• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An honest mistake for the republic's founders indeed. Good thing Paradox went on and corrected the founders' bad English :p

Don't you mean poor English?

While not strange I still laughed.

mexicoq.png

A few screens from my current Liberia game:

strange4.jpg

As of 1880 in game time, the West Country is almost 50% French cultured. :wacko:

strange2.png

(I think these guys are a bit lost...:D)

strange3.jpg

I don't know why Liberia stopped being part of Liberia...

One of the things I found most funny in my last game.

Beware of the French USA!!!

V2_2.jpg

How did they even get there?

I have no idea since I didn´t take any notice about the war.
They did creat French Argentina as well, but that was not that strange since it was located next to the Rio de la plata.

Not that strange, but it's the first time I see the USCA braking apart without player intervention. :eek:

rebelsUSCA.jpg

USCA is now divided to two parts by Honduras and El Salvador in the middle.

V2_957.jpg

That is nothing compared to the state-names in Germany.

You mean like Hanoverian Hanover and Hanoverian Osthanover? ... and Hesse-Kasselian(?) Hesse, Holsteinian Holstein, probably also Saxon Saxony, and maybe Hesse-Darmstadtian Hesse-Darmstadt (haven't checked the last 2, but I think actually it's just Saxony, a 3-4 province state held entirely by the nation of Saxony).

Actually, the Spanish flu DID start in 1918, as that's a specific mutation of the influenza virus that was especially deadly due to the fact it induced cytokine storm. Any particular strain peters out after 2-4 years at most, human adaptive immunity being what it is

INFLUENZA itself is a seasonal virus-class that has lead to several epi- and pan- demics and thats probably what the text of the epidemic should say, and refer to spanish flu as an example

Yup,it's the text itself that I found a bit odd. Also there's mention of the great war and trench warfare,while there was no major war in my game at the time.

I have to say that my favorites are the dyeworks accident (We all have to dye one day...) - I need to build a dye factory, just to see that event!; and communist Britain conquering British Asia. A true Workers' paradise!

mexican_korea.png

The United States of Central America took over North Korea, and now Mexico is using the USCA's territory to take over South Korea.

I'm confused here, but maybe I should be worried. I recently united America under the confederate flag, which meant taking all of Mexico's territory with American cores. Maybe they're going to use Korea's massive population to funnel huge amounts of troops at me.

Apparently by 1872 Spain has 8 parties. It makes for some interesting elections.

EightPartySpain.png

I think I figured out what is causing the Russian Conquest of Northwest England wars. In the Border Incident' event, you get the acquire state casus belli, even if the province that triggers the event is colonial. As Spain, I got the event for the UK, but couldn't use it to get Gibraltar because British Andalucia is still a British colony. I'm guessing that Russia is getting the event because of the Alaska/British Columbia border. If there was a way to check in the event if the neighboring state is a colony or not and give the apporpriate casus belli, that would likely solve these unrealistic wars.

If that's Copenhagen (note population)...

copenhagen.png

It seems all the Danes migrated to Grenland...

grenland.png

What attracted them there?!? Fish?

What's that big purple slice of culture in Greenland?