• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will try to work towards Ironclads. I am right though that it is the light ships which give colony points?

I will try to work towards Ironclads. I am right though that it is the light ships which give colony points?
All ships except transports. Ironclads and moniters give the most, ironclads give 2 more a ship

Good update, army professionalism line was a good one to go up as it gives you better generals. Looks like the war is going well for you, are you in any position to add war goals?

Sadly the war ends without me being in a strong position to do much. Being that it was primarily against Austria the fight with France isn't good for much aside from practice. Come and see.

Part 11

Once you take that Region form Ethiopia you can take it all for 10 infamy and you only need 1 or 2 more regions from eygpt and you can do the same to them. You will be able to establish a protectorate 4 regions uncivs because you got nationalism and imperialism. You could do this to dai nam (3 regions) and Korea (4 regions) to name a few possible targets with some sort of interest/importance.

Right...and if I get the next level on that tech tree I lose that ability don't I?

No

Huh...I thought there was a tech level where you lost that. Hmmmmm...maybe my Russia game was just weird. Anyhows...more invasions in Africa!

Part 12

Great update, get machine guns next so you can go and colonise, I hope your turning out ships left right and center to get those coloniel points

Sadly I got a bit distracted from shipbuliding.

Oh that is sad. Shame you didn't prepare for the scramble better

Firstly, great updates.

Part 11:
1. I would always mobilise my army when I am going to fight a war - particularly against someone as big as France.
2. I think you did the right thing eventually - given the real size difference between you and France, keep your armies together otherwise they will divide and conquer. When you are Italy it becomes a different story - especially allied with Germany you can rip France to shreds.
3. If you want to be a serious military player, even at such a (relatively) small size, you should keep your military spending up (I always keep mine about 81%) and put some soldier national focuses on. You now have an increasingly large colonial empire, see where the soldier pops are using the relevant map mode, try to grow them and make sure you also focus on the red ones to make them self sufficient again.
4. c. 12.33 - I don't know if I have invented this but does Sicily not have sulphur? If so then the clean coal benefits that too from what I remember so, if true, that is another reason why it is an advantage for Two Sicilies.
5. c. 13.24 - there are two projects in the projects tab - have a look in that tab occasionally, are there nice factories or rail roads you could fund to hurry them along a bit?
6. On the same theme, be careful with your factory priorities - see the white bar in the Campagnia and Puglia factories next to the workers? Are you intending to prioritise those particular factories or was that an accidental click?
7. Technology - how are you doing with army techs? Remember to compete with France, etc you need to also focus on this. Personally, I think you are ignoring that too much.
8. 18.40 - Austria is a secondary power, you should absolutely check the mini states in Italy. Were any of them in Austria's sphere and are they now sphereless? If so, now is the time to look at influencing them before Sardinia-Piedmont or France do.

Part 12:
1. 2.17 - I notice you are attacking armies in mountainous areas and that you did it with France earlier too. Very much to avoid - you take many more casualties that way and there really is no need. Wait for them to go onto flat land later. Also, once the fight is over, pause the game and hover the mouse over to see where their defeated army is going. If you are strong enough, you can follow them and wipe them out.
2. 18.32 - I noticed one closed factory there. Annoyingly there is no way I know to get a pop up warning when that happens, just have to keep an eye. - OK, you are Liberal as you found out later, this is why I hate Laissez-Faire. At this point, I would manually call and election and use the election events to help me.
3. At the end, looks like the alliance system is going nicely in your favour to form Italy and well done for getting S-P out of France's sphere. Can't believe they didn't put up more of a fight for that...

Some stuff about the games coming up. I do need to get more soldiers going that is a flaw. However Austria regains her position as a Great Power and Germany...isn't proving to be the source of backup I had been hoping for. I have gotten my government system more or less where I want it so thats good. All that is left to make Italy is Lombardia...but that is going to be tricky. Update soon.

Some stuff about the games coming up. I do need to get more soldiers going that is a flaw. However Austria regains her position as a Great Power and Germany...isn't proving to be the source of backup I had been hoping for. I have gotten my government system more or less where I want it so thats good. All that is left to make Italy is Lombardia...but that is going to be tricky. Update soon.

In my experience, admittedly as Sardinia-Piedmont rather than Two Sicilies, if you manage a successful war against Austria, you can usually get enough war score to take Lombardy, Venezia and sometimes Tirol or Istria as well. You should at least be able to get the first two :)

But you get a decsion to get cores on the rest so that's infamy that doesn't need to be spent

But you get a decsion to get cores on the rest so that's infamy that doesn't need to be spent

When does it kick in?

I don't think I am a bad player but I think the way I play can be a bit wasteful infamy wise. What do you do about adding war goals (obviously very infamy intensive)?

After Italy forms you get cores on all that land,, when you enact the decision, I like to take colonys with my infamy or take uncivs

Well maybe I am missing something because I have everything sphered except for the Lombardia stuff I believe and still no chance to make Italy. Austria is a Great Power right now and Germany is weak after several beatings from France and Russia.

Part 13

The only other way to form Italy is from redshirt's which will take over one minor and give you a 50/50 chance of getting an event to make Italy, the other 50/50 chance is Sardinia, no matter what. You'll get a chance because your a great power. If you weren't a GP and red shirts took over any other Italian state Sardinia would automatically get the crown in the gutter.
(Sorry if that didn't make sense)

Hmmm....so what happens to me if Sardinia gets the even instead of me?