• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(18064)

Supreme Ruler of Earth
Jul 6, 2003
Visit site
June 30th is the day the United States returns sovernity to Iraq. I hope that something doesn't happen that day but knowing the idealogical crusaders there, something probally will.

Now to make MDS more realitic, we can have a group of event scripters that mainly have their concerns with whats happening right now. Like the Madrid bombing, a few months[i think] back. That could rise the dissent in Iraw and have less support for the USA. Events like these will play important roles in MDS, they dont have to tie in entirely but they are important.

Say a war breaks out randomly or slowly between two countries, in present day slowly it is possible to incorporate that into MDS as time goes along.

Basically, I am saying we need a group of people who focus on making RT Events.

masternick201 said:
Now to make MDS more realitic, we can have a group of event scripters that mainly have their concerns with whats happening right now. Like the Madrid bombing, a few months[i think] back. That could rise the dissent in Iraw and have less support for the USA. Events like these will play important roles in MDS, they dont have to tie in entirely but they are important.

The Madrid Bombings, if it is included as an event, should raise dissent in Spain. It could set things up for the elections.

To be quite honest, we don't have any groups focusing on different parts of the game. It seems to me we have some five-six people that focus on sporadic parts here and there and then make it all fit together. Perhaps not the most efficient way of doing it, but the infrastructure collapsed together with marty. But we ARE making considerable progress :)

Trojan6 said:
You should also add the Haiti incidents. It should lead to Haitian Civil War and about 80% dissent.

I don't think Haiti is big enough to have a Civil War a la Spain 1936. :rofl:

The dissent should cover it. Then the flight of the president (his name escapes me right now) should lower dissent by -50%, leaving 30%, enough to keep Haiti crippled.

UN missions could lower dissent. Random events that send supplies and lower dissent by -3%. A lot like the Lend-Lease Event.

ThewEiRdOne27 said:
I don't think Haiti is big enough to have a Civil War a la Spain 1936. :rofl:

The dissent should cover it. Then the flight of the president (his name escapes me right now) should lower dissent by -50%, leaving 30%, enough to keep Haiti crippled.

UN missions could lower dissent. Random events that send supplies and lower dissent by -3%. A lot like the Lend-Lease Event.
I suppose you are correct.
Saddam's capture should be an event as well. It should lead to increased Iraqi dissent and create the militia army of Al-Zarqawi (one division) in the province of Al Turayf, which I believe should be renamed Fallujah.

It should also increase dissent and/or war entry for U.S., U.K., and South Korea because of increase in civilian assassinations.

I don't think Israeli war is worth using an event on, because it seems to be taking care of itself.

Also North Korea incidents should increase U.S. war entry by 5 or so.

edited by gzav - Please read the Double posts sticky.

Last edited:
Saddam's capture should lower dissent in the U.S. but, as you said, raise dissent in Iraq.

There's also the medivac incident, where 19 soldiers were killed when a rocket was fired into the medivac. That should probably raise dissent 1 or 2 points for the U.S.

The militia division formed by Al-Zarqawi makes sense. Also, there should be in event that simulates Al-Sadr's (sp) militia fighting U.S. forces. The question is, which province would they spring up in?

ThewEiRdOne27 said:
Saddam's capture should lower dissent in the U.S. but, as you said, raise dissent in Iraq.

There's also the medivac incident, where 19 soldiers were killed when a rocket was fired into the medivac. That should probably raise dissent 1 or 2 points for the U.S.

The militia division formed by Al-Zarqawi makes sense. Also, there should be in event that simulates Al-Sadr's (sp) militia fighting U.S. forces. The question is, which province would they spring up in?

It should be either Buraydah(Saudi Arabia) or An Najaf, maybe Mosul.

the event should lower the U.S. division's fighting strength to 80 or so, and lower organization by 5-10. A Marine division must be in At Turayf for the event to happen.
It also causes the division to retreat to Baghdad rather than attack the militia in At Turayf.

Last edited:
Trojan6 said:
the event should lower the U.S. division's fighting strength to 80 or so, and lower organization by 5-10. A Marine division must be in At Turayf for the event to happen.
It also causes the division to retreat to Baghdad rather than attack the militia in At Turayf.

Good idea. But how about letting the player decide whether or not to attack? If the Marines attack Al Sadr's militia, dissent in Iraq goes up, the Marine division's strength goes down to 60 and the ORG drops 10-15. However, this would destroy the militia and give the city back to the U.S.

ThewEiRdOne27 said:
Good idea. But how about letting the player decide whether or not to attack? If the Marines attack Al Sadr's militia, dissent in Iraq goes up, the Marine division's strength goes down to 60 and the ORG drops 10-15. However, this would destroy the militia and give the city back to the U.S.

That sounds good.

I suppose it would be like the Nanking Massacre with the choices.

And either way, it would lower strength and ORG of the division.

We could also put in these random murders as well.
One per month or so?
One country is selected at random (U.S. has higher percentage of being chosen), and dissent rises in that country.

Trojan6 said:
I suppose it would be like the Nanking Massacre with the choices.

And either way, it would lower strength and ORG of the division.

We could also put in these random murders as well.
One per month or so?
One country is selected at random (U.S. has higher percentage of being chosen), and dissent rises in that country.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Random murders? You mean of members of the Iraqi cabinet? That's an interesting idea...

ThewEiRdOne27 said:
Yeah, that makes sense.

Random murders? You mean of members of the Iraqi cabinet? That's an interesting idea...

I suppose they're not completely *random*, but you get the point.
I mean they are completed on random dates.

What I actually meant was the killings of random civilians by the terrorists.
But, that is a good point. Iraqi ministers have been killed by them as well.

Trojan6 said:
What I actually meant was the killings of random civilians by the terrorists.
But, that is a good point. Iraqi ministers have been killed by them as well.

I have an idea. Let's say there is a chance for a maximum of four violent attacks in a month (one is a bit limited). If it's possible, could there also be a chance that an Iraqi cabinet member could be killed (10-20%) when the Violent Attacks Event fires?

masternick201 said:
Could we apply partisan attacks in Iraq?

How so? Through events, actual militia, or a tech (like in CORE)?