• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

General WVPM

Lt. General
23 Badges
Nov 14, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Made a small tool which reads data from the game files and gives you the info you need.
There are 3 main screens, the overview of goods and production types, a detailed production type screen (double click on a production type in the main screen) and a POP screen.
8TYXP1q.png
8lkRKVU.png
8Kde5JH.png

Download link (Stack)

Currently in order to get the POP screen to show results, you must fill all the fields. The production type screen only takes the starting/base values into consideration. If you want something more advanced, try my factory calculator.

Feel free to give feedback or ask questions.

Edit: updated it so tariffs are applied to goods that are checked.
Edit 2: added maintenance to factories.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Cool! I'll try it later

Looks nice. Does it monitor the game in real-time or you need to pause, save and run this tool?

I feel Vic2 needs a screen where you can see a report summarizing key facts for the last 'macro' period. I must be new but I can't make much useful information out of those constantly changing numbers in the factories, goods, pops screens in game.

Looks nice. Does it monitor the game in real-time or you need to pause, save and run this tool?

I feel Vic2 needs a screen where you can see a report summarizing key facts for the last 'macro' period. I must be new but I can't make much useful information out of those constantly changing numbers in the factories, goods, pops screens in game.
No, currently it just reads the game (or mod) files and uses the data there. This would be the starting prices for goods and for production types, the data when there are no modifiers.
For POPs, you have to manually add in the different values.

The 2 things I tend to look at when checking my factories are whether or not they sold their products and whether or not they got their inputs.

I updated the tool to include factory maintenance.

It doesn't edit pops. You can best edit them manually or using some other tool.
I once made a tool that reads the game files, but it still doesn't make it that much easier to edit them.