• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing as Japan (in 3.2) which provinces would be considered Overseas? Chinese coast? Borneo?

Provinces in the same continent are never considered overseas, and everything you mentioned is in Asia, so none of them are. (In DW, anyway - not sure if it was different in IN).

I see a "Build Manufactory" button near the bottom in provinces. I clicked it, heard a noise and not sure if its building or not, I know Im missing something obvious, but this does not seem to be like building a market place or fort.

I see a "Build Manufactory" button near the bottom in provinces. I clicked it, heard a noise and not sure if its building or not, I know Im missing something obvious, but this does not seem to be like building a market place or fort.

It opens a new panel where unique buildings used to be. You then select which manufactory you want.

I'm playing version 3.2 as Japan, and I've got the issue where islands just over the dateline to the East are ~2000 away - and yes I'VE DELETED THE CACHE FOLDER - several times. Aleut, in the Far North shows up fine but islands like Hawaii and Tahiti are too far to colonize. Any solution for this? I have a colony Vanuatu just to the West of the dateline and it's about to core - is that going to make a difference?

I'm playing version 3.2 as Japan, and I've got the issue where islands just over the dateline to the East are ~2000 away - and yes I'VE DELETED THE CACHE FOLDER - several times. Aleut, in the Far North shows up fine but islands like Hawaii and Tahiti are too far to colonize. Any solution for this? I have a colony Vanuatu just to the West of the dateline and it's about to core - is that going to make a difference?

No solution. You can't send colonists over the dateline, and if it ever lets you, it is a bug and you should be very careful not to save while that colonist is en route.

Can someone tell me what the immediate benifits of colonys are and how long do they take to turn into a province.

Also, after discovering in my England game that, despite discovering it......its gonna be a while before I can colonise America... so I have sent some colonists to africa - is this a good idea, or wait until america.

Can someone tell me what the immediate benifits of colonys are and how long do they take to turn into a province.

Also, after discovering in my England game that, despite discovering it......its gonna be a while before I can colonise America... so I have sent some colonists to africa - is this a good idea, or wait until america.
Africa is dirt poor in taxes and dirt poor trade goods (usually). America is pretty good, though. Places like Cuba and Hispaniola are rather rich.

The Provincial Decision, Enact Settlement Policy, does it actually last until 1 jan 1821 or when the province change culture?

Lose 3 magistrates.
Lose 2 colonists.
"PROV" gets 'Settlement Policy' until 1 January 1821, giving the following effects:
Local Revolt Risk: +8.00
Yearly Colonists: -0.50
Yearly Magistrates: -0.10
Population Growth: +10.0%
Infamy: +0.10 (Is this yearly or one time?)

Hi, Sorry guys one more question - Is there a way to stop attriction for ships - or at least minamilise it. Im trying to discover south america with England, but by the time I get past mexico, my ships are on like 45%, so I need to head back to my ports to heal.

Yakolew-- the effects disappear when the province changes culture (this can take a short or long time, I'm uncertain of the factors involved. I've seen it happen in a few years before, but I haven't done it often enough to give a proper guess)

Tapewormlondon-- Not really. If you use the Colonial Map Mode (cloud icon above the mini-map) you can see trade winds, which reduce attrition if you work with them and increase attrition if you work against them. Being coastal reduces attrition compared to being 'out at sea'. Gaining military access from Castille or Morocco would be a major benefit to discover south America, you can land your ships in Canary Islands or nearby and go from there. Remember, "Months at Sea" increases attrition penalties, so even at 100% you want to depart from somewhere closer to your destination to reduce the total attrition you'll suffer. Historically there was a 'triangle' of trade, due to the trade winds, which go from Spain/North Africa, to Brazil/Carribbean, to New England/Halifax, back to Europe-- the game rewards using this type of route. Shooting straight across the Atlantic from England to Northeast USA/Canada is a high-attrition route, though if you get access or a colony at Greenland you can avoid the nasty wind by using a northern route.

Hi, Sorry guys one more question - Is there a way to stop attriction for ships - or at least minamilise it. Im trying to discover south america with England, but by the time I get past mexico, my ships are on like 45%, so I need to head back to my ports to heal.

Best way is probably to hug the African coast and get military access from Mali/Ashanti/whoever. At the narrowest point you only have to cross one open sea province to get from Africa to Brazil.

Anyone got any tips on the demand annexation diplomatic option? I'm playing Ming in DW and have a load of vassals in South East Asia that I'm looking to begin incoporating into my empire.....but they all say they're unlikely to accept the offer. Kinda stumped with what to do to make them acquiesce.

One question - trying to make Sardinia-Piedmont playable from 1399 - I have the decision (from a thread on these forums) in my 'decisions' folder in the EU3 game folder, but when I start a game as a Lombard culture nation (Savoy) the decision is not listed in the game. What am I forgetting? Has anyone else been able to do this, or is there a quick reference guide to doing these minor modifications somewhere? Thanks!