• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Or maybe he gets lost often?

anonymous4401 said:
Ernst von Habsburg sucks at making children.

No problem. I can replace him at that. I'll keep the secret, don't worry :D

No Turkwatch? =(

Ernst will insist on showing his kids his skill with a sword and, being misguided, skewers them.

A real man's soldier has arrived to command the hosts of Aargau on the pope's Crusade against the Seljuks. No, not yet, he has the chain of royal posts to construct.

With your Al Bichri luck, the Turks will conquer even more A provinces during the crusade.

Real Men have gotten better at throwing his children down stairs it seems.

The Anti-Seljuk Al-liance.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1158-1159

ScreenSave484.jpg

And another kingdom joins the Anti-Turk crusade!

ScreenSave485.jpg

The Alanians are willing to obliterate themselves from the map for peace. How odd.

ScreenSave486.jpg

Well whatever. These Al-Djazairis aren't gonna occupy themselves you know. Would be a neat trick though.

ScreenSave487.jpg

The child-prince of Belgrade is also the child-prince of the Aegean Islands, somehow.

ScreenSave489.jpg

TurkWatch: 1159. The list of its enemies grows.

ScreenSave491.jpg

THIS COULD HAVE BEEN MY COURTIER ;_;

ScreenSave493.jpg

All RIGHT! The most geographically distant kingdom from the Seljuk Turks declared war on the Seljuk Turks!

ScreenSave494.jpg

Heh. Fisheries.

ScreenSave496.jpg

Oh right, Al Djazair.

ScreenSave497.jpg

What will happen next? Stay tuned to find out!

Hey that's my line! Wait that's me. Also that's not exactly my line, but whatever. Al Djazair is an independent county so even if they defeat my Agen regiment somehow I can always pile on more guys. Heh. Pile on more guys. Anyway, Al Djazair if you know the list, which hasn't been mentioned in a long while because for a long while it looked like taking Al Bichri would be completely HOPELESS, Al Djazair is right after Al Bichri and right before several more Al provinces that happen to be Seljuk. Needless to say it would be quite annoying to pause in the middle of a desperate attack against the Seljuks to take Al Djazair on the other side of the map, which is why I'm doing it now. Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Real Men Are Actually Planning Things... :D

That was why you acquired Agen as part of your personal demesne, to prepare Al Djazira for its incorporation into the Hapsburg realms. Those occupation troops in Alania must be winning the hearts and minds of the people.

War with the Seljuks cannot be far off, now. The Seljuks must think the whole world is against them. Wait a minute, it is!

Soon the Seljuks will have the Byzantines at war with them as well as the most opportunistic vassal ever goes to war with Al-Bichri.

Time to attack while the window of opportunity is open!

Wonderful news, real men go to war once more that is great news. After you have defeated this small county it is time for Real Men to kill the Turks :)

Al Right in Al Djazair.

Chapter 16: Al Bichri

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer transferred unattentively from phargle's
Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

ScreenSave498.jpg

And the battle begins between the beleaguered Agenis and the bastard, bald Count Beck.

ScreenSave499.jpg

I must say Marshal Beck is pretty good at his job.

ScreenSave500.jpg

Definitely.

ScreenSave502.jpg

Even one-prov Bishoprics that have been independent since near the beginning of the game are joining the war against the Seljuks.

ScreenSave503.jpg

And the Al-Djazairis are defeated.

ScreenSave504.jpg

P-p-p-peasant Power!

ScreenSave505.jpg

The pneumatic Polish wife of Ernst von Habsburg is in debt because she was silly enough to get sick. Clearly the only solution is to borrow the equivalent of five years' worth of annual income for the entire duchy.

ScreenSave507.jpg

Hey dudes I'm not so keen on Feudal Law either those jerk counts forced it on me!

ScreenSave508.jpg

And so the newly rich and sickly Polish wife dies, giving her son Leopold von Habsburg the equivalent of five years' worth of annual income for the entire duchy.

ScreenSave509.jpg

And Ernst von Habsburg is hardly a pauper himself. Hmm. I'm surprised that Leopold's Intrigue score is only a measly two.

And so the armies of the Duchy of Abydos wreck those of the Al Djazairis. Was anyone surprised? Oh yeah and I guess you guys are waiting for my declaration of war on the Seljuks. Like really waiting, on the edge of your seat. Man, how should I break it to you guys that are waiting so patiently? All waiting all waitfully, trusting that the long-awaited declaration of war is just around the corner, in the next update. Well it's not in the next update, or the one after that either. But is it in the one after that? Well I guess to find out you'll have to do the following: Don't miss the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!

Real Men Will Declare War Themselves If It Takes Much Longer... :D

Young Leopold bears watching. First he gets his mother sick. Then he persuades the moneylenders to loan her loads of mioney. She dies, leaving him the money and debt free. Now can he persuade ishjids dad to slice off his own head and leave him another fortune or will the ruler find another rich prestigious wife for dad to marry?