• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't most of these qualities hold true for other Suenikian rulers as well? Are you suggesting that most Suenikian rulers are womanish? :D

Well, it's a strange place. Maybe all women their have beards, and all men have got breasts?

Couldn't that happen?

Happy times in Suenik, I see, where the men are beautiful and the women are strong, and all the children are above average. Definitely not impossible.

(Does anyone get the reference?)

Happy times in Suenik, I see, where the men are beautiful and the women are strong, and all the children are above average. Definitely not impossible.

(Does anyone get the reference?)

I do! That's all the news from Woebegone Suenik for this week... :D

Well, it's a strange place. Maybe all women their have beards, and all men have got breasts?

Couldn't that happen?

Yes, and I think it's called Russia. just sayin. :wacko: :p

Hi guys,

On a slightly OT note (I'm sure I'm allowed to do this given that this is my AAR) I've just finished my mega-campaign (phew - it's only been about five years - see my sig for more details) and naturally my first thought was "Oh well - time for another AAR." It seems I'm happily able to do two in tandem.

My question for you, loyal readers, is what style should I opt for?

1) Pure comedy a la this AAR?
2) Narrative?
3) History book?

I've tried my hand at all three in the past, but I'm interested in what you guys would think.

(oh I won't be doing gameplay - I'm not that interested in "Here's some screen shots of what I've set my various sliders to" and I doubt you'd be either).

Your thoughts, either on this thread or via PM, would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Iain

How about all three?

What game would you be playing? CK lends itself to comedy far better than other games, so if it is a non-CK AAR than that option becomes (admittedly, only somewhat) less desirable.

As for gameplay, there's nothing wrong with that -- just so much as you set yourself an extremely arbitrary and obscure goal then try your damnedest to achieve it.

Well, I was considering a For The Glory AAR as they're a bit thin on the ground but, after looking at the ACA's and noticing the Vicky needed a bit of love I was also thinking of a Victoria comedy (as there doesn't appear to be any).

However, your thoughts are all welcome.

Doesn't Victoria lend itself to a more Kafkaesque/Hellerist type of comedy?

It would however also be nice to see try your hand at writing a serious narrative AAR.

A comedy history-book!!

I would prefer CK, as I dont know what the other games are about, but if you would like to make it in another game, thats fine with me, as long as you post something about how you play the game, as I really wouldnt know.

How about history book Vicky as the United States of America? No one ever seems to finish those AAR's, everyone else does CSA, and Mexico, Carribean and Canada are easy places to conquer or buy territory.

A Victoria comedy would be fun - maybe somewhere obscure, out of the way, with a puffed-up sense of its own importance... oh wait, isn't that what we're reading right now? :D

Seriously though, a country ruled by a despotic king or dictator with no great value would make a good comedy - Persia? Argentina? Mexico? Siam?? Ethiopia??? Hawaii???? (Okay, that last one was a joke).

Thanks very much for all the suggestions guys - I'll let you know what I decide upon.

Curious that Hannibal X mentioned a USA AAR - I tried (and abandoned) something similar many moons ago - feedback as always is appreciated (I'm not sure what style this was).