• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Errors? You sure you have the latest mod and DH patch versions? I never got any errors.

Oh! that's right, i had a very old version. But after downloading the last one it seems to work fine, in fact i've been testing the 1897 scenario and it's working fine.

If you tested the mod, then you must have seen that 1914 has some good pre ww2 industrial, communication and electronics techs spread in the industrial and secret tabs. Theres nice land, naval and air doctrines too for pre ww2 tactics. Same thing for the air and naval units techs, theres some techs that could buff up that particular era and it has special techs like the airship aircraft carrier you want to include.

In DH I like how the cavalry techs gives both units and brigades, but it continues to give cavalry brigades up to the end of the line, maybe at some point armored cars can replace cavalry techs and in turn armored techs replace them and this could make things a little more realistic. Real cavalry units techs will die in the late 20s, armored cars appear in ww1 and eventually give IFVs and the armored brigade is just a way to continue the line of light tanks after the medium tanks kill them in the late 30s. This could better represent the awkward position of the cavalry units, they arent motorized or mechanized but they are the ones who create modern mechanized (IFV) and also helicopter units.

If you tested the mod, then you must have seen that 1914 has some good pre ww2 industrial, communication and electronics techs spread in the industrial and secret tabs. Theres nice land, naval and air doctrines too for pre ww2 tactics. Same thing for the air and naval units techs, theres some techs that could buff up that particular era and it has special techs like the airship aircraft carrier you want to include.

In DH I like how the cavalry techs gives both units and brigades, but it continues to give cavalry brigades up to the end of the line, maybe at some point armored cars can replace cavalry techs and in turn armored techs replace them and this could make things a little more realistic. Real cavalry units techs will die in the late 20s, armored cars appear in ww1 and eventually give IFVs and the armored brigade is just a way to continue the line of light tanks after the medium tanks kill them in the late 30s. This could better represent the awkward position of the cavalry units, they arent motorized or mechanized but they are the ones who create modern mechanized (IFV) and also helicopter units.

Sorry but i think i don't get you well, do you mean that Cavalry brigades should be replaced by AC brigades? Could you develop your idea please?

While i await JRHINDO to explain more in a more detailed way his idea, i'm making a daily progress report, today the advancement has not been very big, however i think that i'm almost finished on this and soon i'll be able to start adapting the scenarios to the new TT:

The zeppelins are in:

121900n.jpg

Also are the armoured trains (which only add bonuses and supply consumption to infantry units)

2gt95av.jpg

And finaly the almost daily change to secret weapons tree only to include the airship from 1924 or the airship aircraft carrier, which is the same...

55pl5j.jpg

I must be missing it somehow. Where is the DL link?

While i await JRHINDO to explain more in a more detailed way his idea, i'm making a daily progress report, today the advancement has not been very big, however i think that i'm almost finished on this and soon i'll be able to start adapting the scenarios to the new TT:
Wait for some reason my earlier post got eaten by the interwebz...

So I had said something along the line of: "Yes you actually got the idea..."
Cavalry brigades should be replaced by AC brigades, in the late 20s or early 30s. So AC would stop being an independent tech line but researchable when researching cavalry techs (representing the change of tactical thoughts and the transformation of the cavalries).

Wait for some reason my earlier post got eaten by the interwebz...

So I had said something along the line of: "Yes you actually got the idea..."
Cavalry brigades should be replaced by AC brigades, in the late 20s or early 30s. So AC would stop being an independent tech line but researchable when researching cavalry techs (representing the change of tactical thoughts and the transformation of the cavalries).

Oh ok, i get it, so the cavalry divisions techs would give access to both cavalry divisions and cavalry brigades but from the 30s onwards, the cavalry brigades would disappear and they would be replaced by armoured cars, it's logical, but what then we do with the armoured car chain and what can we do with the remaining cavalry brigades?
son of liberty said:
I must be missing it somehow. Where is the DL link?

It was on megaupload, go ask it here www.fbi.gov

Also... an old request from my part, i'm not good moding graphic files, so if someone can or wants to modify the tc_icons.bmp file in order to include the new research categories (you'll find them just below) i would be very grateful.
The categories are:
Code:
RT_USER_2;Helicopter Design;;;;;;;;;;X
RT_USER_3;Spacecraft Design;;;;;;;;;;X
RT_USER_4;Space tests;;;;;;;;;;X
RT_USER_5;Naval testing;;;;;;;;;;X
RT_USER_6;Airship design;;;;;;;;;;X

And also... i'm starting to convert scenarios now, i'll leave the improvement of the naval tech tree for other version.

Last edited:
Just a question... how will this mod integrate along with the Francesco's one?

I don't know, i guess that it will be enough to change Francesco's models numbers both in filenames and in models.csv and it should be enough.

Oh ok, i get it, so the cavalry divisions techs would give access to both cavalry divisions and cavalry brigades but from the 30s onwards, the cavalry brigades would disappear and they would be replaced by armoured cars, it's logical, but what then we do with the armoured car chain and what can we do with the remaining cavalry brigades?
The Armored Car chain would cease to be an independent tech chain in the 30s, you'd have to research cavalry to get them (also free space yay). As for the cavalry brigade, well I guess its useless after that point maybe their only evolution could be bicycle "cavalry" and mechanized/motorcycle cavalry?

The Armored Car chain would cease to be an independent tech chain in the 30s, you'd have to research cavalry to get them (also free space yay). As for the cavalry brigade, well I guess its useless after that point maybe their only evolution could be bicycle "cavalry" and mechanized/motorcycle cavalry?

And mechanized cavalry (which i always thought that they don't differ from mechanized infantry) and air cavalry (which i don't want to renounce them and they should be only available at brigade level, BTW), uhmmm maybe i'll try your idea...

And mechanized cavalry (which i always thought that they don't differ from mechanized infantry)
Yep real mechanized cavalry proper is the modern mechanized infantry (guys with APCs/IFVs).

Also what will be the late war naval helicopters? Will they be the continuation of seaplanes?

It was on megaupload, go ask it here www.fbi.gov

LOL, I love your sense of humor. Also clever response to an earlier post asking you "Can Poland into Space?"

On a more serious note, with soooooo many new techs, are you going to increase research speed? I can see many nations falling behind in many areas.

Perhaps countries can have a default of 2 tech teams? That will surely help the little minors actually get research done before the end of the century.

I'm currently playing with a minimum of two TTs, and maximum of 6 TTs, and an IC threshold of 15. Seems to work perfectly for majors, and gives a nice boost to minors. One important thing to remember is to reduce the research cost accordingly, in this case, by 25% or the minors will go bankrupt. But this tech tree is so huge other changes might be necessary, like increasing research speed.

Perhaps countries can have a default of 2 tech teams? That will surely help the little minors actually get research done before the end of the century.
...if they get enough money to effort it... :p

Yep real mechanized cavalry proper is the modern mechanized infantry (guys with APCs/IFVs).

Soo, recaping, it would be like this:
Code:
BRIG_MODEL_3_0;Cavalry Brig 1870;Cavalerie ‘70;Cavalleria 1870;Caballería del 70;Kavallerie 1870;Kawaleria '70;;Êàâ.áðèãàäà 1870-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_3_1;Cavalry Brig 1897;Cavalerie ‘97;Cavalleria 1897;Caballería del 97;Kavallerie 1897;Kawaleria '97;;Êàâ.áðèãàäà 1897-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_3_2;Cavalry Brig 1907;Cavalerie ‘07;Cavalleria '07;Caballería del 07;Kavallerie 1907;Kawaleria '07;;Êàâ.áðèãàäà 1907-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_3_3;Cavalry Brig 1914;Cavalerie ‘14;Cavalleria '14;Caballería del 14;Kavallerie 1914;Kawaleria '14;;Êàâ.áðèãàäà 1914-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_3_4;Cavalry Brig 1916;Cavalerie ‘16;Cavalleria '16;Caballería del 16;Kavallerie 1916;Kawaleria '16;;Êàâ.áðèãàäà 1916-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_3_5;Cavalry Brig 1918;Cavalerie ‘18;Cavalleria '18;Caballería del 18;Kavallerie 1918;Kawaleria '18;;Êàâ.áðèãàäà 1918-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_3_6;Cavalry Brig 1921;Cavalerie ‘21;Cavalleria '21;Caballería del 21;Kavallerie 1921;Kawaleria '21;;Êàâ.áðèãàäà 1921-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_3_7;Cavalry Brig 1924;Cavalerie ‘24;Cavalleria '24;Caballería del 24;Kavallerie 1924;Kawaleria '24;;Êàâ.áðèãàäà 1924-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_3_8;Cavalry Brig 1928;Cavalerie ‘28;Cavalleria '28;Caballería del 28;Kavallerie 1928;Kawaleria '28;;Êàâ.áðèãàäà 1928-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_3_14;Air Cavalry Brig 1951;Cavalerie aérienne ‘51;Cavalleria dell'Aria '51;Caballería aérea del 51;Luftkavallerie 1951;Kawaleria pow. '51;;Àýðîìîáèëüíàÿ êàâ.áðèãàäà 51-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_3_15;Air Cavalry Brig 1959;Cavalerie aérienne ‘59;Cavalleria dell'Aria '59;Caballería aérea del 59;Luftkavallerie 1959;Kawaleria pow. '59;;Àýðîìîáèëüíàÿ êàâ.áðèãàäà 59-ãî;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_10_1;Prewar Armored Car;Véhicule blindé pré-guerre;Autoblinda prebellica;Vehículo blindado preguerra;Vorkriegspanzerwagen;Pojazd pancerny sprzed I w. œw.;;Äîâîåííûé áðîíåàâòîìîáèëü;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_10_2;Great War Armored Car;Véhicule blindé grande guerre;Autoblinda della grande guerra;Vehículo blindado GranGuerra;Weltkriegspanzerwagen;Pojazd pancerny z I w. œw.;;Áðîíåàâòîìîáèëü ÏÌÂ;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_10_3;Interwar Armored Car;Véhicule blindé post-guerre;Autoblinda interbellica;Vehículo blindado Entreguerra;Vorkriegspanzerwagen;Miêdzywoj. pojazd pancerny;;Ìåæâîåííûé áðîíåàâòîìîáèëü;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_10_4;Tankette;Petit char;Tankette;Tanqueta;Tankette;Tankietka;;Òàíêåòêà;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_10_5;Basic Armored Car;Véhicule blindé I;Autoblinda di base;Vehículo blindado básico;Einfacher Panzerwagen;Podst. pojazd pancerny;;Áàçîâûé áðîíåàâòîìîáèëü;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_10_6;Improved Armored Car;;;;;;;;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_10_7;Advanced Armored Car;Véhicule blindé II;Autoblinda migliorata;Vehículo blindado mejorado;Verbesserter Panzerwagen;Ulepszony pojazd pancerny;;Óëó÷. áðîíåàâòîìîáèëü;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_10_8;Semi-Modern Armored Car;Véhicule blindé III;Autoblinda semi-moderna;Vehículo blindado moderno;Moderner Panzerwagen;Nowoczesny pojazd pancerny;;Ñîâð. áðîíåàâòîìîáèëü;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_10_9;Modern Armored Car;Véhicule blindé IV;Autoblinda moderna;Vehículo blindado moderno;Moderner Panzerwagen;Nowoczesny pojazd pancerny;;Ýëèòíûé áðîíåàâòîìîáèëü;;;X
BRIG_MODEL_10_10;Improved Modern Armored Car;;;;;;;;;;X

I think that, in order to have land helicopter units it's better to keep the last two cavalry brigades without making AC brigades obsolete, that way the player could choose between both brigades for their land infantry (and i guess that also armoured) divisions.

JRHINDO said:
Also what will be the late war naval helicopters? Will they be the continuation of seaplanes?

By late war naval choppers i guess that you mean scout and ASW helicopters, don't you? Naval scout and ASW helicopters technicaly work like a seaplane brigade, at first they add only surfacedetectioncapability submarine detection, but late, with the inclusion of ASW helos, they'll also increase their homeship's subattack, seadefence and convoy attack values.

On a more serious note, with soooooo many new techs, are you going to increase research speed? I can see many nations falling behind in many areas.

I was thinking about increasing reseach speed or, maybe it would be easier to decrease the minimum IC needed for a new TT slot to appear (from 20 to... 15, for instance) and in the same time, increasing the maximum amount of active TT at a time (from 5 to... 10). That way minor countries can have more TT working at the same time.

On the daily progress report, today i've included anti ship missiles into the SW TT, however i'm very lazy and i'm not uploading any screenshot because it's not needed.

I've also started to work on unit's stadistics files.