• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is the act of a child, Senor Andonie, to preserve your power at the expense of the Republic. It is infantile to sacrifice your nation before your presidency. Only the mind of an infant could regard those willing to forsake their personal privileges in order to uphold democracy as being "deluded". And only a true madman could see the cowering subservience of your cabinet and assert their actions were out of love and loyalty, and not self-interest. As I recall, Cesar Roseno summoned his minions in cabinet to support his bid for dominance, just as he condemned the Republicanos as agents of disorder acting against a legitimate government. You are every aspect his successor, save for his intelligence.

I care not for my life, which is forfeit. Even if there is sincerity in you offer of amnesty, the alternative would be slavery in your sham cabinet or exile. I would sooner choose death then submit to either of those ignoble and cowardly ends. Thus you can threaten me only on two counts: my reputation and my career. The former you have already smeared beyond recognition, and the latter you have destroyed. I have nothing to lose by my present course of action except my life, and nothing to gain by my surrender except the continuation of your illegitimate presidency. If I am successful, then justice will be done; if all is lost, then I shall fall with honour.

If I can achieve anything in this action, then it will be to place your name in the same company of that of Santa Anna, and thus render it synonymous with all the harshest excesses of tyranny and despotism. I have forced you to play your hand and so exposed you as a capricious and brutal autocrat, so that five years to this day when the people of Chile convene to elect a new president of the Republic, they will see only a bloodstained tyrant and traitor, who conspired against even his friends to seize power from the people.

You forget, Senor Rivera, that I stood against all the coups launched against government during my ministerial career. I have never once hesitated in my support for the Republic and for the elected government, regardless of who was at its head. The Araya affair enjoyed the sponsorship of my friend, the late Senor Cortez, and even then I did not abandon the government. I worked tirelessly to secure cooperation between the parties, even against the wishes of my friends and supporters. Despite this, I was still betrayed when it became expedient for Senor Andonie to do so - something you should bear in mind, before you start declaring unwavering loyalty to him.

- V. Severino

Last edited:
(( Seems I'm not the one participating in a failed coup this time.. and it feels great!))

Señor Aragón, we need your support. It's of utmost importance that the republic is saved from Severino.

Last edited:
You forget, Senor Rivera, that I stood against all the coups launched against government during my ministerial career. I have never once hesitated in my support for the Republic and for the elected government, regardless of who was at its head. The Araya affair enjoyed the sponsorship of my friend, the late Senor Cortez, and even then I did not abandon the government. I worked tirelessly to secure cooperation between the parties, even against the wishes of my friends and supporters. Despite this, I was still betrayed when it became expedient for Senor Andonie to do so - something you should bear in mind, before you start declaring unwavering loyalty to him.
- V. Severino

I do not ask for unswerving loyalty. You forget Sir that I considered you my friend and you lied to me. You lied about your party voting communist you lied that you had the support of General Rivera when you did not. All I have heard is a litany of lies. And yet you accuse me of deceit. It was you Senor that started this ball rolling, you began the deceptions and now being on the end of it it leaves a bitter taste so you resort to violence. Everything happening here now is down to you. YOu betrayed my friendship with your lies. You started this coup and I fear it will only finish with your death, much as this saddens me. You appear determined to be a martyr, not to some noble cause like Santandera but to cover up your own lies and mistakes. The history books I fear will not judge you kindly Sir but you will not be there to read them.

With all your experience in deception, Senor Andonie, you should know that a lie - no matter how often repeated - remains false.

I warned you, with good reason, that the Nacionales would be loathe to support another Liberal presidency, and that they might choose - as they did on the occasion of the last election - to lodge a protest vote for the opposition. This would have been so, if I had not personally pleaded with my supporters to vote for the coalition. If I had not honoured my agreement, then you would not be president, and this entire episode would have never happened. But I upheld my loyalty; in return, you revoked your promise and condemned my party after they had just delivered you victory. You speak of betrayal, yet it was I who gave you a second term while you plotted to deprive my party of representation. You did not even inform me of your intentions until your public announcement - an obvious attempt to humiliate the Partido Nacional, which had fought and sacrificed to get the Grand Coalition into power. You are not just a tyrant and a liar, Senor Andonie: you are also startlingly ungrateful. Your lamentations of lost friendship and personal betrayal are as hollow as the promises you made to my party for their support.

I trust that the history books will not treat me favourably, for history is written by the victors. But the court of public opinion shall exonerate me.

- V. Severino

"The false Andonie must be stopped. His lies and betrayals can't trick anyone anymore. His tyranny is the same as Cesar Roseno's. They are both failure emperors. Join Union Popular and take up arms against Andonie and his Germanista thugs".

Colonel Weissmuller, due to your actions, you shall be apprehended and court-martialed on the charges of treason.

~General Alvarez

"I disapprove of Andonie just as much as Senor Severino does. However, I am not yet willing to risk the lives of my soldiers unless it was for a good cause, one where their lives would not be wasted. That looks frighteningly likely, since three of the four other armies march to defend the President from a man who has been denied what he deserves. I disapproved of the previous coup because although Araya was my friend, supporting him would have unnecessarily risked the lives of Chileans. At that time, the coup would have been damaging to Chile.

"There is a problem here, though. Clearly, Andonie remaining in power would be damaging to Chile, but to risk my army would cause unnecessary deaths among the people of Chile. Severino's grievances are just, however, and there is no legitimate reason below Heaven why they were denied. However, I have no wish to dishonour the people of Chile by leading them to an unnecessary end.

"I cannot bring myself to support either side. However, I have made a decision of my own. I will resign my commission, since it would be dishonoured should Andonie stay. The Army will march at the prerogative of its new commander. I abstain. I have no wish to defend Andonie's illegitimate regime, but neither do I wish to cause unnecessary deaths."

Ex-General Severiano Miramontes

Last edited:
((So the forums weren't loading for me for a day or so - anyone care to fill in what happened? As far as I could tell by a quick skim through, it was all betrayal, corruption, shenanigans, and coups. Fairly typical Chile stuff.))

((So the forums weren't loading for me for a day or so - anyone care to fill in what happened? As far as I could tell by a quick skim through, it was all betrayal, corruption, shenanigans, and coups. Fairly typical Chile stuff.))

((Same thing happened for me - no idea why?))

(( a lot to catch up on. Andonie won the election 14-9 but then made a speech claiming deciet by the nacionales therefore they would receive no cabinet or generalships. This caused an uproar leading to Severino leading a coup against andonie. However so far no one has supported it. If it fails the new government will have a split of liberlaes and Republicanos in cabinet and the army plus a nacional in the army. YOu sir are Admiral again :) ))

Edit ((i nwas thinking there were a few regulars not around))

"I disapprove of Andonie just as much as Senor Severino does. However, I am not yet willing to risk the lives of my soldiers unless it was for a good cause, one where their lives would not be wasted. That looks frighteningly likely, since three of the four other armies march to defend the President from a man who has been denied what he deserves. I disapproved of the previous coup because although Araya was my friend, supporting him would have unnecessarily risked the lives of Chileans. At that time, the coup would have been damaging to Chile.

"There is a problem here, though. Clearly, Andonie remaining in power would be damaging to Chile, but to risk my army would cause unnecessary deaths among the people of Chile. Severino's grievances are just, however, and there is no legitimate reason below Heaven why they were denied. However, I have no wish to dishonour the people of Chile by leading them to an unnecessary end.

"I cannot bring myself to support either side. However, I have made a decision of my own. I will resign my commission, since it would be dishonoured should Andonie stay. The Army will march at the prerogative of its new commander. I abstain. I have no wish to defend Andonie's illegitimate regime, but neither do I wish to cause unnecessary deaths."

Ex-General Severiano Miramontes

General, We clearly do not see eye to eye but I applaud your decision and understand how difficult it must have been to make. I know you do not want my thanks but you have it regardless, not for my sake but for the lives of Chileans you have saved.

Presidente Andonie

((Same thing happened for me - no idea why?))
((No clue. Just a mysterious DNS failure all the time, and now mysteriously working again.))

(( a lot to catch up on. Andonie won the election 14-9 but then made a speech claiming deciet by the nacionales therefore they would receive no cabinet or generalships. This caused an uproar leading to Severino leading a coup against andonie. However so far no one has supported it. If it fails the new government will have a split of liberlaes and Republicanos in cabinet and the army plus a nacional in the army. YOu sir are Admiral again :) ))

Edit ((i nwas thinking there were a few regulars not around))
((I see (I'll have to update my signature... although perhaps after the coup resolves itself and the new government goes into effect, just in case).))

"Let's be honest; my compassion for humanity was the only reason I didn't back the coup. It was technically justified, but my own morality prevented from leading my men to death at the hands of their own countrymen."

Severiano Miramontes

Alright, here's an update on coup.

Minister of the Interior - V Severino ((Syriana)) COUP
Minister of the Treasury - Romano ((Pallen)) ANDONIE
Minister of Foreign Affairs - Subercasseux ((Lyonessian)) ANDONIE
Minister of War - Aragon ((zagoroth))
Minister of Political Affairs - De Santa Rosa((Riccardo93)) ANDONIE

Army of the North - General Roseno ((King50000)) ABSTAIN
Army of the South - General Miramontes ((Ivir Baggins)) ABSTAIN
Army of Patagonia - General Rivera ((atomicsoda)) ANDONIE
Reserve Army - General Alvarez ((Maxwell500)) ANDONIE
Navy - Admiral Zepeda ((thekinguter)) ANDONIE

I'm going to wait a very short time for zagoroth to get his say in, probably until tomorrow morning.

What is happening to our republic? So much coups in 20 years? What is the world coming to! The foundation of our democracy is shaking, and I fear that 20 years from now on we might be under a conservative presidential dictatorship or a dictatorship of the proletariat.

(( PM'd zagoroth about the coup. Hopefully he'll read the PM and rush into the topic to vote ))

I neither expected nor requested that General Miramontes should intervene in this affair so I am gladdened that he has chosen to abstain. This is a matter of internal justice, and I did not wish to have it blackened by association to the military coups of yesteryear. If the rest of the political and military establishment had simply followed his honourable example and stood aside to allow the just deposition of Senor Andonie, then his support would not have even been necessary to ensure that the tyrant was brought to justice without hindrance.

As it stands, self-interest has trumped loyalty to the Republic, and now I stand alone. It is no matter. The weapons you bring to bear against me are the very evidence of your tyranny, and thus your undoing. You can march your soldiers on Santiago. You can bring your fist crushing down on the capital. You can force the recognition of your unjust ascension that deception and connivance could not obtain. All you shall prove is the callousness and brutality on which your despicable despotate is based. My cause shall be vindicated, and your regime exposed.

Let the immortal cry of the liberators ring through Santiago, and radiate out across the Republic:

¡Abajo los tiranos!

- V. Severino

I neither expected nor requested that General Miramontes should intervene in this affair so I am gladdened that he has chosen to abstain. This is a matter of internal justice, and I did not wish to have it blackened by association to the military coups of yesteryear. If the rest of the political and military establishment had simply followed his honourable example and stood aside to allow the just deposition of Senor Andonie, then his support would not have even been necessary to ensure that the tyrant was brought to justice without hindrance.

As it stands, self-interest has trumped loyalty to the Republic, and now I stand alone. It is no matter. The weapons you bring to bear against me are the very evidence of your tyranny, and thus your undoing. You can march your soldiers on Santiago. You can bring your fist crushing down on the capital. You can force the recognition of your unjust ascension that deception and connivance could not obtain. All you shall prove is the callousness and brutality on which your despicable despotate is based. My cause shall be vindicated, and your regime exposed.

Let the immortal cry of the liberators ring through Santiago, and radiate out across the Republic:

¡Abajo los tiranos!

- V. Severino

((everyone loves a martyr :) ))