• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think there are way too many Valyrian Steel Swords in YiTi. Especially ones called Jade and Passion.

Hey, I just got a silly idea that I felt like sharing : I was thinking about a titular title called "House xxx" that every head of House would get. The only purpose of this title would be to allow a player to try to regain a stronghold after a title being revoked or conquered in a war, to restore the former glory of your house instead of getting an instant Game Over screen.
Of course, it's far from a perfect idea. I read somewhere that it was a very bad idea to toy with titular counties (titular baronies ?), so it would make almost every character a titular Duke-level vassal/independant ruler, messing up a lot of setups. Plus, this kind of title would have to have specific rules, like not being destructible, maybe not transferable (Because the AI would totally hand out this kind of title). I don't know if what I suggest is even implementable in a reasonable way, but I thought I'd still share it here!

Hey, I just got a silly idea that I felt like sharing : I was thinking about a titular title called "House xxx" that every head of House would get. The only purpose of this title would be to allow a player to try to regain a stronghold after a title being revoked or conquered in a war, to restore the former glory of your house instead of getting an instant Game Over screen.
Of course, it's far from a perfect idea. I read somewhere that it was a very bad idea to toy with titular counties (titular baronies ?), so it would make almost every character a titular Duke-level vassal/independant ruler, messing up a lot of setups. Plus, this kind of title would have to have specific rules, like not being destructible, maybe not transferable (Because the AI would totally hand out this kind of title). I don't know if what I suggest is even implementable in a reasonable way, but I thought I'd still share it here!

Maybe some kind of duplication of the merchant republic mechanics? So if you lost all your holdings, you'd just nebulously exist as a minor noble with an estate but no real lands, as a vassal of whomever your last legitimate liege was? It'd probably feel like being chewed by Níðhöggr to try and code that, though.

Recently, using v1.9.1 and after the recent game patch, I've made a save game, then exited the game. Then, when I loaded the game and tried to load that save file, the game just ends and goes back to my desktop.

Is it possible to have the faith ban trial by combat? Like if faith authority is full allowing the High Septon the ability too make it illegal. I think this would be a cool mechanic.

I've got a crashed game. Do you want me to upload the file?

Do you have the possibility to start Aegon's Conquest of Westeros if you start as him in the first Bookmark ? Or do you have to do it "by yourself" and then not get the Kingsguard and the various events ?

Bonus if it's not too much to ask : What's the team working on right now ? A new starting date ? Fleshing out game mechanics ? New events ? :D

So, I play with vassal limit halved; it prevents the King from just permanently holding on to any of the Lord Paramount titles he happens to get his hand on, de facto adding the Reach or something to the Crownlands. But there's a problem: sometimes, for very temporary reasons, the King will find himself above his vassal limit*. He will without fail solve this temporary problem in a very permanent fashion: he will hand off parts of the Crownlands to the Stormlands and the Riverlands. This makes the internal map of Westeros look increasingly bizarre in the region over time, and that's not to mention what this does via de jura drift.

So I'd like to request a solution: Grant the King of the Iron Throne the Lord Paramountcy of the Crownlands. This will stop him from randomly giving away bits of the region. In the event that the Iron Throne desperately wishes to get back under their vassal limit, they will grant the Lord Paramountcy of the Crownlands to one of the counts or dukes in the area. Then later when everything's settled, they'll get annoyed about someone else controlling a Kingdom-rank-Tttle that they have land in, and take it back.

(I know that it works that way because I had one game recently where the KotIT lucked into the Crownlands title and this is how that played out.)

Thank you for your consideration.

*Usually because at the end of a civil war, one or two of the Lords Paramount who lost control of a bunch of their vassals during the conflict are still embroiled in some other war by the end, so this big scattering of dukes and counts become direct vassals on the Iron Throne until their regular lieges are done fighting.

Not the biggest deal ever, but telling rebels to run back to all provinces seems like a very strange way to boast.

Attachments

• run.png
    run.png
    499,6 KB · Views: 130