• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Didaa said:
Talking about little pathetic islands, some day I'll start a game as Maldives or Ryukyu

They're easy compared to playing as Hawaii... :p

Pommerania voting for Ukraine in the HRE?

ukraineweirdscreenwp7.jpg

Maya is in it's place in Central America and the Ottomans warning everyone they see (and those they don't):

ottomanmayawarningqx3.jpg

Not necessarily strange, but Venezuela is constantly going bankrupt (I think by now they've reached 350% inflation). I would've thought they would collapse with such bad problems):

venezuelainflationsc0.jpg

Also I can't find the screenshot I made, but I had Ireland revolt from Great Britain, only to have 3 province Leinster revolt from them. They then annexed Ireland and a couple months later formed the Irish nation once again. A lot of work and lost time (almost 10 years went by with this) could've been avoided if the people there just talked to each other :)

If countries are in PU, they are supposed to be allied, no? Here, Lithuania is in PU under large Scandinavia, and not allied or protected by anyone :)

And here a really strange thing happened- after which I'm starting to like France! :) So, I'm at war against alliance of Austria, France and Baden. Genoa is owned by me. You'd think that France would occupy it? No- they don't- and here is the joke- they only come when rebels pop up in Genoa. They use their 15k stack to defeat rebels, and then chase them for me. This is the third time that rebels popped, and they came, killed my rebels and went away! :)

Didaa said:
Talking about little pathetic islands, some day I'll start a game as Maldives or Ryukyu
I had a game as Ryukyu on my old comp just before it died. I had colonised most of Indonesia, worked my way around Africa, and invaded Crete and converted it to Shintoism. I was planning my invasion of Italy when I became bored.

Taklagarn said:
cool event!
It's so hard to 'keep track of people' that they can disappear right under your nose without actually moving!

Venezuela from my last Austria game - no wonder they were beaten back to a single province! :rofl:

So I guess inflation has a cap? :D

eu31000percentvu6.jpg

Last edited:
oh dear god. That is ridiculous. imagine having 1000% inflation. It would be like trying to run Zimbabwe.

Haftetavenscrap said:
It's so hard to 'keep track of people' that they can disappear right under your nose without actually moving!

Hmm wonder how i going to tax them anyway if it just vanish 200people and move to the same place hmm i wonder :p

What's been going on in that game? Venezuela exists and has had some time to accumulate inflation which suggests it's late game but on the other hand Zapotec and Maya also exist, suggesting early game. Also, Portugal England Castille France and OE seem to be doing horribly bad, which I guess is best explained by a bloodthirsty Austria :p

Remind me and I'll post a screen of rather good Ryukyu in the morning
And they are less good than the knights. They do happen to be pagan, it's just that it might take a while before someone gets around to eat them.

Lord Strange said:
oh dear god. That is ridiculous. imagine having 1000% inflation. It would be like trying to run Zimbabwe.

Only 3,500 times easier. ;)

Abraxas said:
What's been going on in that game? Venezuela exists and has had some time to accumulate inflation which suggests it's late game but on the other hand Zapotec and Maya also exist, suggesting early game. Also, Portugal England Castille France and OE seem to be doing horribly bad, which I guess is best explained by a bloodthirsty Austria :p
Well its around 1800.
Austria owns whole Central europe, Scandinavia, Italy, old Ottoman empire, most of Russia, and 1/3 of france. :D
Zapotec and Maya were force-released by me in a peace treaty to deblob Spain and France. OE is down to a single province. :D

Venezuela did quite well, until they were crushed by rebels. with all but 1 province occupied, but an army of 15k, they were driven into bancrupty weekly.
After reaching 500% inflation, their army finally was killed by a rebel stack - but since they became a 1-province minor, they couldn't even afford a single INF stack - and went bancrupty again and again... :D

Here is a screen, nothing special to achive, since I always slow down from the 17th century onwards to build forts and manus everywhere :p

Last edited:
Seelensturm said:
You need goverment tech 53 for a revolution...
Yes. Though Rev. France is apparently an ordinary kingdom and not a revolutionary nation, that declared independence from France. Something must have gone wrong in a file somewhere.

Snake IV said:
Yes. Though Rev. France is apparently an ordinary kingdom and not a revolutionary nation, that declared independence from France. Something must have gone wrong in a file somewhere.

Rev. France doesn't start with a revoultion... it has to get the revolutionary tag and it can't get that tag without the special events, which you can only get at tech level 53.

Also, if there's a cosmopolitaine revolution, where the rebels can declare independency, there's a chance that Revolutionary France pops up, because it has Cosmopolitaine culture...

Pinjerro said:
Rev. France doesn't start with a revoultion... it has to get the revolutionary tag and it can't get that tag without the special events, which you can only get at tech level 53.

Also, if there's a cosmopolitaine revolution, where the rebels can declare independency, there's a chance that Revolutionary France pops up, because it has Cosmopolitaine culture...
how cool isn't that??