• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Duke of Wellington said:
The Timurids lucky? Now that is strange.

Not so lucky anymore :rofl:

timurmaldive1vc4.jpg

timurmaldive2kw0.jpg

AdmiralNelson said:
That's a little less than half the size of my French army in EUII. Is that France's whole army?
I'm pretty sure it was their whole army. The reason why they kept them all in one province is still a mystery to me.

Hehe! That was unlucky indeed! Being a vassal of a little island must be, um, embarassing!

gbengwar.JPG

The story behind this picture: First, England forms Great Britain early on in the game (before I could see Europe). Now, in early 17th century, Calais revolts and forms England. Great Britain naturally declares war to the rebels.

Haukionkala said:
gbengwar.JPG

The story behind this picture: First, England forms Great Britain early on in the game (before I could see Europe). Now, in early 17th century, Calais revolts and forms England. Great Britain naturally declares war to the rebels.

I like your 7-regiment army named "Arse." :D

And the smileys next to your navy names. :D

Foller said:
I'm pretty sure it was their whole army. The reason why they kept them all in one province is still a mystery to me.

Roger, I have no idea, either. :wacko:

Nimic said:
Not so lucky anymore :rofl:

timurmaldive1vc4.jpg

Oh, I would be praying for an inheritance event.

I want to see the Maldives conquer something. The Maldives! :D

There are plenty threads about it. Just do a search for "luck" on a few pages back, and you should find it.

Basically, it's 8 AI countries that are selected at the start of the game, that get a certain bonus compared to the player and the rest of the AI countries. Nothing huge, but enough to give it the edge, and enough to have it probably become a relative threat near end-game.

Nimic said:
There are plenty threads about it. Just do a search for "luck" on a few pages back, and you should find it.

Basically, it's 8 AI countries that are selected at the start of the game, that get a certain bonus compared to the player and the rest of the AI countries. Nothing huge, but enough to give it the edge, and enough to have it probably become a relative threat near end-game.

Yes; IIRC (and I believe I do :D ), Johan said that the point of the luck feature was to have 8 major powers who would still provide a challenge all through the game. No late-game downtime, a la EUII.

AdmiralNelson said:
Oh, I would be praying for an inheritance event.

I want to see the Maldives conquer something. The Maldives! :D
That's it! The MALDIVES will be my first AAR when I purchase the game!

:D

Hajji Giray I said:
That's it! The MALDIVES will be my first AAR when I purchase the game!

:D

The cry of "Gavmii mi ekuverikan matii tibegen kuriime salaam" will make the earth tremble! :rofl:

Yes, I got that from Wikipedia. :D

Mmmmm, Maldives hands-off game.

jrallen9 said:
The guy who came up with that must have either been drunk or was French. :rofl:

It's way too blasted long for a battle-cry, I think. Maybe it's easier to yell that in Arabic than it looks, but I doubt it.

Featauril said:
Vincent Corleone the notorious notorious gangster in the novel/movie "The Godfather"

Actually, the Vincent character was created for the movie and not in the novel. The novel even says that Sonny had no bastards.