• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an addition to the Wales/Cornwall/Breton debate. I agree Wales was far too easy to form right from the get go.

There are two types of Celtic languages that survive. Brythonic and Goidelic.

Goidelic Celtic nations; Ireland, Scotland (especially the Isles) and Manx (the isle of Mann). All of these languages are heavily influenced by Viking words especially in words relating to commerce and trade. Scot's Gaelic and Irish Gaelic are very similar, I actually had a conversation with a native speaker (I'm Irish) from one of the northern Scottish Islands recently when travelling through Georgia and accent aside. I could sort of understand him, although who can understand the Scots speaking English. :p Manx is different, far more Viking influence than other Goidelic languages.

Brythronic languages - Welsh, Cornish and Breton. I'm unsure on the similarities of these languages even to Irish but it seems odd to add Brittany into the Welsh Kingdom. I'd rather the big blue blob tried to conquer it over a Welsh kingdom spread indefensibly over random chunks of land.

In earlier times (1066s), there were probably much more Celtic languages in Britain close to the Scottish and Welsh borders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_languages - Comparison table is interesting for me. :)

Last edited:
I don't seem to have a problem with the +20. As for ERE (Byzantium) I do not think they are overpowered. The HRE is a lot more powerfull and France seems to blob and take Spain in most of my games. I found Byzantium to be enjoyable. Perhapes random events for Byzantium or alterations in the interaction between dukes and their lord will help create imbalance. Playing in both HRE and ERE I can tell you HRE needs to.be.nerfed way more then Byzantium. It is almost impossible to declare independence from them and in 1.3b take kn Sicily Africa France and Spain before.the mongols show.

Well, nobody else is getting the +20.

In Darrigan's Lotharingia mod, there's an extra creation/usurpation trigger (in landed_titles) for Lotharingia. It looks like:

Code:
# Creation/usurpation trigger
  # MUST BE PUT AT THE BOTTOM! DO NOT BRING TO TOP!
  allow = {
    OR = {
            AND = {
              has_landed_title = d_lower_lorraine
              has_landed_title = d_upper_lorraine
                   }
            AND = {
              any_vassal = { has_landed_title = d_lower_lorraine }
              any_vassal = { has_landed_title = d_upper_lorraine }
                   }
            AND = {
              has_landed_title = d_lower_lorraine
              any_vassal = { has_landed_title = d_upper_lorraine }
                   }
            AND = {
              any_vassal = { has_landed_title = d_lower_lorraine }
              has_landed_title = d_upper_lorraine

Something similar could be added for a kingdom of Wales;probably using the duchies of Gwynedd and Deheubarth, maybe, if you want to make it harder*, Cornwall** too, especially if Brittany is included. Adding Cornwall and/or Brittany (I prefer both), would make Wales a decent sized kingdom.

(*= even a Wales, which includes Brittany and Cornwall, has 14 provinces; in contrast in the vanilla set up Lotharingia would have 25 provinces.)

(**= maybe only if you're duke of Deheubarth or Gwynedd)

Last edited:
How about having the 'english' border counties as a requirement for Wales to form as a Kingdom. Not as de jure counties of the Kingdom but giving any potential Welsh King the requirement of having a buffer zone in order to found the Kingdom.

Weirdly, nothing in the patch about fixing the issue where you don't get the +20 relations bonus when giving a close child as a ward. I mentioned that in the bugs forum and they said they were aware of it, but it's not mentioned in this bug fix list :(

Weirdly, nothing in the patch about fixing the issue where you don't get the +20 relations bonus when giving a close child as a ward. I mentioned that in the bugs forum and they said they were aware of it, but it's not mentioned in this bug fix list :(

maybe it wasnt high enough prority? or it was harder than expected to solve

Too bad. I don't think the AI handles the levy reinforcement situation well. This seems to cause wars to carry on too long favoring defenders. Only they initially can maximally reinforce after the initial clash of armies and the attacker might suffer revolts, civil war and ruler death.

I've watched stalemates carry on for years, while the winning power has huge reserves it is not calling up simply because it can't. I'd even be happy if the troops could be raised and sent to reinforce the armies in the field.

Last edited:

Its not only that. A bunch of events have modifiers that last one day like this one because no duration is set... I assume they'll fix them over time.

Too bad. I don't think the AI handles the levy reinforcement situation well. This seems to cause wars to carry on too long favoring defenders. Only they initially can maximally reinforce after the initial clash of armies and the attacker might suffer revolts, civil war and ruler death.

I've watched stalemates carry on for years, while the winning power has huge reserves it is not calling up simply because it can't. I'd even be happy if the troops could be raised and sent to reinforce the armies in the field.

That's more of an AI problem than problem with levies. I like how it is at the moment and doesn't it wouldn't really make sense that someone freshly trained in say York, magically appears in my army that's laying siege to Paris. The AI just needs to know when to disband and re-raise levies better.

So... there's a possibility that it will not be save game compatible?.. What?

This really does need to be talked about a bit more, to stop people losing all their save files!

Also, what is the ETA on the patch itself? I heard Friday, so today, but then other people are saying within a week? Which is it?

Sam,

So... there's a possibility that it will not be save game compatible?.. What?

This really does need to be talked about a bit more, to stop people losing all their save files!

Also, what is the ETA on the patch itself? I heard Friday, so today, but then other people are saying within a week? Which is it?

Sam,

Wait before you patch for other people to comment. Paradox patch policy is always that continuity for pre-patch games is not guaranteed, though in practice only when they change the save file structure does this typically amounts to a certainty.

Nothing prevents you from finishing your current game before patching, tho.

The devs gave a rough estimate about a week ago that the patch would be released today, so I expect it will be released within the next few days, if not today.

No fix for heavy armor last upgrade? It's 20% instead of 30%.

Status
Not open for further replies.