• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IIRC keep your infamy below 10 or it might be 15

I figured out what it was. I was Prussia allied with Austria. Since I had that hedgemony CB that never went away that lowered relation by 3.00 or so a year, which is A LOT when you dont realize its happening, they jsut droped out of liking me range and broke the alliance. Still sorta crap though.

Side note... if someone has a perma CB on you, like you have their cores (see alsace loraine) any way to keep them from declaring on you every 5 years like clockwork?

I figured out what it was. I was Prussia allied with Austria. Since I had that hedgemony CB that never went away that lowered relation by 3.00 or so a year, which is A LOT when you dont realize its happening, they jsut droped out of liking me range and broke the alliance. Still sorta crap though.

Side note... if someone has a perma CB on you, like you have their cores (see alsace loraine) any way to keep them from declaring on you every 5 years like clockwork?

cut down to size?

Why does it seem that the AI is actively out to prevent you, even if you are allied, from succeeding?
For example, Austria and Prussia. I am trying to form the NFG and despite having every german minor except wurtenburg sphered Austria, my ALLY is doing her best to remove them from my spheres. I understand the whole, spheres help them, but a unified NFG would help the alliance so much more. just quite frustrating that an ally is doing something that seems like a purly malicious thing.

Why does it seem that the AI is actively out to prevent you, even if you are allied, from succeeding?
For example, Austria and Prussia. I am trying to form the NFG and despite having every german minor except wurtenburg sphered Austria, my ALLY is doing her best to remove them from my spheres. I understand the whole, spheres help them, but a unified NFG would help the alliance so much more. just quite frustrating that an ally is doing something that seems like a purly malicious thing.

Are you both of comparable strength atm?, would you want prussia to form the NGF if there was a chance that they could tunr against you?

Is there a way to persuade an ally to declare war to someone else?
I need Russia or UK to DoW Austria in order to acquire Lombardy as TS, but Austria has 40k men near Ferrara, while I have just 24 over 20. Should I NF soldiers?

Are you both of comparable strength atm?, would you want prussia to form the NGF if there was a chance that they could tunr against you?
No... but its not like they have a chance to stop me, they keep using discredit knocking their influence to 0 and letting me keep going, its just making it more frustrating for me.

Ok, here is a different question... WTF is with that prussian core on the Swiss capital state, is that needed for NFG and Germany?

Also, when there is no hegemony to be asserted... why does the CB stay active?

No... but its not like they have a chance to stop me, they keep using discredit knocking their influence to 0 and letting me keep going, its just making it more frustrating for me.

Ok, here is a different question... WTF is with that prussian core on the Swiss capital state, is that needed for NFG and Germany?

the core is based on history, prussia had a claim to it

It's not needed either North German Confederation or German Empire.

Ok, is there ANY WAY besides... I dunno, building a world shatteringly large army, that you can STOP france (and her allies, in my case, every time, the UK and France) from declaring war with Prussia/NFG/Germany EVERY 5 YEARS for Alsace Loraine? Its getting to the point that it is ridiculous. Every 5 years they get to ravage europe and not take a hit of infamy?

You do not see Germany declaring war on France every 5 years now a years for Alsace Loraine now a days and if they did the world would absolutley not go 'oh, they ahve claims there, its fine, there good guys'

Ok, is there ANY WAY besides... I dunno, building a world shatteringly large army, that you can STOP france (and her allies, in my case, every time, the UK and France) from declaring war with Prussia/NFG/Germany EVERY 5 YEARS for Alsace Loraine?

My way to do it is to beat France to pulp...Occupy every province for 2 or 3 years before making peace, add some cheap wargoals like free people and humiliate.

France should take such a hit that she will never cause problem again.

Keep some strong armies in Alsace Lorraine that she can see...and keep some strong armies ready in your country.
And nothing say after the war is done you cant go back to 150+ relation...

Doing that usually work very well for me.

Hi all,
Currently I'm playing as France and made venezuela a puppet state. My question is what are the advantages of making a state your puppet vs establishing a protectorate (Conquest) or placing it in your sphere of influence??

Currently I'm playing as France and made venezuela a puppet state. My question is what are the advantages of making a state your puppet vs establishing a protectorate (Conquest) or placing it in your sphere of influence

A puppet is a guaranteed ally (if you ask them, they will accept) and will follow you in any war.
No other can have any diplo with a puppet but you, so its easier for you to get high relations that help to sphere.

A sphere is about you and your SoI to share a market.
Its easy too to make ally with sphere, but not always (if you own 1 or more of their core).
A sphered country can be lost if you drop from GP status or if another country manage to steal it from you.

A protectorate, well, you own the state, you have full control...

Basically, puppets help for military, spheres for economics.

My way to do it is to beat France to pulp...Occupy every province for 2 or 3 years before making peace, add some cheap wargoals like free people and humiliate.

France should take such a hit that she will never cause problem again.

Keep some strong armies in Alsace Lorraine that she can see...and keep some strong armies ready in your country.
And nothing say after the war is done you cant go back to 150+ relation...

Doing that usually work very well for me.

My issue is their amazingly super alliances with the UK and Russia, they never break them and they always join the war. I can not fight two front constantly and I can not destroy all of russia's armies inorder to hold the territory

So you are only just winning the war? No wonder they come back for more

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...nuses-and-poor-poor-poor-allies...&highlight=

not for strong alliances anymore?

I am all for strong alliances. I am not for half of Europe being able to curb stomp a nation every 5 years just because they hold a little bit of dirt. If you fail to aquire that bit of territory in one or two wars like that you should loose claims on it. I miss that in EU, the giving up of claims.

So far there have been 4 wars with this alliance.

First was france demanding the rhineland, I beat them, and russia and the uk with the help of Austria and anexed Alsace Loraine.
Second I beat them badly enough they accepted white peace.
Third I beat them so bad that I anexed west poland from Russia.
The last one I did not have austria as an ally so I had to throw a netherlands colony under the bus to get peace.