• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm aware this is an aged thread but I did have to share these little gems (apologies to moderators if this is still a no no.)

XmaFPBI.png

ntp22R4.jpg

Last edited:
In Victoria 3, instead of power ratings, countries just need a Great Power rating:

• Great Power = Yes
  • Secondary Power = Maybe
  • Civilized Nation = Unlikely
  • Partially Westernized Nation = Only if you are Japan or China
  • Uncivilized Nation = lolnope

Is this normal + how the hell am I supposed to tackle that?

1609245946127.png

Enemy troops reinfored to full strength and are taking 3% attrition right now. Which apparently is the maximum they could be taking there.

Last edited:
EH... I've seen such things before and a solution would be to try and lure them out into a defensive battle then move in and occupy the provinces, surround the battle with your own soldiers so as they can't retreat and then defeat them and stack wipe them since they can't retreat to a province without enemies troops.

EH... I've seen such things before and a solution would be to try and lure them out into a defensive battle then move in and occupy the provinces, surround the battle with your own soldiers so as they can't retreat and then defeat them and stack wipe them since they can't retreat to a province without enemies troops.
Units seem to be stuck there. Or really comfy in their cozy fort in Laon.

EDIT: Restarted and reloaded the game. Now there is fire in them again. Walk out of their pocket if given the chance.

Last edited:
Victoria 2 does not have a real supply system. I managed to create a DYI implementation which checks for every province if it has a friendly or neutral province.

Units seem to be stuck there. Or really comfy in their cozy fort in Laon.

EDIT: Restarted and reloaded the game. Now there is fire in them again. Walk out of their pocket if given the chance.

For future reference, tag switching to a country freezes all their units wherever they are standing.

You need to go back to the main menu and load your save after tag switching, or the AI will not act properly.

For future reference, tag switching to a country freezes all their units wherever they are standing.

You need to go back to the main menu and load your save after tag switching, or the AI will not act properly.
You got me there, I tag switched while paused to see why I wasn't attacked. Turns out that reduced that nation's aggressiveness even more ^^

I've sometimes seen this with mobilization. In a populous province, a stack that size of farmers or craftsmen can pop up all on its own. And it happens relatively late in the war because mobilizing that many takes longer. They can replace a ton of attrition because it comes from the farmer or craftsmen pops.

The reason they're so passive might be because the AI knows they're weak troops? Unsupported infantry with low morale.

I AI just did something really smart that knocked my socks off.

• Spain declared war on Algeria -probably thinking, "It may be in the French sphere, but I am allied with Britain, while France has no allies"
  • France declines to intervene, knowing she is out matched
  • Britain says to herself, "Jee, I am doing most of the heavy lifting. I should add a war-goal of my own"

v2a.png

v2b.png

• 4Like
Reactions: