• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((You stole my character's pic Spitfire :p Oh well, got a vote yet? I'd suggest Ravera, due to his supportive stance with the Military, unlike some senators.... :D))

((Sorry, That's a picture and a surname I stole today. Better hold onto your wallet! :)

((Spitfire, if your character was born in 1887 he won't be around in 1836, obviously...))

Yeah I need to change that, thanks.

As for who to vote for. I will look again at all the candidates. I kind of voted before i made my character, he wants our land back but doesn't want the chilean people to suffer just so we can get it.))

Last edited:
MESSAGE TO ALL CHILEANS

It is imperative that all Chileans who are standing on the sidelines make their voice heard and vote for Sen. Francisco Rivera to be the Conservadores candidate for El presidente. It is important that Chile has a clear choice this election between a supporter of the Peru-Bolivia Act and an opponent. Allowing Sen. Romano to represent the Conservadores would allow an opponent of the Act to represent our ruling party and an opponent of the Act to represent the opposition. I call on all Chileans to vote RIVERA and give the nation a clear choice this election between a conservative, pro-military patriot and a liberal who wants to dismantle our great army.

I vote for Rivera as the intellegence serveces and the military are eternally linked and strength for them is strength for us!

Rivera is the only choice for those of us within the Military. I caution any within the Armed Services who side with Romano this primary season. A vote for Rivera is a vote to continue to support the Military and put faith in the institution that freed us from Spanish rule.

Selfish men at arms, have you no regard for the rest of us in Chile? It is a true testament to their disconnection from the rest of Chile and fiscal prudence when they insist on crushing us all with a 75% tax, chiding us for not adopting their vainglorious ways, not seeing the supposed benefits of glory and land. What in God's name is the infernal hurry? Why must this land be claimed now?

My dear people, vote for Senator Romano! What need is there for an army if we have no ways of feeding our people and paying our men? How can the people feed themselves if their revenue is thrown into the pits of military greed? Do the farmers, miners, fishermen of Chile constitute our nation, or those petty thieves that call themselves our protectors?

Without our services there would be Chilean no famers, miners, or fishermen, only spaniards

An army fights not for glory, but to protect the citizens. I say it is time for some in the military to take the hoe again and rejoin the field. Let our economy prosper, so that we may in the future afford a national army to assert our influence.

Everyone participated in freedom and in the Civil Wars, not just the official soldiers. The citizens who fought for their homes and villages deserve more.

Hear, hear, Senator Badajoz speaks sensibly! These vainglorious warmongers seem to believe it was they who shouldered the brunt of the war effort.

(If I speak so sensibly, maybe some of yall should vote for me in the elections ;-)).

Senator Badajoz would have our nation be a Spanish Colony after they realised we had no armed forces!

Fellow politicians, the election of Romano will not mean the destruction of the armed forces. It will mean cutbacks, yes, but not the dissolution of the army. I believe that Romano has good economic policies. If these polices pay off you could have three times as many men under your command in ten years. The strong industrial base I believe military cut-backs could produce could make us the most powerful state in South America.

-Armando de Vasces

Senator Badajoz would have our nation be a Spanish Colony after they realised we had no armed forces!

And if not the Spanish, we would quickly be under attack by the Bolivians and Peruvians. This is not a matter of who did what during the revolution, nor of how our economy may be shaped. This is a matter of national security, for with the drastic reductions in the military being proposed we will be left undefended and at the mercy of our jealous neighbors.

Jealous neighbors, or starving citizens?

We are supposed to represent the interests of the Chilean people, and you would betray their trust in a post-turmoil government by taxing them half to death?

A starving populace under their own democratically elected government, or a starving populace under an oppressive conquering nation who rules with a foreign iron fist. As our economy grows and trade flows, we will not need such drastic taxes, but until then we must do what is neccessary so that our people do not remain starving forever.

(I feel like a tennis racket)

You would prevent the growth of the economy for temporary military force, and bankrupt this country most like in the process.

I declare a better method is to establish relations and military alliances with our natural allies for defense, while keeping the modest army our citizens can actually afford.

Do you see Bolivia with a "modest" army? How about Peru? If we create a "modest" army, we will be quickly attacked and thrown aside. What will our economy matter then, if we lie defeated and under the yoke of foreign oppression. Will we be able to lead another revolution, against a foe right at our door step? I would think yes, but not without the enemy being drained during the initial invasion, something that may not occur with the cuts in the military being proposed.

I would like to say it is rediculouse that we propose to ally with others for our defense. Why would they ally with us if our military forces are next to non existant!

What does an army matter if the country behind it lies in economic waste?

Imagine a world where one can buy a rifle for one peso and pay twenty for a loaf of bread.

"We cannot allow our nation to be vulnerable at this time! Our nation is still very young, and we have hungry neighbors, determined to enslave or destroy the Chilean people once more. If we allow our Military to become a simple rag-tag militia, then our survival is dependent on how our vulturous neighbors moods are!"

-General Cesar Roseno