• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll have to back de Santa Rossa in this election, since he support full citizenship, and I could never back a Candidate who is against immigration. My father fought for his new homeland in the war for independence, and so did many other immigrants. I am myself born in Vienna, Austria, but is a proud Chilean citizen. All immigrants should be welcomed with open arms to our nation to make it grow and become more civilized.

I must also express my disgust over the show trial that ended with the execution of two of our greatest national heroes. I am appalled over the blood lust that some highly distinguished members of our society showed to get rid of their political adversaries. We are supposed to live in a civilized nation, not in the darkness of the Unchristian nations of Africa and Asia.

Karl Weissmüller

President: Romano

((I find it interesting that for this election we basically have a two-party system))

Last edited:
So the early tally stands:

Presidential Candidates:
Antonio de Santa Rosa ((Riccardo93)): 2
Emilio Eduardo Romano ((Pallen)): 7

de Vadlivies , Zepeda initiated the Coup and Badajoz backed him when he thought the Liberales would be purged.
((hmm, so involved in the coup was Conservadore/Nacionale Zepeda (or was he originally a Liberale before going independent and being nominated in coalition with the Nationalists?), the leader of the Liberale party Badajoz, and (Liberale voting) Conservadore Alvarez. Bipartisanship at its finest... er, worst.))

For President, I support Romano.

Speaking of Romano, would the good Acting President tell me whether a position still exists for me in the Chilean Navy (seeing that there does not seem to be a current Minister of War to ask this to)? ((obviously he's no longer Minister of War, but is he still an admiral or even accepted at all in the military? If he's ejected from the military for the time being, are there any merchant businessmen characters who could use a good captain for one of their ships?))

- Gabriel Alvarez

(Making up a reason why my new character cant vote right now)

I wish I could vote in this election for the Glory of Chile, but unfortunately the interim government imposed by the traitor Romano will not allow relatives of Badajoz to be involved in politics at this time. I however express my full wishes to see de Santa Rosa rise to the presidency, for he is truly the only one who seeks liberty for the people of Chile.

((hmm, so involved in the coup was Conservadore/Nacionale Zepeda (or was he originally a Liberale before going independent and being nominated in coalition with the Nationalists?), the leader of the Liberale party Badajoz, and (Liberale voting) Conservadore Alvarez. Bipartisanship at its finest... er, worst.))

For President, I support Romano.

Speaking of Romano, would the good Acting President tell me whether a position still exists for me in the Chilean Navy (seeing that there does not seem to be a current Minister of War to ask this to)? ((obviously he's no longer Minister of War, but is he still an admiral or even accepted at all in the military? If he's ejected from the military for the time being, are there any merchant businessmen characters who could use a good captain for one of their ships?))

- Gabriel Alvarez

"Even though you support me in this election, I trust you understand why I cannot let you continue as Minister of War in a potential National Conservative government. That is all I can say for sure. I am yet unsure if I will let you continue in the Navy at all, I am split between putting it to a vote after these elections, or letting you continue. It very much also depends on who else will be supporting me in these elections, as the position of general and ministers will have to be delegated amongst my supporters -and- those qualified. Of good reasons I cannot let you have first claim on any. After the elections I will review you question, and then I will make a decision."

- President Romano

I wish I could vote in this election for the Glory of Chile, but unfortunately the interim government imposed by the traitor Romano will not allow relatives of Badajoz to be involved in politics at this time. I however express my full wishes to see de Santa Rosa rise to the presidency, for he is truly the only one who seeks liberty for the people of Chile.

((Please dont use that exuse, just puts my character in a bad light, without me even being responsible, and i'd rather not like that.))

((Yeah, I'm a bit disgruntled with the new coalition system. It seems that coalitions should be formed out of necessity, not just voter willingness.))

I should point out that you were literally the only person in your party who voted No Coalition - almost everyone voted for coalition with the conservatives.

Er... Yeah, that's sort of unfair to Pallen. Just saying.

Romano is the only qualified man for the job.
He is the most experienced, has the most political weight, and has shown himself as a level headed and competent leader in these recent times of crisis.
Romano is not just the best option he is the only reasonable option.

I hope the fact that I stood against the coup, and that no monarchist joined it, allows myself to be looked upon as a worthy candidate for generalship once the government is sworn into power. I attempted to take the partido into a non-monarchist direction with my Union Tradicionale platform this year and with the party defunct, I can think of no reason why I would have any split loyalties in working with Romano, who I have praised for his strong stance against the coup before. My one ambition has always been to obtain a command as generale, having fought as a young man in the independence struggle and later in the civil war. I've been a Brigadier General without an active command for far too long, a retired military man, what I want in life is a command of my own.