• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then the communists take power and form the People's Republic, this is what happens shortly after...
Skjermbilde2011-07-13kl201756.png

Does Communist China only form in this mod? I've never seen such a thing.
If so, which mod?

Same thing happened to me. It happens in Windows 7 if you install the game into "Program Files" see this thread for the fix.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?515372-Victoria-2-tech-support-read-this-first!-Patches-localisations-and-solutions&p=11980321&viewfull=1#post11980321

Found the shot in the Windows 7 Compatibility Files, but it's useless. It's not a true screenshot, just the map in various colours without any of the writing or other things. BMP file. Not worth my trouble to change the whole install just to send a screenshot. If anyone else knows a quick fix or a way to get a true screenshot with everything included on Windows 7 it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Found the shot in the Windows 7 Compatibility Files, but it's useless. It's not a true screenshot, just the map in various colours without any of the writing or other things. BMP file. Not worth my trouble to change the whole install just to send a screenshot. If anyone else knows a quick fix or a way to get a true screenshot with everything included on Windows 7 it would be appreciated. Thanks.

1. Press print screen while in game. (labeled as "prnt scrn" on my keyboard)
2. Open paint.
3. Paste into paint.
4. Save the image.
5. Upload the image to an image hosting website.
6. Post a link to the image in
on this forum.
7. ???
8. Profit!

Last edited:
1. Press print screen while in game. (labeled as "prnt scrn" on my keyboard)
2. Open paint.
3. Paste into paint.
4. Save the image.
5. Upload the image to an image hosting website.
6. Post a link to the image in
on this forum.
7. ???
8. Profit!

Thanks, but it still doesn't work. I still only get the background map without any of the writing or other stuff.

It seems to me that there should be some way to save the game screen as a JPEG image through mouse use, but I can't figure out how to do it. Pressing the Function or Print Screen buttons does nothing but save that BMP image and I can't even see it till I leave the game with an ALT+Tab and go to the desktop to try and find it.

Last edited:
Do you have Steam? In Steam, you may use F12 to have a high-quality screen-shot be taken and saved onto a gallery. If you do this, you must click 'view image', and then save the picture to anywhere on your system. Once that is done, upload it to ImageShack, and use the 'Forum URL' to paste it onto here. Turn it off thumbnail view, though, or it'll just look a tiny bit ridiculous.

F11 takes a screenshot, F12 takes a "mapshot" of the worldmap. Shift-F12 takes a mapshot of only your and your vassal's territory.

And people, don't spam.

Uh... sooo.. Red Scare eh? So does Com China form in the original?

campbell.png

That's just one of the problems Canada seems to have with names. The Petty-Fitzmaurice family seems to be quite large as well, as probably a third of my Generals come up with that name. I also have 2 "Leonard Petty-Fitzmaurice" as Generals (to make it more realistic I like to think they're father and son :p )

Canadian General Staff = Baldwin Family x500

Well, it's proof Jesus was a Persian, if that's of any consolation...