• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MJF

Lt. General
9 Badges
Dec 31, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
In waiting for the much anticipated, frequently discussed, painstakingly labored upon update 1.13, Nostalgia reared its subtle yet beckoning head.

Guess what update I'm playing....

GuessTheVersion.png

Checksum NVWR.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I wouldn't have a clue! 1.08?

I wouldn't have a clue! 1.08?
That, or 1.07 are the reasonable guesses. 1.02! D/L from Gamersgate in an attempt to install that DH-AOD MEC mod, but this is vanilla 1.02. It's easier to do Sealion, given the unguarded Cardiff, but my CAS's and TAC's are getting slaughtered Port striking 90 UK ships in Scapa Flo. This is actually a second pass, but in addition to 7 CV's in 2 fleets, this time I went with Pocket BBs (CA IVs) instead of BB IV's, and without expanding the Naval brigades. They recently won a battle vs UK BBs!

Some elements are harder, given the lack of the boosts to Germany that came with later patches, the ghost fleets, the 30+ allied divisions you're given at the start of a new attack, and the higher Luftwaffe casualties. But all-in-all, it's a fun deviation. It was especially fun to invade Canada in the Summer of 1941 and watch the USA sit back while you spread units all along the 49th Parallel. Shades of the HOI II days!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
No. 1.02 has only Oslo and Narvik as critical. 1 Par Div + 1 Tra plane is so expensive.

In the above pic I hadn't hit Norway yet. Also, I must manually liberate England with 5% dissent.

No. 1.02 has only Oslo and Narvik as critical. 1 Par Div + 1 Tra plane is so expensive.

In the above pic I hadn't hit Norway yet. Also, I must manually liberate England with 5% dissent.
...And it's giving me the toughest Barbarossa I've faced in years:

TuffGoin.png

345 USSR Inf divisions plus armor at the start - Aug 29, 1940. Intelligence reports they are down to 243 Inf & 14 Arm currently. Pockets taking a while to mop up, esp since Nat Spain decided to spam 75 or so Militia vs infantry. Their 6 MT divisions will help.