• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
on a side note: Qara Koyunlu starts with Azerbaijani culture (part of Persian group) so they are able to form Persia without culture-shifting.

Look again, Vaszil. :) Azerbaijani is in the Altaic group, referencing it's then Turkic and Mongol composition. Still, the lower Caucasus could indeed constitute one of those regions where the in-game culture line is difficult to draw for the whole time-frame.

Anyone know what the factors for PU inheritances are?

In my latest game (as France), I got both Castille and Aragon in personal unions, yet I can't actually inherit them. I would much prefer that to integration, which is spotty anyway.

Hey,

i played EU III a few years ago with a friend. Now i saw a lets play and decided to play the game again.
So i went to steam and bought it. To be more exact i bought the complete version.

Download finished; happy; lets go!
But then i saw the "new" world map and i really dislike it. Is it possible to get the old world map from the standard game without any addons back?
This one:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/sites/default/files/screen_4_copy.jpg

and not this one:

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3142/segonaguerrasobrefrana.png

Hey,

i played EU III a few years ago with a friend. Now i saw a lets play and decided to play the game again.
So i went to steam and bought it. To be more exact i bought the complete version.

Download finished; happy; lets go!
But then i saw the "new" world map and i really dislike it. Is it possible to get the old world map from the standard game without any addons back?
This one:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/sites/default/files/screen_4_copy.jpg

and not this one:

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3142/segonaguerrasobrefrana.png

You bought the "Complete bundle", which was only complete when they released that specific package. To get the "new" map, you need a later expansion, Divine Wind, which is included in the "Chronicle bundle" or can bought separately.

It's sadly an easy mistake to make. : (

PS: you also need the expansion "heir to the throne" to play the Divine Wind. So buy the bits you didn't get in Complete. If you go into steam and search Complete, you'll see the two extra expansions in the lower box "Packages that include this game: Chronicles."

Last edited:
Oh ok. I thought the made the nice map uglier but that sounds more logical :D

But the term complete is really strange for a "not complete" version, even it was complete at some point in time. I´m not sure if i would have bought it for 25 Euros instead of 15. Maybe i would have, not sure. Now i have to pay the 10 more obv or the 15 would be wasted money....
This should be chanced in my opinion! If its called complete, i expect complete....

Thank you anyway!

Look again, Vaszil. :) Azerbaijani is in the Altaic group, referencing it's then Turkic and Mongol composition. Still, the lower Caucasus could indeed constitute one of those regions where the in-game culture line is difficult to draw for the whole time-frame.

true-true - my bad.

I wrote that because Qara Koyunlu is indeed able to form Persia so... I really don't know why. I guess because their state religion is Shiite.

true-true - my bad.

I wrote that because Qara Koyunlu is indeed able to form Persia so... I really don't know why. I guess because their state religion is Shiite.

And indeed now It's my turn to say "my bad", though not about the culture thing. It's Iranian Culture group OR Azerbaijani.

"Culture is either from the Iranian group, or Azerbadjani" --> Persia.

In my latest game (as France), I got both Castille and Aragon in personal unions, yet I can't actually inherit them. I would much prefer that to integration, which is spotty anyway.

To add to this, I discovered that when Aragon briefly dipped to negative prestige, it said I could inherit.

So... any way to reduce my lesser partners' prestiges?

Can I disable the navy list which appears when hovering mouse over sea provinces in HttT?
paskalista.png

What makes an AI willing to buy my provinces (for 0 dukats)?
It looks like "bordering them" is one point.
I don't know whether relation or trust factor in they seam to not be enough, at least...

Are there provinces so bad, that the AI would not even want them for free?

Btw, if I got mission italian ambition and want to annex Venice, but ofc Venice is too large to annex,
can I then attack venice and make it release a few provs so I can later annex it? Or do the mission only fire once?

(I mean obviously if I don't take any italian provinces)

Is there a specific shortcut for the trade portion of the ledger?

I have a Logitech G600 mouse, and have configured numerous commands on it, like pause, game speed, and so on; however by assigning one of the buttons to the "l" key, I get whatever I last browsed (like the building screen).

What makes an AI willing to buy my provinces (for 0 dukats)?
It looks like "bordering them" is one point.
I don't know whether relation or trust factor in they seam to not be enough, at least...

Are there provinces so bad, that the AI would not even want them for free?

In general the ai will accept provinces they border, have a core on, have the right religion, or have the right culture. Note however, the ai will ABSOLUTELY NOT accept an HRE member province unless they have a core no matter how attractive it would normally be for them.

Absolutely: you must have positive relations with the target, you must have positive prestige, they cannot be in a war

Other factors that some have claimed to have an effect but since Johan isn't talking is only speculation:

high relations, high trust, high diplomacy value of heir (including SoI), high legitimacy, large prestige difference between nations, own as many/more provinces than the target, low infamy, same religion, same culture

Can I disable the navy list which appears when hovering mouse over sea provinces in HttT?
I believe you need to delete the map cache.

Is it possible to gain the prince restored event fi you negotiate with rebels as emperor?

I diplo annexed Holland for a core on Zeeland, and now have unlawfull infamy from Holland itsself. Was gonne release them as a vassal, after I could move my NI and remove the Dutch core from Zeeland. Would negotiating with the rebels work aswell or should I just wait the 7 years?

Hello, sorry if this question has been asked before, I can't find the "thread search" function.

My country has a Theocracy. What happens when the Archbishop dies? Does the Church elect a new Archbishop immediately, or is there a "regency" period like in a Monarchy (which I guess wouldn't make much sense)?

How to expand peacefully as a HRE OPM or near?

When you claim the throne of a presumptive conquest, you are dissuaded by big powers guaranteeing their independence or allied with them, and low legitimacy small countries always already have royal marriages with countries you don't want to fight in a succession war.

Also, concerning advisers, is it worth it to check each year if any decent ones passed their first-year of exclusivity? It seems to me that the truly useful ones are always seldom present, and cultural tradition is hard to gain without spending a significant amount of ducats (if you don't have Patron of the Arts), which is in itself hard to achieve for small nations relying on trade as income, since minting necessarily means to inflation, and the price of cultural decisions is more or less adjusted to the size of your economy.

Last edited: