empire was more notable than that?

Swaefraed II does look very fighty with that large martial score, which is a shame as his dad was very fighty and yet still lost to the horse-botherers. Hopefully he can at least avoid the severe stress Aethelfrith suffered from.

Reactions: