• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for your answers. I opted for the old quit and try an earlier save, next time I didn't lose the province so nothing to worry about. ;)

I have a question related to my previous one though. How do you defend coastal provinces better? I believed AI only attacked provinces with ports so used garrison divs to guard them. The thing is USA made an amphibious invasion on a province with a port but it "extended" to the near province where I didn't have any division. So my guess is a garrison div in the port and a couple of militia on the adjacent coastal provinces?

Thanks for your answers. I opted for the old quit and try an earlier save, next time I didn't lose the province so nothing to worry about. ;)

I have a question related to my previous one though. How do you defend coastal provinces better? I believed AI only attacked provinces with ports so used garrison divs to guard them. The thing is USA made an amphibious invasion on a province with a port but it "extended" to the near province where I didn't have any division. So my guess is a garrison div in the port and a couple of militia on the adjacent coastal provinces?

That's what happens if the invasion force is large. It won't land only in the province that was targeted and will take up the nearby coastal provinces. So your best bet is to garrison the port and 2 regions (one to one side of the port, another one to the other side of the port, so for example you have this situation - R R R R P R R R R, R being standart province and P being port province, all of them being lined up like that, in that case just garrison the bolded provinces, can't make it any more clear, so I hope you understand that).

That's what happens if the invasion force is large. It won't land only in the province that was targeted and will take up the nearby coastal provinces. So your best bet is to garrison the port and 2 regions (one to one side of the port, another one to the other side of the port, so for example you have this situation - R R R R P R R R R, R being standart province and P being port province, all of them being lined up like that, in that case just garrison the bolded provinces, can't make it any more clear, so I hope you understand that).

Yeah, perfectly. Thank you. ;)

That is a manpower kill. Especiallyif you are playing as Germnay, you need as many troops as possible on Eastern Front.

Agreed. You are better off keeping a smalll reaction force available to provide support for a number of port garrisons. In case of a landing, they can rally to the fight. As long as your forces hold the port in question, the overflow enemy forces will run out of supplies.

I don't think his solution is bad. You only have to cover three provinces with low manpower low mobile units like militia and garrison. Of course you have to keep "normal" units to come to the rescue. You only want the garr or mil units to hold on while your major forces arrive. And mil and garr are very low on manpower. Also, you don't have a port in any province. Of course it depends... in Europe there are a lot I think but a 3bdes garr div + 2 3bdes mil divs on the sides shouldn't be any manpower killer. In my game with Arg for example it's perfect.

Question: If I give my Tactical Bombers the order to "Ground Attack" (attack enemy units) in ALL of Poland, meaning every Polish province, will the bombers randomly attack the provinces or will they choose to attack the ones where I am also doing a ground attack with my infantry troops?

Question: If I give my Tactical Bombers the order to "Ground Attack" (attack enemy units) in ALL of Poland, meaning every Polish province, will the bombers randomly attack the provinces or will they choose to attack the ones where I am also doing a ground attack with my infantry troops?

From what I have seen they attack biggest stack which you ground units are attacking.

When it comes to the Intelligence part of the game, what would be the ideal amount of nations to conduct espionage in without doing it in too many to avoid lowering their efficiency? With 2.0 leadership points assigned to espionage, how many nations could you set to high priority, medium priority and low priority while maintaining maximum efficiency? So far I have only been focusing on 5 nations at a time.

When it comes to the Intelligence part of the game, what would be the ideal amount of nations to conduct espionage in without doing it in too many to avoid lowering their efficiency? With 2.0 leadership points assigned to espionage, how many nations could you set to high priority, medium priority and low priority while maintaining maximum efficiency? So far I have only been focusing on 5 nations at a time.

simply take a look at how many spies you have in that countries. it depends also on the counterespionage efforts of those countries.