• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((personally, I think you should (my humble opinion, O mighty one). It would create a more interesting atmosphere, and would be more realistic))

((Indeed, and i dont think we should talk about rebelling in stacks. Gets bit too complicated, cant we just say who supports and who doesent then assume both armies gather then fight a war?))

I have to admit, I am alarmed by the statements made by Zepeda; I support freedom, both in the market and for the individual. I demand reassurance that you, Zepeda, will only use force when absolutely necessary, you will support laissez-faire capitalism, and that you will not take authoritarian measures against this glorious Republic!

I'm sorry about my statements. People make mistakes. A fair war-trial will be held and we will openly discuss what will the punishments be.. once this ais all back to normal. I'm sorry, but I get carried away.

((But I didn't know what was going on... Please let me not support this coup?))

I don't actually have you in control of a Brigade, King. I... don't know if that's good or bad from your perspective, but you don't really have any power. In light of that, I'll let you switch to not supporting if you like, but note that the reason I don't want people to switch is because I'm halfway through the fricken' playthrough right now.

"Now that you've faced resistance to your "send politicians to their death" rhetoric you change your mind, as to not lose support for your coup. You will return with these death sentences as soon as you've solidified your power."

-General Cesar Roseno

I'm sorry about my statements. People make mistakes. A fair war-trial will be held and we will openly discuss what will the punishments be.. once this ais all back to normal. I'm sorry, but I get carried away.

"Sore exouse. I atleast know what you really have in store for me now."

(Thunderhawk, I was talking about the insistence that the Northern Army, not the capitol stack, be split apart as a major colonel wants to leave and the general supports the Coup. I do plead continual ignorance on the capitol stack. It would seem that, depending on where gloa lies, there are equal parts in favor and against the Coup with the current president in favor. How do all these elements come together?)

(Perhaps your the smart one Carrow)

(This whole thing is an explanation about how "In theory, theory is better than practice. In practice, practice is")

((So if I get this right, the capital stack, Roseno, and a portion of the mobilized army [due to Romano] are supporting the anti-Zepedists, while Badajoz, another portion of the mobilized army [due to Zepeda], and the other generals who previously gave support for Zepeda's coup are supporting the Zepedists*?))

*Calling them the government and the coup starts to get really confusing really quickly with all the counter-coup-ness.

I stay within Argentina. Either way, someone has to remain.
((Poor Carrow, all alone against the Argentinians. Or perhaps now is Carrow's time to shine?))

...I don't think I'm going to allow people to switch support during a coup. One you've declared, you've declared.
((Alvarez supported the Badajoz government against overthrow (at a time when Zepeda's uprising was still not clearly aligned and Roseno was a potential second coup). Now with the coup clearly supported by the government and the actual rebellion being that of the counter-coup, the Ministry is supporting Zepeda and co. and suppressing any other coup type attempts. He hasn't really switched sides - his loyalty stands with not-fighting-the-Liberales, whichever side that represents*)).

The Minister of War is clearly a flip-flopping opportunist to consider changing his position so quickly after declaring support for the current President. Antofagasta will prosper or die proudly, nobly, and consciously.
The Ministry of War has always supported the Badajoz government in its efforts to maintain law and democracy (albeit in sometimes indirect ways) in Chile. It is against the coup of Roseno and company, but for the transition lead by Zepeda and Badajoz ((and is also still quite confused - we're blaming that on Alvarez only recently returning to the capitol after surveying the Argentine War frontlines)).

((We could explain the support of the Ministry of War being due to confusing and conflicting orders and anti-Zepedans ignoring later orders to support Zepeda - similarly with the other switched ones. If it's confusing for us it would probably be ten times more confusing for actual Chilean brigades trying to figure out who to fight for))

Last edited:
Hey! I haven't left Argentina! I only sent a brigade! I'm still there with Carrow; unless Thunderhawk ignored the post... I... posted...

(In the collective ignorance of this thread)

Lets just see how ThunderHawk played this out, at this point I am clueless what everything means.

((Zagoroth sent me an official list of all brigades and all commanders when he took office, King, you weren't on it.))

For those of us just joining, Zepeda in collaboration with Badajoz has declared a coup to seize the government and install Zepeda as President.

After receiving three complaints (and there are only 8 of you), I've decided to allow allegiance switching for this coup but NOT NEXT TIME OR EVER AGAIN. I had to restart the playthrough because of people switching while I played. The below are FINAL coup allegiances. If you want to switch again... too bad.

Coup Update

Ministers:

Minister of the Interior: Zepeda ((thekinguter)) -- FOR
Minister of the Treasury: Romano ((Pallen)) -- AGAINST
Foreign Adviser: Gale ((Welshdude))
Adviser of Military Affairs: Alvarez ((Gloa)) -- FOR

Generals:

Grand General of the North: Antonio de Santa Rosa ((Riccardo77)) -- AGAINST
Rear Guard of the Grand Army of the North: Carrow ((Seek75)) -- AGAINST
Grand General of the South: Roseno (Red Cesar) -- AGAINST
Colonel (?) Carrera ((King50000)) -- AGAINST

Update incoming.