• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
at least you aren't over the BB limit anymore with that khan...

Huzaaah! Another PrwnStar AAR! I'll be watching this, as they are the best gameplay AARs around.

Really, you should watch videos while playing. I suggest maybe a long youtube video of whack-a-mole. :)

And that is just about the point when I throw up my hands in frustration and start a new game.

Which is why I love your AAR's, I always learn new tricks to keep the game going. I will be interested to see how you get out of this predicament.

Are the Timurid Remnants still in any position to help (or are they cut off from you)?

FEEDBACK

spock2 - Interesting, yes that sounds about right :)

Derahan - You don't think I sit through a 50% tech penalty, negative BB limit, +3RR and -33% tax so I can miss out on the good times?

morningSIDEr - That's me all action :)

dinofs - Milder comment than mine I can assure you

Mico94 - Yes, I have some more opportunity once I'm through this.

That was slightly untimely
Nice understatement.

Lord Strange - Good to have you along again.

mayorqw - Hi, readers are always welcome :)

naggy - Perhaps I should get some video screencap software so I could make my own whack-a-mole videos.

blsteen - Exactly

sprites - Having some BB limit will be very nice - in a few years!

You have my comments.

With your post count everyone has your comments ;) Good to see you.

Davout - This is when it gets interesting. The answer I expect will be unrelenting bloodshed, it usually is :D

Herbert - It's certainly quite nice.

Alfredian - The Timurid remnants are no use, no shared border and while they still have a huge army their economy is pitiful. In the next few years they'll go bankrupt. Impressive for a country with no navy and a COT.

dsb3232 - It's less painful than dating ;)

Chapter Five

Let’s start the war with a Tribal Succession Crisis or possibly the other way around.

eq2n48.jpg

I get a nationalist revolt in every uncored province as well as a Pretender. That lot don’t look too bad although the situation in Uralsk is unpleasant.

Rebel count = 13​

The rebellions are the first problem. They’ll lead to a collapse in tax revenue and significant prestige loss (every province that falls costs one point of prestige) – this TSC doesn’t look too bad as there aren’t that many rebellions.

Monthly income is 41.7 ducats
Annual Census tax is 109.28 ducats
Prestige is +7

Russian patriots rise in Solikamsk in January 1411 doubling the revolt there even as my northern army closes in.

Rebel count = 14​

March 1411 Genoa warns me. I expect they'll DOW.

The succession situation isn’t too bad. The Georgian rebels have been driven into Alania although my troops in the Caucasus are in no state to fight. The rebels in Azow won the first round but shouldn’t win the second. I handily outnumber the rebels in Solikamsk and I’m ignoring Uralsk until the two rebel armies separate.

The war on the other hand isn’t great. I haven’t actually engaged with the enemy yet and while no fortresses have fallen I do have 30000 hostiles besieging four of my provinces.

March sees a third Russian patriot rising in Solikamsk; the rebel force is up to 6000.

Rebel count = 15​
April 1411

25um790.jpg

Genoa’s allies Novgorod and Switzerland honour the call; things are going downhill.

Seven regiments of nationalists rise in revolt in Georgia July 1411. The province is under Genoese siege.

Rebel count = 16​

Muscovy offers White Peace in August 1411 – I have no idea why but I gratefully accept. That’s one less big enemy army roaming around lightly defended Central Russia.

The Tribal Succession Crisis – one year in

The Northern Theatre

zva651.jpg

The situation here is quite good. There’s only one rebel army left and I’m beating it. There’s also only one province I’ll need to siege back – killing the Pretender removes his armies and returns his provinces. Novgorod has a lot of troops but if they want to carry out sieges in Northern Russia over the winter I’ll let them.

I’m also using spies for the ‘Desertion’ mission on Novgorod’s assembly area, every little helps.

The Southern Theatre

212wbit.jpg

Not so good here. My main army is fighting in Alania against a mix of Georgain nationalists and Pretender rebels. The invading forces Hungary/Venice and Genoa are still unopposed. Their war exhaustion is rising but not quickly. The provinces which have fallen so far aren’t heavily winter affected something that is changing as they push deeper into my land.

My preference would be peace with Hungary and then focus on making further gains against Novgorod.

Monthly income is 27.1 ducats (down from 41.7)
Annual Census tax is 57.27 (down from 109.28)
Prestige is -3 (down 10)

Brandenburg so far a bystander in the Hungarian alliance offers a white peace in December 1411, against accepted immediately. Kharkov revolts in support of the Pretender in January 1412 and succeeds in driving away the Venetian siege force.

Rebel count = 17​
Hungary offers Peace – March 1412

2a8exdy.jpg

Just say no. I view that as a sign of weakness so I’m going to beat up a couple of scattered siege forces and try for a white peace. A peace offer from Venice is also rejected I don’t want to hand over my entire treasury and have to mint for most of the year.

I also get a slider move in March, I Centralise and get an eight regiment Pretender uprising in Ufa. They’ll go on to march into battle with the main Novgorodian stack in remote North Ufa.

Rebel count = 18​

Another Pretender revolt occurs in Bogutjar in June – in the middle of a battle between my main force and two battered looking Pretender armies. It’s a disaster as I was hoping for a clean kill here but it won’t happen now. I’m driven off with heavy casualties; the rebels now have 31 regiments in the province.

Rebel count = 19​

August sees a fifth Pretender army rise in Astrakhan.

Rebel count = 20​

October 1412 Novgorod offers White Peace. This is a dilemma. Ideally I’d want to take land from Novgorod but I’ve 8 provinces occupied by Hungary/Venice and around 50000 pretender soldiers running around. Removing Novgorod’s 20000+ from the war and closing the northern theatre would be a massive benefit.

----------​

I'm not sure about the format with the rebel count, any views?

The very first AAR I read when I joined the forum was your Iroquois one, Prawnstar. Even though I rarely read gameplay Vanilla AARs, I shall follow this one with great anticipation!