• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing as Aegon I conquering Essos, I get CTD any time I try to load up a save past year 8006. I also reformed the Valyrian religion and renamed the duke-level title. Using a Mac. Attached a crashy save and the last non-crashy save.

Attachments

• New_Valyria8008_08_28.ck2
    27,4 MB · Views: 6
  • New_Valyria8006_11_12_2.ck2
    26,1 MB · Views: 3
I noticed a few problems, such as my court limit being 8 for a count level lord, my priest and maester being renamed stormsinger and court physician and on a new playthrough, the game options UI after character selection was all messed up. I've also noticed that the court expenses system seems to leave the NW in a pretty much permanently bankrupt state. So i'm sticking to 3.1 for now

So with ASOIAF finished are we going too get some new bookmarks with events spanning and with the ending?

Also for Great Works, I think it would be a good idea to do the Major Castles as Great Works, IE the Eyrie and Casterly Rock, tho not sure how it will work with Kings Landing since it has the Red Keep, Great Sept of Baelor and the Dragon Pit (Perhaps splitting the individual county up (Aegons Hill-Red Keep, etc) and have the circle and innerlock each other. Then have some generic great works that can be built (Perhaps even doing several generic castle possibilities too allow some variations).

Exceptionalism for Targaryen Incest: I think that we need too look at doing something regarding the faith constantly excommunicating Targaryens because of their “abomination of incest” flag, as this didn’t happen in canon after Jahearys introduced the idea of Exceptionalism.

Two different titles for Westeros: The Seven Kingdoms and the Iron Throne. The Iron Throne title representing the realm forged by Aegon Targaryen and the Targaryen Dynasty, tho still playable and used by other characters after it’s been forged and is symbolized by the use of the Iron Throne (The actual chair).
The Seven Kingdoms (Or 6, or 5, or 4 etc) should be the representative of other formed Kingdoms created by non-targaryens and doesn’t use the Iron Throne (The actual chair) and can be converted by event chain as with the final episode.

Realm stability: I think the independence faction should be modified too start less often after about 50 years of the establishment of the Seven Kingdoms or Iron Throne. As most realms (The North and Iron Islands being the exception) have integrated into the realm by this point and should be allowed to start under certain circumstances (Ie. A mad ruler or ruler with high Tyranny).

Required Seiges for passing of certain areas:
So it always bothered me that army’s could move pass the Bloody Gate without sieging it and the same with the Wall. Is it possible to implement the fort system in other games requiring the sieging of certain counties prior to passing.

Convert titles into Commands and Vice Versa: I would like the ability to convert certain titles into Military Commands and be able too convert he back.

Style suggestion: I’m not sure if it’s possible but I would like the ability too set the Style of our character (so long as it’s not “above” your lieges title)- I want the ability too play as the “Prince” of the Vale.

I appreciate the work you guys have put into this mod and love the work you guys do. Keep it up, we as a community appreciate it.

Last edited:
So with ASOIAF finished are we going too get some new bookmarks with events spanning and with the ending?

Still 2 books missing. Let's pray to the seven, the show isn't canon and that old George finishes the books.

Still 2 books missing. Let's pray to the seven, the show isn't canon and that old George finishes the books.

Welp, George on his blog post about the finale pretty much confirmed that overall that will be his ending (but since he's on a different medium he can easily give a lot more details).

Exceptionalism for Targaryen Incest: I think that we need too look at doing something regarding the faith constantly excommunicating Targaryens because of their “abomination of incest” flag, as this didn’t happen in canon after Jahearys introduced the idea of Exceptionalism.
Maybe some manner of decision only able to be taken by characters with high learning to provide some manner of opinion bonus to negate the "abomination of incest" flag?
Required Seiges for passing of certain areas:
So it always bothered me that army’s could move pass the Bloody Gate without sieging it and the same with the Wall. Is it possible to implement the fort system in other games requiring the sieging of certain counties prior to passing.
Unfortunately it isn't, as far as I'm aware.

I would like to ask about a bug:

So as Aegon I tried for the Harrenhal event like 5 times now. I did it with my sisters and without, I used the dragons straight away, I waited patiently hoping something pops up... nothing. I was wondering whether the event is in the bookmark and if so why I can't get it to fire up. Also if there is... does naming a new family to their land's happen sometime after the conquest or should that be available right away or do I have to do that manually?

Same question regarding the field of fire? Is the event in the start date (I saw a marker for it every time I use the decision "use dragon in battle" in the Reach (using the command char_info) yet it never does give me the field of fire. Is there a place I need to be or some sort of requirements for it? Also do I still need to war the Westerlands or should they submit like they did historically after the field of fire?

Same question with Argillac the arrogant? Is there a specific event I should get to fire or do I have to hope to roast or kill him somehow so the event that allows me to name Orys to Storm's end (which I got) fires? Because if there is supposed to be an event... well there isn't in my game in several tries.

Just curious because I have been told here and on reddit that at least some of the events do exist so I'm interested to know why they won't fire for me.

Maybe some manner of decision only able to be taken by characters with high learning to provide some manner of opinion bonus to negate the "abomination of incest" flag?
This might work but still won’t prevent the High Septon constantly excommunicating Targaryens. Perhaps doing an event where a Targaryen monarch (meeting certain requirements) can introduce the idea and after which characters of that dynasty would loose the flag.

I disagree to remove the abomination of incest modifier, it is a major point of contempt in Westeros. Maybe remove the ability to excommunicate on minimal faith authority.

I disagree to remove the abomination of incest modifier, it is a major point of contempt in Westeros. Maybe remove the ability to excommunicate on minimal faith authority.

True, maybe adding in the Excommunication logic
Is Targaryen-
IfSO is Targaryen Exceptionalism Active
If so the it disables the option to excommunicate and maybe make it allow for it too override that if the ruler has high tyranny or dishonor etc.

I agree that if the faith has low authority they shouldn’t be able to excommunicate members of the royal family and maybe even higher nobility, but still allow the faith to continue to function normally with lower level nobles and non-nobles as it did

I would like to ask about a bug:

So as Aegon I tried for the Harrenhal event like 5 times now. I did it with my sisters and without, I used the dragons straight away, I waited patiently hoping something pops up... nothing. I was wondering whether the event is in the bookmark and if so why I can't get it to fire up. Also if there is... does naming a new family to their land's happen sometime after the conquest or should that be available right away or do I have to do that manually?

Same question regarding the field of fire? Is the event in the start date (I saw a marker for it every time I use the decision "use dragon in battle" in the Reach (using the command char_info) yet it never does give me the field of fire. Is there a place I need to be or some sort of requirements for it? Also do I still need to war the Westerlands or should they submit like they did historically after the field of fire?

Same question with Argillac the arrogant? Is there a specific event I should get to fire or do I have to hope to roast or kill him somehow so the event that allows me to name Orys to Storm's end (which I got) fires? Because if there is supposed to be an event... well there isn't in my game in several tries.

Just curious because I have been told here and on reddit that at least some of the events do exist so I'm interested to know why they won't fire for me.

You need to use the siege of fire decision on Harrenhal, to use the dragon decisions you need to be a dragon rider and lead the army(i think you need to be the main commander, or one of the top three).

About the Argillac, you need to kill him before the war ends, then the event triggers (that will end the war and legitimize Orys).
Or
1) You have the stormlands LP or nobody has it or the empire tier title.
2) You have the storms end county
3) You have argella in your ourt
4) You have orys in your court and he hasn't already said no to this or is a member of the kingsguard

So I've noticed monthly freezes or hiccups when loading the first of every month. At first I assumed they changed Vanilla to process events at the beginning of the month and let them play out, but after playing Vanilla with no such delays I find myself curious what's up with that. Is it something to do with your custom months because I only noticed it now you have a new month system.

Is it also possible to allow the “Designate Heir Title to convert that title and associated counties too a Viceroy type title. That way if your heir dies the title reverts back too you and his family rejoins your court. That way you can arrange things as you want them dynastically.