• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Will George finally give the scroll to the Emperor?
- Will Captain Mainwarings heart survive another meeting with the Emperor?
- Will Colonel Blimp find his way to dinner?
- Will Sir Neville become more understanding towards the SyNDieZ?

-I hope so.
-I hope so, too.
-I hope so, otherwise the AAR can be ruined by the sounds coming from his empty stomach.
-I don't think so.

I wonder what would had happened if the Emperor and sir Neville had met.

I am sorry, but no update today. I hope to post one this week though.

Dear George,

does the Colonel have sources that could tell us a tale of the dreadful and dreary life in the Union?

Way ahead of you. Comrade Blackadder, assistant to the adjunct of the junior-manager of the Dagenham Plant will have a properly bureaucratic adventure on the exiting world of middle-management in a syndicalist planned economy, run by bored, tired and generally uncaring bureaucrats. Do not miss this exiting episode!!!!

-I hope so.

I wonder what would had happened if the Emperor and sir Neville had met.

I have a feeling the two might meet :D.

The banquet, or how Captain Mainwaring saved the Anglo-Japanese treaty

Mainwaring hoped to forget his enouncer with the mad Japanese Emperor as soon as possible. Did those Canadians really want to ally with such people? George was still holding a dusty old scroll. The young chap claimed he won it by defeating some Jap warrior and had to give it to the Emperor, where did he even get those ideas?

The banquet started a short time later. Fortunately he and George where seated on a different table than that unstable Emperor. Mainwaring had to admit that for a nation of barbarians the decoration of the room was exquisite. The food was a different tale, didn’t those Jappo’s understand that fish had to be cooked before being served? And what was with all that rice? That wasn’t a good base for a proper meal? Mainwaring decided to make the best of it. They would be home soon anyway. According to the Colonel the Japanese had no intention to join forces with Canada anyway.
Reluctantly Mainwaring started to chew on some raw fish. He was surprised to find out it tasted rather good, but for some reason none of the Japanese on his table had touched the stuff. Those barbarians didn’t understand good food.

sushi.jpg

Example of the barbarian, uncooked food.

“Captain, will you excuse me. I have a scroll to deliver.”

“No George, stay where you are!!!”

But Mainwaring was too late. George sprinted to the Emperor, only to be grabbed by several angry looking Japanese guards. He managed to throw the scroll to the Emperor, hitting his Imperial highness in the face. Poor, poor George, Mainwaring could only imagine what the penalty for throwing dusty old antiques at Royalty was. Back in old Blighty they would hang you for that. But to his surprise the Emperor ordered his guards to release George!

“Members of GLORIOUS Japanese government, honoured guests of less GLORIOUS nation of Canada. Till today I thought your nation was just another bunch of cowardly roundeyed monkeys. It shames me to admit I was wrong. This feeble looking young officer beat great warrior and earn this anciets scroll. If there are more such heroes among you, I would be honoured to sign treaty.”

“Well, Captain Mainwaring is really brave. He once faced Mrs. Carr’s full fury by stealing an applepie. Nobody ever dared steal one of her pies before…”

mainwaring2.jpg

The brave captain, after stealing an applepie.

Why did the boy had to involve him in this business? Suddenly one of the Japanese officers on his table stood up.

“Excuse me, your Imperial highness, the young boy is right. This Mainwaring-sama, he ate all fugu on this table without second thought. He must be really brave.”

“The old man who dared ask me directions, I should have known. Fugu, if not properly prepard, is highly poisonous. I as Emperor am forbidden to eat it. Only a truly brave man would eat as much as he did. Gentlemen of lesser empire of Canada. It would be my honour to sign the treaty.”

“By golly, I always knew you where a hero Captain. All those times you where sleeping at your desk you must just have been saving energy.”

“We will stand shoulder by shoulder crushing all before us: the cowardly Chinese, the evil Germans, the dumb Russians…”

“And the dastardly Syndies…” Mainwaring added. If he was to be a hero he might as well speak up, even if his stomach protested.

“Syndie. Are you calling me, the Emperor SYNDIE?"

“Well”

“ARE YOU CALLING ME A SYNDIE!!!!”

“Ehrmm”

“TheRe aRE nO SYNdieZ In NihoN!!!”

The two guard now grabbed the Emperor, dragging him away.

“SYNdieZ eVeRYwHeRe. WE MUST STOP THEM!!!”

A high ranking general stood up. “We apologise, the Emperor react strongly to syndicalist threat, we will sign treaty as soon as he recovers.”

“SYNdieZ!!!!”

#############################
Canada has a new ally in the highly unstable Emperor. Will Canada find more friends in the world?

Find out in the next episode…

Last edited:
Lol, nice update!

I think that Chamberlain and the Emperor must have ''shared'' some time in the good ol' days back home in London... :D :rofl:

lesser glorious Canada, brilliant...

Ask George:

1. Will you go home now?
2. If not, what nation do you visit next?

Tim

The banquet started a short time later. Fortunately he and George where seated on a different table than that unstable Emperor. Mainwaring had to admit that for a nation of barbarians the decoration of the room was exquisite. The food was a different tale, didn’t those Jappo’s understand that fish had to be cooked before being served? And what was with all that rice?

Quite big culture shock for British-Canadian guests. :D

Marvellous accidental progress, as long as such blind luck holds how can anything possibly go wrong?

Will Canada find more friends in the world?

With friends like these, who needs enemies!?

With friends like these, who needs enemies!?

Who needs enemies when they have Chamberlain? :p

George, a silly question.

Now you've fulfilled your mission in Japan, why not going to a trip to Spain? :D

Looks like Canada has secured Japan as an ally, but will it be enough?

Dear George,

Good show with delivering the scroll, you've got a good arm on you.
And Captain Mainwaring? What do you think Canada will do when the United States collapses from their little depression?

Gideon

Unfortunately writing papers tends to eat ones time. I hope to have an update friday.

Perhaps George will pop in to answer some questions before then ;).

Intermezzo

"Are we there yet captain?"

"No George, we have left the harbour of Yokohama an hour ago. You can still see the Japanese mainland. We are not THERE yet. Please stop asking me every minute if we are in Canada yet again..."

"But is has been so very long ago that I had an adventure..."

"Not long ago enough if you ask me. But it seems that the writer if lazy yet again."

"No I'm not. I am very busy writing a paper. ts about the clash of Clausewitzian concepts with the theories of Van Creveld, using the Malayan Emergency as case."

"That sounds very... interesting. Yawn."

"Well, the theories of Sir Robert thompson are very interesting. Very suited to combat Syndies".

"Syndies, syndies. WHy aRe YoU taLkinG AbOut sYndieZ..."

"What the heck. What is sir Neville doing on the ship?"

"Well, this intermezzo needed some comic relief and the people seem to love Sir Neville.."

"I feel a migraine coming up..."

"Syndiez, SyNdIez eVerYwHere... THERE AFTER MEEEEEE."

As mentioned I am busy writing my thesis at the moment. This means I will update my AARs less regularly than I would like, sorry. I hope to post a proper update this week.

Ouch, that hurts. I know too well.

Thesis, I mean. Well, migraines hurts too. But that's another kind of pain.

The grand "I won a prize, hurrah" special

"Captain, captain, big news!!!"

"Sigh, what is it this time George. Did you see Queen Victoria's image in your toast again?"

"No, no, it is even bigger news, even if I did see the image of Queen Victoria in my toast again. I tell you, that can't be coinsidence. Yesterday she even spoke to me after I hit my head. She had something very important to tell..."

"Perhaps he will go away if I ignore him..."

"...but then again, how could I save Britain dressed like that. But what I wanted to tell you, captain, is that we won an award!!! We are the AARland choice's best Comedy!!! Hurrah and huzzah."

"George, once again: liberating Old Blighty from the syndicalists is NOT in any way funny. It is an epic struggle of good against evil, you will not laugh and thats an order. Besides, some tale about Albanians got as much votes as we got..."

"Albanians, that is madness!"

"No George, that is ALBANIA."

"Albanians, AlbANianS EverYWheRe..."

"Oh no, not this again. That lazy writer really needs to think on new jokes this is getting stale."

"Indeed, we are not amused"

"George? Did you hit your head again?"

"We did not peasant. You will adress us as queen Victoria."

"What did I do wrong in a past life to deserve this..."

"AlbANiAnS!!!"

#############

Blimp will return very, very soon. Now whit more:
- Victorian Secrets
- Crosdressing Germans
- Mustacioed Heroes
- Raving Nevilles

In short, no reason to not read this AAR!

"It zeems ze British are too busy aguing to notize ze infiltration by me, ze brilliant Abwehr-spy, Herr Flick. Dressed up as ze French maid I have infiltrated ze staff of ze Colonel. Now peasants, I give you ze chance to ask me questions. You may be grateful now."