• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fernando Torres said:
Did you register in BoP ? We're working there and we already found chi, jap and ger OoBs. If you can work on Uk or US it'd be great.
OK, I'll make a start on the UK first then. I have one problem with BoP, I can't read Italian..... how do you register :wacko:

Fernando Torres said:
You have inscrizione on the right top. When registered you'll be able to change the board language.
OK, then I get to a page with three options

Accetto i termini ed ho esattamente o più di 13 anni

Accetto i termini ed ho meno di 13 anni

Non accetto i termini

I'm guessing one is over 13 one is under 13... but which one is which? Sorry about this but Italian isn't one of my languages

Fernando Torres said:
The first one.
If Luxor reads that maybe he'll help you.
OK, this is really annoying me now, it won't let me log on with my account. Is there something I have to do to activate it?

Anyway, I have found an OOB for British forces in Palestine for Jan 39 on the ORBAT website, I'll try to see if I can get any better date.

Fernando Torres said:
Sorry, i did not get it. What does it mean ?

I mean, that as you do things, you get faster and better pacing oneself till 'all of it is possible of goodly doing'.

All help is important inspiration.
All assistence builds momentum
Feedback is King,

But generally a major modding project requires a single focused mind to see it all through.

You must do it all alone even with loads of help.

Yukala said:
I mean, that as you do things, you get faster and better pacing oneself till 'all of it is possible of goodly doing'.

All help is important inspiration.
All assistence builds momentum
Feedback is King,

But generally a major modding project requires a single focused mind to see it all through.

You must do it all alone even with loads of help.
Why do you tell me this ??
I have made my own reflexion and i propose a project, if some wish to join they are welcomed because i won't be able to do EVERYTHING myself.

Fernando Torres said:
Why do you tell me this ??
I have made my own reflexion and i propose a project, if some wish to join they are welcomed because i won't be able to do EVERYTHING myself.

Three years of doing it, here, more years elsewhere.

:D Don't worry you will garner lots of help.

...yet some say, the founding modder does 95%, but your mileage may vary...

This is not meant as discouragement, you just get better, faster and smarter. What is bad with that?
:cool:

Yukala said:
Three years of doing it, here, more years elsewhere.

:D Don't worry you will garner lots of help.

...yet some say, the founding modder does 95%, but your mileage may vary...

This is not meant as discouragement, you just get better, faster and smarter. What is bad with that?
:cool:
Nothing, i just did not understand well.
But anyway, IMO, such a project (we make this for free) shall be made by a community, not just one guy. He brings the main ideas of course and he centralizes the works but he's not God, he has an extra life too and he must earn his life.
What I particulary don't like are people who play and critisize a mod when its finished but did not help in anyway during the development phase.
I hope you understand me too.

The main goals are to improve realism, challenge, balance and historical feeling....
- No more Vichy France. After its surrender, France makes peace with Germany and free France becomes independant / union UK-FRA possibility

Dude, if your main goal is to add realism and historical feel, then removing Vichy France is just plain wrong... you seem to be French, why would you overlook that ?

It didn't, France ceased existing and split into Vichy France (led by General Petain) and Free France, led by De Gaulle). The state was called Vichy France; it was no longuer France, but Vichy France. I am a die-hard WWII history buff and just can't imagine a WWII game mod removing Vichy France to add realism and historical feel... It's a big mistake in my book...

But I figure there must a reason behind his reasoning and I wanted to hear it, maybe he could change my mind too...

First, how can you say that i am wrong ? I am french, this story is my story, the story of my father and mother, of my grandfathers and grandmothers, i can feel it through my bones.
France remained and always remained France even if this ****ing Petain took power. It was no longer Republic, the regime changed but France remained France, the Marseillaise (french hymn) and the flag remained the French one. Petain was the legal representative of the french people. Remember that a large part of the Parliament voted the plain power. Let's say that they changed the sliders but they did not change the people or the country. De Gaulle and its Free France were first not well known until 1942 and then they were absolutely illegal and just a few french people fell him as the real leader from the real France.
For the french people, the war was lost in 1940. Free France and de Gaulle saved our honor but it cannot mask real History.
Look, in its History, France changed its regime many times but it always remained France. French Empire lead by Napoléon was France, French Kingdom by Louis XVI was France, France 2008 is still France, even if the form of power are completely different.
This is something every french guy will tell you, your books can tell you whatever you want, we know our story better than books because we lived it and because our fathers suffered it.

Last edited:
Well, this is what can happen when you claim 'historical accuracy in a game simulation at best', or approximation.

Go a'historical and it is your story.
:D

I would say Paris is France and it was ceded to Nazi Germany. Just as Berlin was later cut-up and that created other states such as East Germany.

If we lost control of Washington then the Feds would have fallen and things would be very different very fast.

Vichy France is Vichy France especially in the game.

Ok, dude, first, you need to chill, I meant no disrespect. Second, I never claimed I knew more than you on that subject, I probably know less. But it seems to me that they did, in fact, change the flag etc. I was just letting you know that maybe it could be a put off for some people (like me), who like the rest of your mod, but are put off by the "No Vichy france mentality". You don't need to listen to me, it was just a suggestion. Other than that T.H.E project sounds good