• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Easterling! :D

Prawnstar will probably annex a couple of vassals once he's fully Westernized and has +3 Stab, just to bring down the revolt risk by getting a few decentralization slider moves.

Well, there is always Nogai :rofl:

Wonderful progress!

As I am wondering why none of the golden horde's neighbour or former foes have declared war, I thought I'd take a look at said neighbours.

The Timurids, Iraq, Haasa, Novgorod, Persia and Kazakh are all vassals. Chagatai has never showed up for any wars, unless I missed their involvement.

England has shown no interest in attacking. Sweden appears more interestedin taking provinces off Lithuani. Lithuania just gotthe stuffing knowcked out of her by the Horde and is too frightened to attack. Hungary no longer has a border. Poland has no access. That leaves the big three and Nogai. Given the previous versions of the game where small states wooulsd routinely declare war on their massive neighbour, Nogai is behaving itself in In Nomine. Deccan may well have the Ming on their border and have that minor force released from the previous war. The Mamluks have more to gain from regaining Alexandria than they do attacking the Horde. The Ottomans have the French in Italy, who have probably guaranteed Naples. The French have probably quaranteed every nation -small -around the Ottomans. he e only avenue the French will leave will be the Horde.

The Ottoamns ,therefore, are the only nation still likely to attack the Horde. Their possession in Egypt could be vulnerable, if the Haasa have MA with the Mamluks. The current Ottoman mission is to attack the Horde. I am expecting an Ottoman DoW on the Golden Horde.

As a long time lurker (I think I started reading this a week or so after you started it) and first time commenter, I absolutely adore your AARs. I think that the Iroquois one was the first one I read and I loved it. I just think it is amazing that you've played about 170 years and the thread is near 50 pages. Shows the love of the masses for you, which you justly deserve. Rarely dull you are.
I can only imagine how much fun a kitten attack is during the middle of a game. The worst I deal with is my silly cat walking in front of me and blocking my view to the laptop when I'm trying to read something on the forums. I'm not looking for cuteness when reading about quashing rebellions.

That was very good timing with the new Khan. Some might say too good a timing. Hmm. I think we might take the old Khan's saddle back to the lab to run a few tests.

csimiamimeme-1.png

:rofl:

Still genius.

That was one of the better ones.

Great to see westernisation has finally begun. Soon the the Horde shall become...uhm...a...well, larger Horde (struggling to think of words which suggest a larger gather than 'horde' itself!), as it you can rapidly expand once your technology is on par with everyone.

Great to see westernisation has finally begun. Soon the the Horde shall become...uhm...a...well, larger Horde (struggling to think of words which suggest a larger gather than 'horde' itself!), as it you can rapidly expand once your technology is on par with everyone.

based on heroes games ,

Few: 1-4
Several: 5-9
Pack: 10-19
Lots: 20-49
Horde: 50-99
Throng: 100-249
Swarm: 250-499
Zounds: 500-999
Legion: 1000 +

based on heroes games ,

Few: 1-4
Several: 5-9
Pack: 10-19
Lots: 20-49
Horde: 50-99
Throng: 100-249
Swarm: 250-499
Zounds: 500-999
Legion: 1000 +

Sorry which heroes game is this? I like the 'zounds'!

I've always wondered what's a "throng"

Its the greatest ever invention to clothing. I thank whoever made the first one, trips to the beach instantly became more enjoyable as a result. Oh I'm sorry, I didn't notice the 'r' (ahem). Its just another word for a crowd or gathering! E.g. a throng of people.

FEEDBACK

sprites - Westernising as a process is deadly dull, it's a slow motion TSC of rebellions with nothing else going on to distract me. And, yes that's my second 'Claims' event.

You also sound bored during that chapter. Not enough rebels, maybe?
The update was a painful one to play through - as many rebels as a TSC but over longer and the knowledge that I'm going to do it all over again as soon as I can.

Vesimir - Mughals, cores on northern India, odds and sods and a change out of tribal. Aleppo is a fullness of time sort of province ;)

sprites - Thanks for the detailed answer :)

Noirin - I wouldn't modernise the units. That's nothing to do with this game I just don't like the idea it seems to make every country into a western european clone. I'd rather high tech level units in the non-Latin culture groups were stronger.

dinofs - What more rebels! surely not :eek:

Angry_Norway - Quite right!

GaiusC - Horde units for the Horde! I mean you wouldn't expect the savage tribes of Germania to change to disciplined military professionals with a flair for staffwork and technlogical innovation would you.

I will dipoannex some vassals to help with RR by decentralising a bit. Max neighbour bonus is 100 - I wouldn't be too surprised if I get that if/when I Latin tech.

blsteen - The timing of the Khan was excellent!

Chief Ragusa - I'm afraid I'm going to horrify you again ;) I managed to get three 2*/3* artists but swapped one for a new 4* fort defence guy :D

I needed four provinces to vassalise Haasa so vassalising Omans and Yemen might have been similar so extended campaigns would have been necessary. I've enough vassals for now as I'll probably just annex two. Novgorod is wrong religion so isn't annexable diplomatically.

Dewirix - After the westernisation process is complete it'll be more Lithuania and ideally Arabia and Anatolia. I'd also like either China or India :D

Davout - :rofl:

midget_roxx - Thanks, I'm getting the hang of dealing with these TSCs fairly efficiently - just needs practice!

El Pip - True but not as tediously repetitive as the Borglike Police Forensic shows that spawn faster than blondes on Tiger.

anweRU - We may see maps of the Americas soon (hint: don't get excited, if you had to guess you'd guess right). I would expect that a thousand concubines would finish off the Khan faster than any rebel :rofl:

Johan11 - As long as it's not a Romantic Comedy...

Why do the rebels always rebel near the borders?
TSCs automatically have brebellions in non-core provices so the start phase is rebellions in the newly acquired areas they are usually the current borderlands. Other than that the borders have more nationalism, wrong culture and more likely to be wrong religion.

Dewirix - Yes all good points. Revolt risk comfortably over 10 for new wrong religion provinces even with no war exhaustion and no TSC.

Chief Ragusa - Probably drunken Brits!

Fireaxe888 - The rebels? All hippies and peacenik types they probably recycle.

sprites - Again thanks for answering.

aldriq - Easterling - well possibly the lands of Rhun could fall to the Horde's alter-ego the Morgul Empire ;)

PhilleP - Thank you.

As I am wondering why none of the golden horde's neighbour or former foes have declared war, I thought I'd take a look at said neighbours.

The Timurids, Iraq, Haasa, Novgorod, Persia and Kazakh are all vassals. Chagatai has never showed up for any wars, unless I missed their involvement.

England has shown no interest in attacking. Sweden appears more interestedin taking provinces off Lithuani. Lithuania just gotthe stuffing knowcked out of her by the Horde and is too frightened to attack. Hungary no longer has a border. Poland has no access. That leaves the big three and Nogai. Given the previous versions of the game where small states wooulsd routinely declare war on their massive neighbour, Nogai is behaving itself in In Nomine. Deccan may well have the Ming on their border and have that minor force released from the previous war. The Mamluks have more to gain from regaining Alexandria than they do attacking the Horde. The Ottomans have the French in Italy, who have probably guaranteed Naples. The French have probably quaranteed every nation -small -around the Ottomans. he e only avenue the French will leave will be the Horde.

The Ottoamns ,therefore, are the only nation still likely to attack the Horde. Their possession in Egypt could be vulnerable, if the Haasa have MA with the Mamluks. The current Ottoman mission is to attack the Horde. I am expecting an Ottoman DoW on the Golden Horde.
That looks like a fair analysis to me. Once I have a bad military Khan though some of these countries will gain some courage ;)

Keinwyn - And again thanks!

Zimbardeux - Good to have you comment and welcome!

It seems to me that there's a great interest in gameplay AARs that try to something that we all look at and think - oh that looks tricky! I doubt I'm the only person who would love to see Rastar back and finishing his Malacca AAR. The views and comment counts also show how friendly and supportive the forum is - a lot of people checking in have read my other stuff or have had me comment in their AARs.

Then again it might just be you lot have all got too much time on your hands ;)

Johan11 - Well it's certainly about the right level of humour for this thread!

morningSIDEr - I believe that the technical term I had in mind for a supersized Horde was 'Big Horde'. Vassals will be called 'Fries'.

sprites - It appears that the rebels are legion - it certainly feels that way :)

Raczynski - A throng is a large group of Australians wearing footwear suitable for the beach ;)

morningSIDEr - Have you fogotten your medication or has someone been to visit...

Chief Ragusa - Golden Legion, not sure about that - it doesn't sound scruffy enough for the Horde.

Dewirix & Malurous - I'm glad somebody got the snooker reference!

Chapter Thirty Nine

Very little is happening other than the defeat of endless rebels. I won’t declare war on anyone while I have this number of rebels and warnings from both the Ottomans and the Swedes.

Georgian nationalists revolt in Alania mid October 1574.

Khivan nationalists rise in Charjo in November.

Lithuanian patriots rise in Minsk in December.

February 1575 sees peasant rebellions in Uralsk and Idnakar.

By August 1575 the Horde is rebel free but base revolt risk is still 5%. Persian patriots revolt in Gilan – I managed nearly a week without rebels.

September sees Ak K nationalists in Shirvan.

There’s three revolts in October, peasants in Zaporozhia, Khivans in Khiva and Kazakhs in Kyzyl Kum.

The last revolt of the year happens in Smolensk in December with yet more Muscovites.

February 1576 and the Horde hits zero stability. The peasants in Kazan are unimpressed and revolt.

Sarai’s peasantry revolt in April.

June brings a Pskovian nationalist revolt in Pskov.

Persian patriots rebel in Mazandaran a month later.

Vyazma converts mid-August.

Nationalists revolt in Polotsk in September.

Persian patriots rebel in Mazandaran again in November.

February 1577 sees an Iraqi patriot revolt in Mosul.

Qarabagh is hit by Ak K nationalists the following month.

Muscovite nationalists rise in Kholm in June.

Stability +1 in July 1577

December sees an outbreak of Orthodox zealotry in Archangelsk.

Khivan nationalists revolt in Marv in February 1578.

The peasantry revolt in Azow in March.

More Khivan rebels appear in Kara Kum in April.

In other news as usual a colonial attempt fails; this time in Tomsk in July. Belozeroo revolts at the news.

Gurgan converts in August and Judea revolts. As always the populace are unimpressed by the Khan.

Pskov is hit by a nationalist revolt in September.

Stability +2 in December 1578

March 1579 brings a Siberian nationalist revolt in Tara.

Smolensk cores in April.

Late June 1579 and warned Lithuania DOWs OPM Moldova.

iftkrq.jpg

This looks like an interesting opportunity to take some more land from Lithuania. Then again virtually anything is interesting after five years of getting a pop-up for rebels, locating the nearest available force, way pointing a route and waiting for the battle result. Indeed the situation was so bad I contemplated sending merchants.

By the end of August Bohemia has destroyed the entire Hungarian Army. Looking carefully Bohemia appears to be some sort of killing machine with four military NIs and Land 21. To be fair they do border France.

Muscovite Nationalists revolt in Nijni Novgorod in late September.

Peace with Croatia – October 1579

2cpx94z.jpg

Ragusa took a province and I took advantage. I have no idea of exactly what I’m going to do with Croatia as a vassal but hey…

Romanian patriots rise in Budjak; I’m going to ignore them for now. The screenie also gives a nice overview of the theatre of war. Hungary is in trouble and Lithuania’s troops are concentrated in the south.

f9ee7q.jpg

Muscovite Nationalists revolt Zavolochye in November.

Lithuania annexes Moldova in late December. I’m much happier attacking Lithuanian troops now I’ve upgraded and while results are mixed the relative war exhaustion increases are very much in my favour.

The War Situation – January 1580

2u44ylg.jpg

Hungary is in deep trouble. Lithuania isn’t doing too well even though Bohemia is on a roll. You can also see a Horde assault stack that has had its infantry split off and returning home after not quite taking the fortress. I’ll repair the stack in my land – much faster reinforcement and reduced attrition damage.

Hungary sues for peace – January 1580

28wgj8l.jpg

Hungary hands over a province for peace days after previous screenshot. From my point of view this is good; Bohemia can no longer reach me so it’s just one on one vs. Lithuania.

January sees a cunning plan. Lithuania splits off a group of badly damaged regiments from the force in Cherson 6 Cavalry and 7 Infantry but only 300 / 970 soldiers. Just as they reach newly Lithuanian Bessarabia I use a spy to successfully cause a patriot uprising. Some 5000 rebels appear in the midst of the Lithuanian force.

This doesn’t work out quite as hoped as the Lithuanian army in Cherson breaks siege and rides to the rescue! They catch and destroy the rebels just before the original force is wiped out. At least it has relieved a siege in my territory so Lithuania has eaten more war exhaustion and manpower loss without any gain.

February starts with an Orthodox zealot rising in Archangelsk. Mazandaran converts later in the month.

April 1st 1580 – Stability +3

25s3j4i.jpg

Now I wouldn’t normally recommend a five point stability hit in the middle of a war. However, my war exhaustion is 0.01 and Lithuania’s 10.54 and the Khan won’t last forever.

Rebel Count = 821 (+32)
Rebels = 4,388,000 (+168,000
)

----------​

Once you enter the Latin tech group and get through the stability crisis how long do you think it will take to catch up to and surpass the Ottomans in Land (and Naval)?

Do you think you'll ever catch up to the central European states or are you too big and too far behind for that?

morningSIDEr - Have you fogotten your medication or has someone been to visit...

I think the problem is I took a bit too much, uhm, 'medication' after the Scotland game last night. Awful, awful match...

Anyway a very good result against Lithuania, indeed thank goodness for their aggression, stopping you from attempting trading...

Indeed the situation was so bad I contemplated sending merchants.

...as a PrawnStar AAR with some trading in it, as opposed to all out war non-stop war, is simply wrong!

Some quick FEEDBACK before I press the Westernise button (yes we are right up to where the game is)

Vesimir - Kiev is 50 war score alone - so that and two other provinces if I can get to 90+ war score.

TonyJoe - I'm probably too far behind to catch right up with the Latins and I've still got the +50% tech cost penalty from being Tribal.

morningSIDEr - After that game I think you probably needed some serious medication - shocking performance.

I have actually played a trading game - as the Knights. I was turbo-teching until the Ottomans annexed me a century or so in :rofl:

Well the gloves are off now. Special thanks go to Lithuania for enlivening an otherwise-dull admin process.

At 50% tech penalty I don't think you'll ever match the leaders, but everything south and east of you is in trouble.

Special recognition to Bohemia for having to share a border with IN France.

yeah , +100 neighbor bonuses :D
the rest is now easy (at least compared to before) (in my 29 april beta horde game i steamrolled everyone once i modernized it :D)

maybe it's time to take the major rebel factory in the area , Kiev!

Ragusa took a province
Of course I did .. err .. it did.

How did Brits get hold of drink in a muslim nation? Big Horde ... small fries. Why should the Horde be untidy? I am horrified that you actually found three artists. Good call on the 4* fort defender.

I was expecting a war during the recovering stab phase, just not expecting Lithuania to be dumb enough to ignore your warning.

I am still wondering where the Ottomans are?

Poland, which I thought was going to be swallowed up has done a good job surviving taking chunks out of Mecklenberg and Brandenburg. Hungary, which I thought was going to be a major power against France, now looks as though it's lunch.

I don't know, either, what use Croatia will be as a vassal. It might have fleets that will be of use against the Ottomans. There again it might just have large white flags. I'm sure you'll find some sneaky use for them.

How many provinces are you after from Lithuania? Seems like you need to wrap it up quickly. That would be the rational response, but you aren't noted for "sensible". You'll push on, though taking casualties from attempting stormings., isn't the best idea. I'm assuming you'll get another Khan with a BB limit. Okay, maybe not four on the roll. Then BB wars start again. Can hope you'll get a good one. It is time for another Khan to fall off his horse.

Let's have a look at neighbour bonuses.