• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sadly I'm at work so don't have a screenshot, but I always laugh when a rebellion starts during combat, and the rebel army just stands between the combating parties waiting for the winner to engage:rofl:

v21v.png

Umm.....

krakow.jpg

The pen is apparently mightier than the sword, if you are to believe this picture. After all, who needs vast armies or a massive industry when you are the centre of European enlightenment?

The little nation that could. My homecountry has a little colonial empire :)
And that with a landlocked micro :) Without cheats, of course (but many many reloads :D )

V2_14-1.jpg

... huh?

As for the AIs in this particular game:

V2_15.jpg

Yeah, this time it'll work. We're confident!

Last edited:
That's nothing. I had France declare 8 WARS against me because I took Hedjaz from them but before I did they managed to core one province...
I suppose I should provide a bit more detail.

The hilarity ensues because the wars have so far always followed the same path. Prussia is almost beating France, then the truce with Austria expires, they jump in. Prussia makes a white peace with France and turns their attention to Austria. Whom they'd beat comprehensively, but since the Prussian troops are mostly still in France, Prussia also chooses to WP Austria every time.

I suppose at some point, tech will break this curious stalemate. Until then, it's fun watching this from afar. :)

Prussia initially conquered Alsace & Provence in the late 1860s when the UK was fighting France as well. The UK wanted to take Normandy. That didn't work out (white peace). However Prussia took Paris as a result and then accepted peace from France. Pity that this didn't result in a Three Hurrahs -> Germany event.

(I haven't meddled in Europe at all so far. My navy was at one time en route to London, but they offered an acceptable peace before my troops arrived.)

Last edited:

Seriously, why the !@$!@ do they need 459,000 troops and GROWING! They are allied with all their powerful neighbors, except for Britain. And the UK doesn't care one iota about them!

I will give them one thing. They have NEVER had a rebel problem.

Does go to show one issue with the military score... I thought I was doing just fine with 150,000 troops, then I looked up to my ally to the north... :rofl:

lol i made that mistake once. I attacked Hawaii and caused a containment war with UK as the united states. I only saw about 40,000 british men in Canada so i didnt worry about it....i had an army of about 510,000 in the states most on the southern border, but i figured i could move them up easy. Little did i know the UK had 3 mega stacks in the dark areas of canada. 1 army was 887K men, the second was 550K and the third was 510K.

Needless to say ive been paying war indemeties out the butt for the past 3 years+ now...i hope they end soon...my economy cant handle the 2.5K war tax every friggin day. I went from 5.8M banked to loaning several million.....i think it war taxes need a nerf haha

I had to laugh when I discovered the Minnesotan Mafia. :rofl:

Minnesota and Wisconsin were actually pretty normal areas to find organized crime from say 1880-1940. Obviously not like the east coast or Chicago, but a lot of the Chicago groups had business dealings and hideouts here.