• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have read them and one question: How will this brigade thing work? Vanilla Divisions reduced in strength? And I think that the Armour doctrines still need the respective national models worked in ( doable through the models.csv ) and shouldn't stop at 1944, as ARMA doesn't stop there. ( I sure hop this will be for ARMA?

My proposition:

Blitzkrieg Doctrine : Panzer II (1938)/Panzer 38t or III (1939)/Panzer IV (1941)/Panther (1943)/Tiger (1944)/Panther II (1948)/ E-50 (1950)/PzKpfw X (1954)* : better in all stats, more expansive, longer to build and consumpt more but the last models are slower

*Scroll to the bottom of the page. Whoever does the icon might have to use artists imagination. The vanilla tank the Leopard 1 wasn't developed until the late 1950's and wasn't produced until 1965. I don't like seeing that tank under a nazi flag anyways. :)

Soviet doctrine : BT-7 (1938)/T-34 (1941)/T-34/85 (1943)/IS3 (1948)/T-54 (1950)/T-55 (1954) : a bit more expansive and long to build, a bit better in all and a bit slower

French doctrine : 1938 model/1941 model : a bit lesser in all stats, less orga and less weight

US doctrine : M3 Lee (1938)/Sherman M4A2 (1942)/ Sherman M4A3E8 (1944)/M-26 (1948)/M-47 (1950)/M-48 (1954) : faster, cheaper, faster to build but lesser in all stats

UK Doctrine : Matilda Mk II (1938)/Crusader Mk. III (1941)/Cromwell Mk. IV (1943)/Sherman Firefly (1944)/A-34 Comet (1948)/Centurion Mk3 (1950)/FV214 Conqueror (1954) : same as US except the last models which are more like SOV one

All others : 1938 model/1941 model/1944 model/1948 model/1950 model/1954 model (If someone can spare the time we could make "doctrines" according to their political leaning? I.e. Czechoslovakia could ahve a british/french tree etc. For France I propose a mixed British-Frenc doctrine tree for the post 1941 models.

edit: you can see that the last years are always the same. This should make it easier for the tech tree people.

But isn't this fewer than in the Vanilla game? The light tanks aren't in it.

Fernando Torres said:
We have 10 models for ARM and 10 for LARM. We use both as Arm Bgde.

For each country or alltogether? Alltogether would seem a bit small.

Damn... it doesn't fit. These are all in all more than 20.... :( but it seems rather od to have tank developement stopped at 1948, especially when you play the full ARMA years.

But there are definitely more than 20 different tanks in the game, not counting the heavys....

Those are vanilla's brigades. And there are 20 tanks models (LARM + ARM) as units, no more. Of course the names are different for each country but the stats are the same and the command to change the stats is bugged.
Now we have two choices :

- we don't care about post war
- we use the none.txt for post war models

But honestly, i don't see which fun is to play cold war (that means a wargame in peace).

Who says that the wear has to be over? I mean how can we motivate a player to play germany if he knows that he will have lost by 1945? ;)

If we can we should use the none.txt for "Post-war". Besides, we could devise a chain that makes the cold war a hot one, i.e. things could go ape over the berlin blockade or something.

Wait, we have plenty things to do before thinking about cold war events. It would be fun but we first have to mod ww2 and its a huge ammount of work. And with their damn ghost fleets, our brigade scale etc the game will be slow around 1950.
We'll script the ww2 units as i said and add the post war one in the none.txt.

The next week our new sub section on Battle of paradox forum will be ready, i'm currently working on the map. Our graphists will begin the general graphisms and the modders will make the units. When we'll have finished the units stats we will be able to begin the OoBs.

That is a reasonable course of action. *nods* Any word on the air-force techtree yet? We could make it in a similar way:

US: Tactical&Strategic (balanced, but a bit less powerfull on everything, relatively cheap)

UK: Strategic (Excellent strategic bombers, early models excellent tactical capabilities later models strategic ones, later TAC models less powerfull )

GER: CAS&TAC (CAS heavy, excellent CAS models, good early TAC models, later models no increas in combat power, but faster if that is possible )

SOV: CAS&TAC (less powerfull at start, later CAS models very powerfull, cheaper)

For fighters/interceptors everything roughly the same, though the interceptor range might need to be reduced for the earlier models.

Well we had other ideas for the air units.
We wanted to use heavy/medium/light bombers + offensive/defensive fighters + air transports, use the naval bombers as brigade. Of course there would be different doctrines as for the ground units.

But honestly, i don't have many knowledge about this so i'll let our historical advisers and other modders decide for the naval and air units.

Just keep your ideas in mind, we will discuss about it later. (as i said, first, the map).

I made the spanish map (not really hard :p) and now i'm wondering if we keep the chinese cliques independant or not.

This sounds good, though I recommend we still have the national differences I have specified, as they woul reflect the RL leanings of the respective air Forces.

I overlooked that, sorry. *hides in emberrasement*

The Cliques... the thing is due to game mechanics it is very hard to represent them without keeping them independent. Maybe the warlords could be CHI puppets with CHI having cores on all their territory?

Hmm. True that. So maybe we could represent them through events, i.e. a "Warlords send additional troops" event that gives you mp or full Divisions.