• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very well, Senor Presidente, I will abide by your decision, and understand full well you do not wish to alienate your earliest supporters on the issue. I hope that Chile will see a return to progress and wealth in your second term.

President : Francisco Rivera

I wish to thank all my supporters who have made the journey to Santiago to cast their ballot. I hope my supporters from the south are able to make it here in time to have their voice heard. If order to bring the nation closer together and modernize the economy I endorse Presidente Romano's proposal for a national railroad. I pledge to build a railroad if I am elected.

Senator Francisco Rivera - Nacionale Independiente

President: Rivera

I think we can consider the Partido Monárquico finished.

Perhaps we should merge the former Monárquicos with the true Nacionalistas and form a more permanent and independent party.

You say you wish to merge with the true Nacionales, and yet you votefor Rivera. Such contradiction within the ignorant.

You are ignorant of the context of my statement. I am a member of the Partido Nacionale, not the Monarquicos. I am confounded that you can claim to represent the interests of the Nacionalistas when you continually seek to subordinate the party to the Conservadores.

And here's another late night update courtesy of a insomnia! Hello again, Brits and Europe.

((And Seek, they can change their policies but I won't like it.))

Presidential Candidates:
Eduardo Romano ((Pallen)): 8
Francisco Rivera ((atomicsoda)): 5

((Hey, I've got a question: can people who aren't born in Chile, but moved to Chile before Chile existed, run for president? Just wondering.
Also, when do the elections close?))

((Did you count his vote already from his support on the bottom of page 95 already TH?))

I did not. Unless I specifically state otherwise, I do not count votes or statements of support from before an election begins. The current tally stands at:

Presidential Candidates:
Eduardo Romano: 8
Francisco Rivera: 6

((Hey, I've got a question: can people who aren't born in Chile, but moved to Chile before Chile existed, run for president? Just wondering.

((I asked a similar question (my character's Colombian but fought in the Independence Wars), TH said he'd allow it.))

Elections close at 25 votes tonight (unlikely) or tomorrow night, 6 PM PST.

I'll allow people not born in Chile to run, but it may not be totally historically accurate. The constitution is slightly ambiguous on the issue; in reality I don't think it ever came up.