• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(Lets not fight... The issue was not the brigade, it was whether you could change your allegiance while gloa could not. If both of you were allowed to change your allegiance, I would kick myself for giving you a brigade but would not care).

(I am always scared to say this Thunderhawk... but isnt Riccardo for the coup?)

((Zagoroth sent me an official list of all brigades and all commanders when he took office, King, you weren't on it.))

For those of us just joining, Zepeda in collaboration with Badajoz has declared a coup to seize the government and install Zepeda as President.

After receiving three complaints (and there are only 8 of you), I've decided to allow allegiance switching for this coup but NOT NEXT TIME OR EVER AGAIN. I had to restart the playthrough because of people switching while I played. The below are FINAL coup allegiances. If you want to switch again... too bad.

Coup Update

Ministers:

Minister of the Interior: Zepeda ((thekinguter)) -- FOR
Minister of the Treasury: Romano ((Pallen)) -- AGAINST
Foreign Adviser: Gale ((Welshdude))
Adviser of Military Affairs: Alvarez ((Gloa)) -- FOR

Generals:

Grand General of the North: Antonio de Santa Rosa ((Riccardo77)) -- AGAINST
Rear Guard of the Grand Army of the North: Carrow ((Seek75)) -- AGAINST
Grand General of the South: Roseno (Red Cesar) -- AGAINST
Colonel (?) Carrera ((King50000)) -- AGAINST

Update incoming.

((Isn't Riccardo for the coup?))

((Isn't Riccardo for the coup?))

He sent me a PM saying he wanted to switch. The three switching were him, King, and Gloa. He and King switched to against, Gloa switched to For.

(Lets not fight... The issue was not the brigade, it was whether you could change your allegiance while gloa could not. If both of you were allowed to change your allegiance, I would kick myself for giving you a brigade but would not care).

(I am always scared to say this Thunderhawk... but isnt Riccardo for the coup?)

((I don't understand what you are talking about, but TH said I don't get the brigade either way, so my support or not does t matter, and I am confused as to Gloa's stance.))

Zepeda's rhetoric, and his... lust for power have convinced me otherwise. I hope this horrible matter can be resolved without bloodshed, and I am loathe to fight my own people, but I shall to protect liberty... I have the utmost respect for you, President Badajoz; you know this, but I cannot back a man who has supported state capitalism, jingoism, and has mulled over imprisoning rivals... I will not stand for such Tyranny! I will fight for Liberty! For Chile!

((He's loyal to Zapeda, he's for the coup.))

He PMed me asking to switch, Cesar. Now everyone just calm down and read some Ambition or something while I figure out how this plays out.

This has become so convoluted I almost want to drop my support as well and remain aloof from this coup...

((Now I don't feel as awkward. Since, y'know...having two generals, one for and one against a coup in the same place at the same time is sort of...weird.))
(("So... we're the only ones left here aren't we?"
"Yeah, seems so."
"So... attack the Argentinians here?"
"No, we don't have the forces... since I sent half my army to, er, support the coup that you're against."
"Oh yeah."))

((I don't understand what you are talking about, but TH said I don't get the brigade either way, so my support or not does t matter, and I am confused as to Gloa's stance.))
Alvarez came back from surveying the Argentinian front thinking everything was fine only to find tons of messengers telling him about the crazy happenings in Chile. He declared that the Ministry of War was to be loyal to the lawfully elected Badajoz government and arranged to prepare against any coups and to figure out what was happening. Badajoz declared to support the coup and with the majority of the Army sending him messages that they were supporting Zepeda Alzarez ordered the ministry to support Zepeda and use its preparations against Roseno and other counter-coup factions instead - hoping it would bring about less bloodshed and promised that the coup would be fair and move towards democracy in time, only upsetting the status quo for awhile.

He, er, might have been wrong.

((Think we might need some further restructuring and/or explanation of the coup system, because so far it hasn't worked out incredibly well.))

((What are you talking about? This went splendidly))

((What happens now that the army is unilaterally opposed to the coup, and the ministers are divided? Civil War? Negotiation? Who becomes president since the coup forces have lost?))

((Yeah its a bit confusing at the moment.))

((Also the main reason I don't want to back Roseno is that I think that no matter who takes power we will see a dictator for at least a minor amount of time, and frankly Zepeda despite his state capitalism (Which he said was only untill the economy was built more) Is just the more palatable choice.))

EDIT: I propose some negotiations, anything is better than open war.

((Also the main reason I don't want to back Roseno is that I think that no matter who takes power we will see a dictator for at least a minor amount of time, and frankly Zepeda despite his state capitalism (Which he said was only untill the economy was built more) Is just the more palatable choice.))

((Not to be arrogant or anything, or power-mad, but I can take command. I support a free market, and have moved against the authoritarian coup (as I perceived it to be). As well, I would bring military and business experience and try to bring some stability back to Chile. Of course, I will support any capitalist, liberty-oriented president. And I would prefer to remain with my troops and finish the war personally, and maybe run for president later))

auroradechile.jpg

((The media was a collection of pamphlets everywhere, just imagine it in post-colonial Lat. Am. :p))

The war - and war it is now - is out of our hands now.

EDIT: I propose some negotiations, anything is better than open war.
((I would [OOC of course] propose Romano as the temporary dictator, given his previous status in the Cabinet and acceptability to many factions of the revolt. He was clearly against the revolt, moderate in government beforehand, and not a general.

You're right, though. Unless they just prop up Badajoz with precautions against any coup support (which some seemed to support) either side is going to have to have some temporary provisional government since there's no elected leader to hand the presidency to.))