• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This should be fixed now :)

The mod is now updated to version 3.2. Check it out on Steam!

Hi, I found the mod in Steam Workshop, but I'd rather download it manually (like all the mods I use).
Unfortunately the MediaFire link from the first post is outdated (2.7.1 version) - can you update it or share the link here?

Try the Steam file downloader...

It would be cool to be able to go to war like that, a practitioner of the Faith of Seven with claim in The Reach started an invasion, it would be interesting to let the Lords of Faith of the Seven be able to participate on the invader's side.

20200205013815_1.jpg

@Austregisel
Good idea! Will have to review how feasible that will be (without making things too hectic).

Beta7 is technically a thing now - I've just introduced a number of different features, including a custom-built building system that is heavily integrated into my resource system, so on top of the changes everyone else has been chipping away at for the last few months, thought it'd be a good point for another release.

Not such a big deal for anyone who has been grabbing the mod from the Git, but most users appear to use steam.

Will get it uploaded to steam as soon as steam decides to work. Apparently as it stands I'm unable to update the mod, and have been attempting to update on and off for an hour or two..

Do note:
  • I've not had much time to balance the building system, including start-up generation & infrastructure. Next on the list is a little info event telling you what infrastructure is, and then gradual changes towards building balance.
  • Unique buildings haven't been touched yet, so are a far cry from where we want them.
  • Culture modifiers are going to need a fair bit of tweaking.
  • Haven't added retinues back in, but that should be coming soonish.
  • Suggestions are welcome, including ideas for new structures or building chains (or new resources and associated buildings), general balance and so on so forth.

@Austregisel
Good idea! Will have to review how feasible that will be (without making things too hectic).

Beta7 is technically a thing now - I've just introduced a number of different features, including a custom-built building system that is heavily integrated into my resource system, so on top of the changes everyone else has been chipping away at for the last few months, thought it'd be a good point for another release.

Not such a big deal for anyone who has been grabbing the mod from the Git, but most users appear to use steam.

Will get it uploaded to steam as soon as steam decides to work. Apparently as it stands I'm unable to update the mod, and have been attempting to update on and off for an hour or two..

Do note:
  • I've not had much time to balance the building system, including start-up generation & infrastructure. Next on the list is a little info event telling you what infrastructure is, and then gradual changes towards building balance.
  • Unique buildings haven't been touched yet, so are a far cry from where we want them.
  • Culture modifiers are going to need a fair bit of tweaking.
  • Haven't added retinues back in, but that should be coming soonish.
  • Suggestions are welcome, including ideas for new structures or building chains (or new resources and associated buildings), general balance and so on so forth.

Hey bud a few comments and questions.

Is there a list of unique characters with special events? As an example the Darklyn's seem to have a unique event for their house involving the shadow in the town. I couldn't find any list of unique characters with interesting events or pushed storylines.

Secondly crashing is a huge issue with the mod. You can be fine for a period of time but eventually you reach a point where you're just hard crashing every few minutes no matter what you do.

Multiplayer use to be a thing with this mod, but now you crash INSTANTLY when you advance time. My friend and I use to play together a year+ ago and we had a great time but now it looks like multiplayer is basically unplayable.

Seems the biggest thing holding this mod back currently is the crashing, errors and issues.

What could have made the texture look like this? I'm just using The Seven Kingdoms Beta7 mod | GoT | Updated Mar 2020, The Seven Kingdoms Portraits and CPRplus. And ck2 is the newest version, 3.3.3.

20200528185934_1.jpg

I'm getting the same thing with textures, and only using TSK mod (not even the portraits submod and definitly not CPRplus). Not sure what happened. Used to play this some time ago, loved it, but then left CKII for a while. Came back, redownloaded it (from Steam--is that the problem?), and ran into this.

This isn't a complaint at all--just reporting what I'm finding. Love the work you guys do! Thanks for doing it and keep up the amazing work!

What could have made the texture look like this? I'm just using The Seven Kingdoms Beta7 mod | GoT | Updated Mar 2020, The Seven Kingdoms Portraits and CPRplus. And ck2 is the newest version, 3.3.3.

View attachment 582811

I'm getting the same thing with textures, and only using TSK mod (not even the portraits submod and definitly not CPRplus). Not sure what happened. Used to play this some time ago, loved it, but then left CKII for a while. Came back, redownloaded it (from Steam--is that the problem?), and ran into this.

This isn't a complaint at all--just reporting what I'm finding. Love the work you guys do! Thanks for doing it and keep up the amazing work!

Just wanted to say that other than the graphics looking a little wonky zoomed out (they look AMAZING zoomed in), the game works really well for me (in single player)! Amazing system with the infrastructure and the specialized buildings, great works, artifacts owned by a few families...wow. Really, amazing work. I'm also trying the portraits submod, which doesn't seem to be working (I've applied the fixes suggested). Not sure if this is a product of the submod not working with the March 2020 update. But really, that's the least of it--just wanted to say THANK YOU again for the great mod, and report that it's working well for me.

Just wanted to say that other than the graphics looking a little wonky zoomed out (they look AMAZING zoomed in), the game works really well for me (in single player)! Amazing system with the infrastructure and the specialized buildings, great works, artifacts owned by a few families...wow. Really, amazing work. I'm also trying the portraits submod, which doesn't seem to be working (I've applied the fixes suggested). Not sure if this is a product of the submod not working with the March 2020 update. But really, that's the least of it--just wanted to say THANK YOU again for the great mod, and report that it's working well for me.
You need to run the submod with CPRplus, it's working for me, but I continue to have the issue with terrain texture

Hey bud a few comments and questions.

Is there a list of unique characters with special events? As an example the Darklyn's seem to have a unique event for their house involving the shadow in the town. I couldn't find any list of unique characters with interesting events or pushed storylines.

Secondly crashing is a huge issue with the mod. You can be fine for a period of time but eventually you reach a point where you're just hard crashing every few minutes no matter what you do.

Multiplayer use to be a thing with this mod, but now you crash INSTANTLY when you advance time. My friend and I use to play together a year+ ago and we had a great time but now it looks like multiplayer is basically unplayable.

Seems the biggest thing holding this mod back currently is the crashing, errors and issues.

Apologies for the late response, responding now more as a 'just in case' others have similar questions and concerns.

We've been trying to get to the root cause of the crashes for a long time now - they were introduced at some point, but I'm not sure when, by changes made by someone on the team - and we've not been able to isolate the root cause. blackninja took a look at one point, but wasn't able to give us any guidance on the cause of the crash (nature of the crashing appears to be more convoluted than hoped).

We've culled 20,000 odd errors, but still haven't come any closer to the cause. I've been working on the mod for the last couple of days, combing through and quite literally gutting large portions of it in an attempt to isolate the 'area' from which the crashing stems.

Strangely enough I only seem to get the crashing on autosaves, so we might have something bad being saved.

Textures will be adjusted. The new textures were sort of an experiment (includes unique textures for all of the new terrain types, for example), but that experiment was kinda sidelined - forgot that they were included in the steam release.

Reactions:
Got some good news!

1596836166641.png

I'll probably push out a new release this weekend on steam, but if you're impatient feel free to check out the git. Google should lead you to it, since we can't link it here. Would appreciate any feedback/bug reports/balance reports before we go ahead.

• We've fixed the random on-save crashing. Turned out the cause was fairly benign, but there was something awry with our defines.lua file (which had been modified directly, rather than handling changes via overrides in our /defines/ folder). Some tests have seen us successfully run the mod for 900 years without a crash in sight, so it also looks like all of the cleaning up we've done in an attempt to resolve that random crash also greatly improved stability.
    • Did I say lots of bugs have been squashed? Stuff like succession laws, randomly switching characters and more.
  • Terrain textures have been given an overhaul, and the map has been touched up a fair bit. So it should look a lot better (there is just one small error left that needs squashing, some weird horizontal banding that has cropped up). We're now using some edited textures from in-heaven's graphical overhaul, so credit to them for some of the textures.
    • Codd island for example in the iron islands has been moved and resized.
    • Stepstones and beyond the wall have been given some love, with more detailed terrain type assignments and more.
    • Essos has also been touched up a bit, with some more terrain variety.
    • Numerous mountains
  • Building system has been overhauled, along with the introduction of regional infrastructure and road systems (this is present in the last release to a degree, but now works properly) - improved via province decision. Buildings are distributed using a hand-built event on startup (similar in nature to the resource system event/s), so that we can fine-control the world economy and all that jazz.

Some pictures:

1596839882392.png

1596839214445.png

1596839273739.png

1596839340515.png

1596839366324.png

1596839451054.png

1596839482086.png

1596839518312.png

1596839579625.png

• 4Love
Reactions:
So glad to see a new official release coming soon! I really do prefer the focus and period of this mod over the standard Game of Thrones mod. Any chance we will finally be able to visit the Freehold without being a dragon?

Love you guys, I had a blast with one of the previous versions but recent one wasn't as good to my taste cos of the crashes and a bit of strange building (infrastructure) system, it is realy great that you went around to give it (even more) love! <3

EDIT:
Oh and maybe you could post static ziped version as well; cos Steam is sometimes screwing up with big CK2 mods.

EDIT2:
I scrolled around the map and it seems that Dragonstone and Driftmark have no holding, I checked the files and everything seems right, so idk what may be an issue....

EDIT3:
Oh it seems that some unexisting special buildings were screwing them.

Last edited:
So glad to see a new official release coming soon! I really do prefer the focus and period of this mod over the standard Game of Thrones mod. Any chance we will finally be able to visit the Freehold without being a dragon?

Just want to double check - but what do you mean by visiting the Freehold? By that, the vanilla Kowtow event? If you could pop me a screenshot or more deets, that'd be super helpful!

Love you guys, I had a blast with one of the previous versions but recent one wasn't as good to my taste cos of the crashes and a bit of strange building (infrastructure) system, it is realy great that you went around to give it (even more) love! <3

EDIT:
Oh and maybe you could post static ziped version as well; cos Steam is sometimes screwing up with big CK2 mods.

EDIT2:
I scrolled around the map and it seems that Dragonstone and Driftmark have no holding, I checked the files and everything seems right, so idk what may be an issue....

EDIT3:
Oh it seems that some unexisting special buildings were screwing them.

Thanks for catching that! Dragonstone and Driftmark should be fixed now in the Git release. Dragonmont (as a unique structure) will need to be re-added, but I'll get that sorted for the release.

Will see if we can get the mod attached here. The steam release is actually cut down versus the Git release, due to the file size softcap.

Just want to double check - but what do you mean by visiting the Freehold? By that, the vanilla Kowtow event? If you could pop me a screenshot or more deets, that'd be super helpful!

Seven Kingdoms Bug.png

This issue has persisted for some time. I remember trying to muck around and change the requirements myself, but removing the dragon conditions caused all matter of issues.

• 1Like
Reactions:
ck2_272.png

Why do all the Essosi group dukes have random vanilla COAs?