• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Romano

OOC: Wow, I have totally forgot about this game. What's been going on? What's all this about a coup? I will try to be a lot more active from now on.

OOC: Wow, I have totally forgot about this game. What's been going on? What's all this about a coup? I will try to be a lot more active from now on.

((You've missed a lot of stuff. Not the least being a failed coup, the execution of two characters, two wars, two elections, and some more stuff containing the number two))

((Don't know how long you've been gone, so:
- Badajoz became the first president in the game, as a Liberale, under a Liberale-Conservadore alliance with the Conservadores who felt a bit alienated by the military focus of the Conservadores.
- Chilean cores were retaken in wars with Peru and Bolivia.
- Zepeda broke from this coalition to run as an independent. The Monarchist Party rose, the Conservadores who did not support the Liberal ruling government became the Nationalist Party.
- Badajoz won a second term under a more formal Conservative-Liberal political alliance. Zepeda ran in coalition with the Nationalists, and I forget what the Monarchists did.
- As the third election came around, Badajoz would be unable to run again. Meanwhile there was war with Argentina over what we saw as our rightful lands there.
- Zepeda, the Minister of the Interior (second most powerful man in the Republic since there's no Vice President in Chile), declared a coup to end the elections. It was perhaps feared that the Monarchists or allies would win the election, or that there would be some chaos due to the army being in Argentina at the time of the elections.
- ???
- In the end, Badajoz (the sitting President who wanted to make sure liberal policies would continue in Chile, hoping to start elections back up fairly quickly after the coup) and Alvarez (the Minister of War who had bad information making it look like resistance was futile and would only lead to unnecessary bloodshed) were the only other people supporting the coup. A lot of the army ran back from Argentina to respond to the coup.
- Romano (the Minister of the Economy who resisted the coup) became Acting President and the elections continued (after a small fight with coup supporting forces).
- Badajoz, Zepeda, and Alvarez were arrested. Badajoz and Zepeda were declared guilty by the Senate and hung. Alvarez was declared innocent and let free.
- See the latest updates for the latest on the elections after that. Romano appears to be winning the vote now for President (Conservadore-Nacionalista coalition. The Liberales, who lost Badajoz and a lot of public sympathy in the coup, are running Santa Rosa, and the Monarchists haven't gotten enough support to run in this election).
))

OOC: Don't you think the voting can cease by now. Are there even enough players to change the results?
((If there's 6 more people the vote can be tied (which would lead to 25 votes, the quota needed that we've hit in previous elections before - maybe even exceeded in one of them). If there's more than 6 or the Abstain supports Santa Rosa, it could even change the vote entirely. Likely it will not, but at least it will let more people participate and give a realistic tally rather than declaring it a landslide prematurely.))

((If there's 6 more people the vote can be tied (which would lead to 25 votes, the quota needed that we've hit in previous elections before - maybe even exceeded in one of them). If there's more than 6 or the Abstain supports Santa Rosa, it could even change the vote entirely. Likely it will not, but at least it will let more people participate and give a realistic tally rather than declaring it a landslide prematurely.))
7 you need 7 more for a tie, I wasn't aware we could switch our vote.
On top of that I didn't even think we had that many players.

Last edited:
7 you need 7 more for a tie, I wasn't aware we could switch our vote.
On top of that I didn't even think we had that many players.
((I'm pretty sure vote switching is at least frowned upon, but I don't see a complete ban on vote switching in a quick second scan of the rules (probably because in rare cases it's reasonable) so it may be technically possible. I was going off the last election count, so yeah there would need to be more votes now to tie it.
However, we got 25 votes in the first election and 26 in the second if I'm looking in the right places. We've gotten 20 so far this election? It's not too absurd to get enough to at least bring the vote closer towards a tie or further into a landslide (which is important to story and to people trying to gauge the political scene in Chile).))

((I'm pretty sure vote switching is at least frowned upon, but I don't see a complete ban on vote switching in a quick second scan of the rules (probably because in rare cases it's reasonable) so it may be technically possible. I was going off the last election count, so yeah there would need to be more votes now to tie it.
However, we got 25 votes in the first election and 26 in the second if I'm looking in the right places. We've gotten 20 so far this election? It's not too absurd to get enough to at least bring the vote closer towards a tie or further into a landslide (which is important to story and to people trying to gauge the political scene in Chile).))
BH said 25 is the limit. So barring vote switching Romano wins.

((Don't know how long you've been gone, so:
- Chilean cores were retaken in wars with Peru and Bolivia.

Not to nitpick, but we bought our cores back from Peru.

Also, I don't like vote switching, but I'll entertain it as long as it isn't done too often.

And since we don't have enough votes tonight, I'm closing the election tomorrow night - and who knows how many votes that could be? Probably 25ish or fewer, but we'll see.

(( Thanks for the recap Gloa))

So a slightly later tally stands:

Presidential Candidates:
Antonio de Santa Rosa ((Riccardo93)): 6
Emilio Eduardo Romano ((Pallen)): 14
Abstain: 1

That's 21 votes. I'll close the polls tonight regardless of the number of votes.

I vote for Romano

((TH did you read my pm? And by the way, I was wondering if you could tell me which army has how many troops and who is commanding them. I really dont have a good overview currently :) ))

I don't have a PM from you, Pallen. I cleaned my inbox recently - it might have been deleted.

Roseno is currently in Argentinian Patagonia with two infantry brigades, de Santa Rosa is in Northern Argentina with two infantry brigades, Carrow has one extremely undermanned cavalry brigade currently with de Santa Rosa, and there is one infantry and one cavalry brigade in Santiago.

I don't have a PM from you, Pallen. I cleaned my inbox recently - it might have been deleted.

Roseno is currently in Argentinian Patagonia with two infantry brigades, de Santa Rosa is in Northern Argentina with two infantry brigades, Carrow has one extremely undermanned cavalry brigade currently with de Santa Rosa, and there is one infantry and one cavalry brigade in Santiago.

((So in total 7 brigades which total 21.000 men, got it))

((So in total 7 brigades which total 21.000 men, got it))

It's actually less than 21,000 men. I think the capital stack is 6,000, Roseno's brigades are at 5,000, and de Santa Rosa and Carrow combined are only about 2,500 -- so more like 13,500. de Santa Rosa and Carrow have been hit pretty hard by the Argentinians, even if they've got them on the run now.

It's actually less than 21,000 men. I think the capital stack is 6,000, Roseno's brigades are at 5,000, and de Santa Rosa and Carrow combined are only about 2,500 -- so more like 13,500. de Santa Rosa and Carrow have been hit pretty hard by the Argentinians, even if they've got them on the run now.

((But we won the war, right?))