• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((inbox cleared))

((Spam bot has declared his allegiance! Run for the hills!))
((The Ministry of War is taking all actions necessary against this traitor, Spambot, but I fear his support among the Chilean people is simply too strong.))

"I am sorry Mr. Badajoz, but I cannot do that. The interests of the plotters are not Chile's well being, but personal power. I will continue to march."

-General Cesar Roseno
Let us not muddy Santiago with Chilean blood, General. You are ordered to return to your position. Santiago is well protected against any invasion, I warn you.

The Ministry of War declares that in the interests of Chile's people and government, military commanders are ordered to stand by the peaceful transition of our government ((that is, transitioning to support for the coup)).

Too sad you will be sent to the sulphur mines.

You will not die in battle or face an execution. No, you will die as a prisioner, away from public life.

"So this is the new Liberal policy? Send everyone who disagree's to the sulpher mine and kill them? Like the King of Spain did before the war, this is completetly outragous, but it wont intimidate me to stand down. I am a man of integrity and I shall remain so."

Minister of Treasury Romano

I will not stand by and watch as my friends and colleges are killed for standing for Democracy. I had thought we were ending Liberale tyranny with this coup... I was wrong... I will not support this coup any longer, and call for all true patriots to rise up against the ruse Badajoz has pulled. Mobilize the reserves and defend Chile from this tyranny.

"For this very statement Zapeda, you will hang from the gallows. There is a strong chance, the capital is almost completely in our hands, and Carrow has sided with me. We will triumph against you power hungry monsters. It also appears the ministry of war has declared support for the coup, and I urge all members of the military to dis-regard his orders."

-General Cesar Roseno

We cannot have bloodshed, and we cannot count our corpses. Democracy will reign no matter who wins, and I wish to do this with the least deaths as possible. I call on the Liberales to stand together and weary this storm.

(ThunderHawk, I assume that the rebels will be those against the allegiance of the capitol stack. I also assume that the "rebels" currently only Romero military due to the weakened state of Seek and the allegiance of Riccardo, are still somewhere near the border of Argentina? Or am I bad at assuming?)

Edit: The capitol is currently occupied by the president, interior minister, and the war minister, against the economic minister, and with a neutral foreign adviser. It is safe to assume the capitol is under the control of the government and not those fighting against their presidente.

"So this is the new Liberal policy? Send everyone who disagree's to the sulpher mine and kill them? Like the King of Spain did before the war, this is completetly outragous, but it wont intimidate me to stand down. I am a man of integrity and I shall remain so."

Minister of Treasury Romano

What other punishment did you think you would have as a man who steals government property (weapons, uniforms) to attack the nation he took an oath to defend, defying a direct order from the commander-in-chief to stand down in arms, and also openly talking about dismantling this current democratically elected administration? You will have severe punishments. War trials will be held, and you face either an execution, imprisionment or permanent exile and removal of citizenship.

You broke your oath. You stole a regiment, together with weapons and equipment the government paid for. You endanger the country AND government. You attack your nation in times of war. You defy the president and want to violently remove him from his charge.

I have to admit, I am alarmed by the statements made by Zepeda; I support freedom, both in the market and for the individual. I demand reassurance that you, Zepeda, will only use force when absolutely necessary, you will support laissez-faire capitalism, and that you will not take authoritarian measures against this glorious Republic!

"I'd like to thank Colonel Carrera for his support in these times. In these dark times we face two choices, doing what is easy, submitting to the enemies of democracy or doing what is right, standing on your feet, head high and defending the values you have fought, lived and die for. Viva la Chile! Viva Democratia!"

- Minister Treasury Romano

The Ministry of War declares that in the interests of Chile's people and government, military commanders are ordered to stand by the peaceful transition of our government ((that is, transitioning to support for the coup)).

...I don't think I'm going to allow people to switch support during a coup. One you've declared, you've declared.

"Treachery? You're couping the current regime for the sole reason that you have not been able to attain power in the past. You shall not survive this war Zapeda. Carrera and I shall march and reclaim our nation."

-General Cesar Roseno

Zepeda, I too find this bloody rhetoric not appropriate.

Colonel Carrera, it would seem you are rebelling against the current army stack in place. Not a tactical position

(If gloa is not allowed to change decision within the period of an hour, than neither can Carrera and the Northern Army must remain intact in support of our government.)

...I don't think I'm going to allow people to switch support during a coup. One you've declared, you've declared.

((personally, I think you should (my humble opinion, O mighty one). It would create a more interesting atmosphere, and would be more realistic))

The Minister of War is clearly a flip-flopping opportunist to consider changing his position so quickly after declaring support for the current President. Antofagasta will prosper or die proudly, nobly, and consciously.

Zepeda, I too find this bloody rhetoric not appropriate.

Colonel Carrera, it would seem you are rebelling against the current army stack in place. Not a tactical position

For like the 8th time, zagoroth, the Capital Stack supports the STATUS QUO GOVERNMENT. They are always the LAST to support a coup.