• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He isnt, it is a bishophoric in my capital that I granted to Moray a long time ago to make a previous ruler like me. Now this sucks, since my three daughters are heirs. I dont want a daughter, I want a son!!

Well, I partially solved it by declaring war on the Duchess of Moray to get the bishopric back, I just hope I dont die during the war. If I do, my lesbian ill daughter who is married to a person with a claim on the english throne.

Edit: I got the bishopric back, but my son isn't heir. Why? He isn't a bishop anymore.

Last edited:
Well I solved it by making it absolute agnatic succession.

He isnt, it is a bishophoric in my capital that I granted to Moray a long time ago to make a previous ruler like me. Now this sucks, since my three daughters are heirs. I dont want a daughter, I want a son!!

Well, I partially solved it by declaring war on the Duchess of Moray to get the bishopric back, I just hope I dont die during the war. If I do, my lesbian ill daughter who is married to a person with a claim on the english throne.

Edit: I got the bishopric back, but my son isn't heir. Why? He isn't a bishop anymore.

Lol that is epic. I guess he cant leave her court being her husband so when you took it back that removed him. Also well done for the solution.

I cant wait to see if you get back to being King or not.

Well now my son isnt heir again, he was granted a different bishopric. Now my nephew with two counties is, he has a claim on Scotland too, and his wife is a countess of two counties.

So, I had two children with the queen, but it was in a matrillinial marriage. I had to assassinate one son the day he was born so he didnt inherit my duchy.

Who knew that there was so much drama in such a small kingdom huh? ;)

Greatest thread ever rofl

So now, my heir my nephew has maybe 4 counties under me, and he gives one to his second son. His first I betrothed to my matrilineal daughter, who is now the queen, since I murdered her mom, my wife, the former queen. My nephew then plots to kill his second son's son, and I find out about the plot. So, I take matters into my own hands, assassinating that son. But, with a 20 percent chance to be discovered, I get discovered. Now, I'm 66, and locked in my daughter's dungeon. Time to die?

And the game finally crashed. I ransomed myself out of jail, and one of my counts rebelled, I put it down. I was 69, and the year was 744 I think. I had reigned for 44 years. My nephew was going to have a very solid inheritance, two duchies, with 3 or four of the counties under it, and his wife had three also, so most of the counties would be in my dynasty. Up north, the heir was my grandson Colin, who married one of my daughters. They had no children yet. My nephews son was betrothed to the queen, my daughter. Their children would have had most of Scotland and part of Ireland under their control. England was in a civil war, France owned it for a few years, but then when the king died somehow Saxons had it, and the Norman prince rebelled. Spain was mostly Castillian. And my characters have been in jail maybe 6 or 7 individual times, and thats only 3 characters. My first one King Malcolm, then Earl of Gowrie, lived to be 52. The second, Earl, then Duke Duncan, lived to be 43. The third, Henry, Duke of Albany, Duke of the Isles, Earl of Straetharn, and could have been Duke of Ulster. He was a gluttonous 69 year old who oversaw the rise of the Dunkheld dynasty from deposed kings, Earls of one county, to controllers of half of Scotland, and 3/4 on inheritance of Moray. He murdered all three of his wives, one Princess, one former wife of a dead Kaiser, and one Queen of Scotland. His daughter is the current queen. If it is possible to get a normal marriage when she turns 16, the Dunkhelds' would have regained the throne peacefully, over 80 years, all the while increasing their territory, and the territory held by their extended family. Henry was in jail 3 or 4 times, mostly by family members.

FYI: It crashed when I clicked on the prisoner screen, I had just imprisoned a count after he rebelled, and another count, my nephew's second son, the Earl of Carrick.

Hilarious story, flame7926! If you could do it all again, would you make different decisions? I can't wait to play a... one of these characters you describe (a gay bishop who kills babies? a bastard earl who becomes king? a lustful princess who 'widows' five husbands... and so on)

Can't wait for the full game (I'm saving myself for the full thing, tried the demo a few times but no way I'm investing so much time in the demo while I have AHD to play)