• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just so you know, that is exactly how it worked in the SU and it's block countries. Yes, they had universal suffrage in the SU.
It's called one party system.

There's a difference between a one party system and a democracy that has only one party. SU was in no way, ever ever ever even close to democracy.

The term "Vereinigtes Königreich" (United Kingdom) exists, but Großbritannien or England are used synonymously. But hey, everybody calls the Netherlands Holland, so you're not alone. :)

yeah^^ and everyone calls our land germany, even so we call ourselves not germanen, but deutsch and our country Deutschland but germany. :rofl:

There's a difference between a one party system and a democracy that has only one party. SU was in no way, ever ever ever even close to democracy.
Where is the difference? One party system is effectively a "democracy" just with only one party. So in theory you can choose while in reality you can't.
It's like a race with a single participant. You can still apply all the rules of a race without the risk of losing. So you can claim that you honestly won the race. No cheating for sure. :)

Reactions:
Apparently Asia has expanded into Africa.

v2194.png

I had the Oppisate Problem. Syria was "Ottoman Africa".

Where is the difference? One party system is effectively a "democracy" just with only one party. So in theory you can choose while in reality you can't.
It's like a race with a single participant. You can still apply all the rules of a race without the risk of losing. So you can claim that you honestly won the race. No cheating for sure. :)

But they did not announce to all soviet citizens: "Blessed be our free democratic government! We call all citizens to choose their favorite party and vote for it! Hoozah!"

It was pretty clear to all they don't choose the party.

oh and if this post was sarcastic then ignore my whole comment and treat it as if it is invisible.

thats his point, its mislabled.

Probably a small region has been taken just east of Constantinople, cutting the capital off the rest of the Empire.

Probably a small region has been taken just east of Constantinople, cutting the capital off the rest of the Empire.

No, This always happens in my games. I assume it counts Anatolia (Asia Minor... whatever people call it now-a-days) as part of Asia no matter what. Though, I've never seen it think Africa was Asia...

Behold the fluffy devil
fluffydevil.png

The invisible seabattle... must be a ghost ship:eek:
invisiblebattle.png

Might be a bit more of a bug than a strange screenie though...
casusbellifail.png