• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
QUESTION : can we modify the 20 % penalty of the DIFFICULT level of AI to put it at, for example, 30% ? Through some modding ? Do you know which files would need to be modified ?

you can mod the effects of the different difficulty settings at several places.

Can you point me a direction where to start ?

I'm playing FTM
1. what does the theory research on the tech tab used for ?
2. why do the number of intelligence unit produce always on zero amount? can we increase them ?
3. how to send intelligence units to a certain country ?
4. I'm running out of generals although my officer ratio is above 100%, how to create more generals for my divs, corps, armies, etc ?

I'm playing FTM
1. what does the theory research on the tech tab used for ?
2. why do the number of intelligence unit produce always on zero amount? can we increase them ?
3. how to send intelligence units to a certain country ?
4. I'm running out of generals although my officer ratio is above 100%, how to create more generals for my divs, corps, armies, etc ?

1. Most people all agree its useless. If you play a game all the way thru to the end you end up being very much ahead of techs anyway.
2. In the technologies tab there are 4 sliders, diplo, tech, espionage, and officers. If you put enough of your leadership points into espionage then you will start to train spies which will show up in that spot on your interface. You can then use those free spies for number 3.
3. There is a button called Intelligence between politics and theatres up top. Click on it, choose a country on the bottom left hand window then to the right is a list of missions you can perform. You need to recruit spies from the Technologies window's sliders first and then have free spies and then add a level 1, 2, or 3 level priority to the nation you want spies in. That column with some random orange bars and 2 dark or 3 dark bars, if you click on them then they will fill up with the priority levels.
4. Officer ratio is generic officers for your brigades, ships, and airforce units. It dictates the organisation regain rate after they've been in combat. Generals will come to you every January 1st in this game. Most if not all arrive in the year they historically made a certain rank. You want your officers number to be 140% not 100%. Dont ask why they made a number above 100 be the goal.

1. Most people all agree its useless. If you play a game all the way thru to the end you end up being very much ahead of techs anyway.
2. In the technologies tab there are 4 sliders, diplo, tech, espionage, and officers. If you put enough of your leadership points into espionage then you will start to train spies which will show up in that spot on your interface. You can then use those free spies for number 3.
3. There is a button called Intelligence between politics and theatres up top. Click on it, choose a country on the bottom left hand window then to the right is a list of missions you can perform. You need to recruit spies from the Technologies window's sliders first and then have free spies and then add a level 1, 2, or 3 level priority to the nation you want spies in. That column with some random orange bars and 2 dark or 3 dark bars, if you click on them then they will fill up with the priority levels.
4. Officer ratio is generic officers for your brigades, ships, and airforce units. It dictates the organisation regain rate after they've been in combat. Generals will come to you every January 1st in this game. Most if not all arrive in the year they historically made a certain rank. You want your officers number to be 140% not 100%. Dont ask why they made a number above 100 be the goal.

3. Is the green colour on that bar is the higher level priority ?

5. How to move on 10%infrastructure especially on enemy's regions ? I found myself can't move my army on it because some main cities are placed on 10% infra.

3. Is the green colour on that bar is the higher level priority ?

5. How to move on 10%infrastructure especially on enemy's regions ? I found myself can't move my army on it because some main cities are placed on 10% infra.

3. Yes a completely blacked out priority means no spies will go there. Also set the home spies to green up above that window list of countries. Right near the Partisan efficiency variable is listed and neutrality.

5. I'm assuming you mean damaged areas of the battlefield. Naturally occuring 10% infra land provinces are coded to be impassable and the game will avoid it at all costs so you won't be able to move on them but you are able to mistakenly paradrop troops on them still. When a land province is below about 30% infra, Strategic Redeployment moving is highly ineffective compared to attack moving(moving normally). I'm assuming your issue is that you are trying to SR across terrain that is very badly damaged. Avoid Strategic redeployments here. No naturally occuring 10 infra province is worth capturing ever. If the land is some how still the enemy's even though the game does a good job of auto switching the owner when you take the sorrounding land, when that nation surrenders that land is not needed to push them to surrendering and it will change over as if it were yours all along.

Is it known what is the mechanics behind the order-of-unit-upgrade?

Is there some sort of shortcut to order entire army/corps/theater... (all units in it) to become prioritized for upgrades and reinforcement?

Is it known what is the mechanics behind the order-of-unit-upgrade?

Is there some sort of shortcut to order entire army/corps/theater... (all units in it) to become prioritized for upgrades and reinforcement?

Nope but as of ftm I'd suggest turning off reinforcements and upgrades for HQ's upon creation. They still function with 0 and rarely are in combat and the commanders do not die if the unit shatters.

Look in mods section for a post I started. I'm not doing the leg work for you but I asked about it about 2 weeks ago. its 2 files.

ok, thx