• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe put in Abu Ghraib, too.
raise dissent in US 5%, Iraq 1-2%

I don't know how we could put in partisan attacks, so y'all come up with something.

And the US returned soverignty to Iraq today 2 days ahead of schedule.
More killings will probably happen soon, maybe ones that are even more important than before, so watch the news!

Last edited:
Trojan6 said:
Maybe put in Abu Ghraib, too.
raise dissent in US 5%, Iraq 1-2%

I don't know how we could put in partisan attacks, so y'all come up with something.

And the US returned soverignty to Iraq today 2 days ahead of schedule.
More killings will probably happen soon, maybe ones that are even more important than before, so watch the news!

Really? I didnt know that returned soverignty early. I'll have to watch the news tonight.

When your playing on CORE and the partisan event triggers, maybe once a week or month, we can take that and change the country it happens to.

masternick201 said:
When your playing on CORE and the partisan event triggers, maybe once a week or month, we can take that and change the country it happens to.

Ooh, that's right. Like the "News From the East Front." Makes a lot of sense.

There can be an event like "News From Iraq- Insurgents Strike." It'll give a general description of the event (we can do that later), and maybe two or three options:

A.) Strike Back With Full Force! (Lowers U.S. dissent, but causes a large dissent hit for Iraq)

B.) Limited Action- We Don't Want to Anger Iraqis (Small dissent hit for U.S., only a small dissent hit for Iraq).

C.) The Situation Will Take Care of Itself (Dissent hit for U.S., large dissent hit for Iraq).

More effects and/or different options? Suggestions?

Some more news. Today the army announced it was planning to activate former members of the army (those who, while retiring, still have some years left on their 8 year contract with the army). This could quite possibly be an event.

Army Calls Up Retired Members:

(Description- will make one later)

A.) We Need Them! This choice increases manpower (I'm not too sure about the scale set for manpower in MDS), but also raises dissent a bit for the U.S. (those who are retired are angry that their civilian life has been disturbed) and costs supplies.

B.) There's No Need- the Professionals Have the Situation Under Control. This has no effect, and it will not increase manpower

Concerning events in Iraq, Ive got a few suggestions:

The Prison thing should cause more dissent in Iraq than 1-2%, as remember it was the justification to behead that guy. Id suggest mabye 10%. Also possibly some minor alignment movements away from the COTW as it made them look bad for a time. Also, The Handover would be removing "puppet" status as well as a possible dissent drop in both Iraq and the USA and UK.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Trojan6 said:
That sounds about right.
The puppeting goes, but the military access and military control remains with the U.S. for about a few months or so until the Iraqi army and police are completely well-trained.
That sounds like how the future is going to go :)

ThewEiRdOne27 said:
Some more news. Today the army announced it was planning to activate former members of the army (those who, while retiring, still have some years left on their 8 year contract with the army). This could quite possibly be an event.

Army Calls Up Retired Members:

(Description- will make one later)

A.) We Need Them! This choice increases manpower (I'm not too sure about the scale set for manpower in MDS), but also raises dissent a bit for the U.S. (those who are retired are angry that their civilian life has been disturbed) and costs supplies.

B.) There's No Need- the Professionals Have the Situation Under Control. This has no effect, and it will not increase manpower

maybe B) should grant -1 dissent?

Ok guys fist wake up, I think that this forum was for world events not just Iraq granted that Iraq is a big thing for the US and the UK but have you seen the BBC lately there is lucky to be one Iraq story a week, the point that I am trying to make here is that Iraq is not that important for ever one else and not every one is going to play the US. Iraq is still a puppet state of the USA even after the hand over I say this because they have no control over any part of the gov. i.e. the Iraqis have no say in where the money from the oil is going or where the U.N. aid is going or over any military or police force in country. Syria should have an event that increase discontent and I.C. because Iraq does not give oil to them any more. Also in the game will the Indonesian player get problems from there booming of civilians on the islands that are demanding independents?(it goes a lot more than this but more later) Also will the Australians eventual take over of New Zealand (It will happen even there gov. acknowledge this) and P.N.G to our North be in the game? And will East Timor be in the game? Just wondering this as they play an important part of the strategic defense of the Australian main land. Will you be able to fight the drug traffics in Afghanistan and South America? on a finale note (sorry about this being so long) you must acknowledge that the US is not the only country fighting the terrorists for this game to be engaging for all than you must start living out side of CNN. Thank you all comments welcome of both types (I dot mind if you call me dumb I will listen to your augment who knows you might be right) you can E-mail me at shuteye@hotmail.com thanks for reading this.

Events should not be Iraq-centered

hey shutteye, you're right man...i guess news today is over saturated with the war in iraq...lets make this world a better place and script every important events for every country we want to put in MDS....

Lets not make this MOD Iraq-centered, meaning all events should not be centered in Iraq alone...

Any comments?

Philippines Gains Independence from USA - Jan. 1, 1936
Philippine Mod for HOI :rofl:

I was reading the great Bill Deedes in the Daily Telegraph today imploring that something should be done about the humanitarian crisis in the Darfur region of the Sudan. Infact, he was arguing for 'action this day' - so ought there be an event for the US and Britain contemplating an intervention in Sudan?

Option A could be a loss of supplies to simulate humanitarian aid, whilst another, less likely option would be intervention (Sudan grants military access to US and UK?) , or even war against Khartoum's government. :) Sudan is relevant regarding the war on terror, so I don't believe it should be discounted.

USA news is biased towards the USA so anything that happens can have a slight sway towards the US. We should get information from a British station I cant remember the name of or hereDemocracy Now!

Ur Right

yeah you're right...it is not surprising! US news is always bias...it is centered more on their interests...

I knew there was a reason I left Sudan ingame. :eek:

And I don’t think this is an all Iraq game but the scenario does start with the start of the Iraq war and its implications will be important for later events. And since Iraq is at the start that’s where the early stuff is centered at the moment but its far from all Iraq action.

Anti-Christ and Armageddon

####################################
# Ebola Virus Epidemic Spread!

event = {
id = ####
random = yes
country = USA

name = "Ebola Virus Epidemic Spread!"
desc = "The dreaded Ebola virus has spread to the continental United States due to poor mishandling of a virus sample in a research facility. Reports says that 5,000 people were already infected by the virus."
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Goodness Gracious!"
command = { type = population which = -1 value = -10 }
command = { type = supplies value = -500 }
}
}

# Ebola Vaccine Found!

event = {
id = ####
random = yes
country = USA

name = "Ebola Vaccine Found!"
desc = "Researchers have finally found a cure for the dreaded Ebola virus. Many people are now vaccinated but still there are widespread infections everywhere."
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Thank God!"
command = { type = population which = -1 value = 50 }
command = { type = supplies value = 1000 }
}
}

How about a great plague like the black death happening again...

u can make an event attributed to the conflict...or a terrorist group unleashes small pox so that epidemic spreads throughout the world an can further change the course of the game how about it?

How about a megalomaniac mad man wants to rule the world...

"The 3rd anti-christ comes from the east..."
- Michel Nostradamus

# An Anti-Christ is Born!

event = {
id = ####
random = yes
country = ??? ---> what country? i dunno yet...any suggestions to this?

name = "An Anti-Christ is Born!"
desc = "According to the prophecy of Michel Nostradamus, the next anti-christ will be born, he will deceive the whole world and he's more diabolical than Napoleon or Hitler.."
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 2004 }
offset = 365
date = { dasy = 30 month = december year = 2004 }

action_a = {
name = "Son of Satan!"
command = { type = population which = -1 value = -10 }
command = { type = supplies value = -500 }
}
}

How about an event where the AC (anti-christ), whoever that is will deceive the world and unite the European Union and will wage war against the world!

any suggestions to this event?

or how can you guys make an event in which an anti-christ will originate in a random country mentioned in Nostradamus' prophecy....

or make a separate Nostradamus events file---> nostradamus_prophecies.txt
Armaggedon ---> armageddon_events.txt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Warfare is the science of DESTRUCTION"Albert Einstein

The thread says "Real Time Events" that belongs in Event Suggestions.

Lunars trying to keep the mod as realistic as possible anyway.